Rear lower control arms questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Rear lower control arms questions

Im looking to upgrade my rear lower control arms. I am looking for a compromise between performance and road comfort. Both my other cars are set up with full suspension and urethane in place of every stock bushing. So I'm not looking tondo the same to this car. So I'm wondering if anyone has ran the ford racing rear lower control arms? I'm looking to eliminate some of my rear axle movement. I ran at the track today on my drag radials and had no wheel hop but I could feel the rear end shift on my 1-2 shift. So any experience shared with these would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011
PONY Member
S197 Member

Check out the J&M's. I got the "street" version and they really aren't a compromise. The poly ball bushings tighten things up but do not add binding when you turn. The increase in NVH is extremely minor. The price through American Muscle is $25 less than the FRPP parts.

2007 Vista Blue GT Convertible
More mods than are readily apparent and that my wife knows about
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member

Ride comfort should not be affected with any control arm...

Just an old ford...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessethompson View Post
Im looking to upgrade my rear lower control arms. I am looking for a compromise between performance and road comfort. Both my other cars are set up with full suspension and urethane in place of every stock bushing. So I'm not looking tondo the same to this car. So I'm wondering if anyone has ran the ford racing rear lower control arms? I'm looking to eliminate some of my rear axle movement. I ran at the track today on my drag radials and had no wheel hop but I could feel the rear end shift on my 1-2 shift. So any experience shared with these would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not going to lie, *I* can tell the difference in ride with any set of aftermarket control arms, but to me, it is VERY minor, and well worth it for the improvement in traction.

The LCAs make the most improvement, but at $179 for the set of three arms, you can't beat our UPR Products Elite Series control arm kit:
2011-2012 Ford Mustang GT V6 Chrome Moly Street Upper & Lower Control Arm Package - UPR Products

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page