Fastlane Inc turbo kit info? And my dilemma. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Fastlane Inc turbo kit info? And my dilemma.

I've been surfing afm for a while now. Ordered my mustang back in august. Got it about 2 weeks ago. This thing is wicked black 2012 cs with glass roof, hid and comfort package. Mt-82 and 3.73's. I do plan on going forced induction soon and I can't deciede between the kenne bell, hellion turbo kit, or the fastlane kit. But a search on here for fastlane turbo kit showed no results. I already plan on gearing back down to 3.55 in the rear end. 140 ish at the top of fifth is too slow for me. Plus if I go turbo I can stay in each gear longer. But anyways. Does anybody have any experience with the fastlane kit?

My dilemma is....

Kenne bell pro's:
Get to use a kooks full exhaust system with off road x pipe. Love the sound and build quality of it.
Much less complicated set up, don't get me wrong, not afraid of turbo's but the hellion kit is a damn spagetti bowl of exhaust and intake piping... :/

Cons: after hours of youtubing, I still can't tell if the kb has the classic kb whine. I understand it matters on altitude and boost pressure. But I want that ear piercing whine.

The "intercooler", idk how well it works, seeing how the charged air exits the front of the supercharger. Just curious on how well airflow and pressure is distributed throughout the manifold.

More driveline "shock". It's known that superchargers are rougher on driveline componets than turbos..

Either turbo kit.
Pros: turbos are alot more efficient than a supercharger, alot easier to adjust boost pressure and turbo size. I also love the turbo whistle more than a supercharger whine.

Cheaper in the long run of you factor in the full kooks kit ~2200$

Get to use meth/water injection for intake temps as I only have 91 octane available in west Texas.

Cons:

Complex piping, more chances of boost/exhaust leaks.

Not worried about exhaust heat, there's header wrap and heat shielding for that.

Call me picky but I'm worried about the exhaust sound haha. I'm shure there is something that can be worked out on that tho.

I already plan on a McLeod twin disk clutch and aluminum flywheel. Alot less rotational mass = quicker shifts and alot less stress on the synchronizers in the trans.

And other forced induction supporting mods. I know... Long post. Especially on an iPhone...

Basically the questions I have are.... Does anybody have any good info on the fastlane kit? Is the kenne bell whine loud? And any known problems with any of the three kits?

2012 gtcs. $40,005 worth of grinding, squeaking and whining....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member

BBR has a fantastic deal going on right now with the hellion turbo kit. Under $5500!

1998 Mustang GT, built, blown..570rwhp, 515rwtq.
2011 Mustang 5.0....JLT CAI, JLT oil separators, Roush Axle-backs, BBR93 Tune, BMR adj. upper w/mount, BBR lower w/relo bracket, BMR adj. panhard bar and brace, Roush Springs, Shaftmasters alum. DS, Stifflers DS loop, CS valance, Forgestar 19x9 19x10 wheels, JLT oil separators......402rwhp, 377rwtq
1993 Mustang GT...just got it 3.55's, full exhaust
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
Apprentice

Am I missing something with the Fastlane turbo kit really pricey at $9k?

BTW, those guys are right down the road from me.

2011 Blaze Yellow GT Ė Backup cam, Security, 6MT, 3:73 gears, 19" wheels, Hushpower cats back, Barton shifter & bracket, C&L CAI, Bama 93 race tune, JLT catch can, Eibach Pro springs & dampers & camber bolts, J&M adj. pan hard, 275/40/19 on SVE Drifts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg98gt View Post
BBR has a fantastic deal going on right now with the hellion turbo kit. Under $5500!
Wow! Is this the tuner kit or the full version with injectors and tuning?

2011 Mustang GT - Kona Blue Premium Coupe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senjo View Post
Just the tuner kit.....I think it said add $850 for injectors/tune.

2011 Mustang 5.0....JLT CAI, JLT oil separators, Roush Axle-backs, BBR93 Tune, BMR adj. upper w/mount, BBR lower w/relo bracket, BMR adj. panhard bar and brace, Roush Springs, Shaftmasters alum. DS, Stifflers DS loop, CS valance, Forgestar 19x9 19x10 wheels, JLT oil separators......402rwhp, 377rwtq
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senjo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg98gt View Post
Just the tuner kit.....I think it said add $850 for injectors/tune.
American Muscle has the full kit for $6k. Tuner kit is $5,146. Not bad at all.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hellion-turbo-11gt.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hellio...it-1112gt.html

2011 Mustang GT Premium, Black on Black, 6MT, 3.55 Gears, Security Package
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Damn....that's an awesome price! I need to sell my Ninja like now!!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

That is a really great deal! But wouldn't the single lag quite a bit compared to a twin or roots? And I have been told that modern S/C have very little drag on the system when they are not in use. Is that true? Is that for a blower S/C and NOT the roots style?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I put a turbo on my old car, be warned, unless you have a lot of time, know how and money I would go SC. Don't get me wrong, I love turbos they just have a lot of issues. But if you like to wrench, have a vast knowlege of tuning and resources then you may be OK. IMO

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 California Special
Convertible Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page