FRPP/Whippled installed..... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

FRPP/Whippled installed.....

Got the car back on Friday, JPC Performance performed the install and tuning. I am happy with the install and the performance. Here are a few pics of the car and the dyno. This is the FRPP 525 Kit...

Thanks for looking.

2011 Ingot Silver GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
Apprentice

congratulations man. car looks great now post some videos.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

2012 Mustang GT Kona Blue
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member

Very very nice!

347 turbo 95 GT & roller 95 GT (past 408w car)

MOESMUSCLEMUSTANGS.WORDPRESS.COM

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice! Are these wheels from the Boss?

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

515 at the wheels, that is nice. When are you heading up to 75/80, would like to see it run, would be cool to get some video of you spanking a mopar or bowtie!

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Kingcrabb
How does the blower sound? Is it audible at low boost?

2011 5.0 400a Brembo.
12.7 @ 113 Stock
12.5 @ 116 Bama Tune
2001 Focus Built Boosted to the moon.
15.6 @ 86 Stock
11.8 @ 117....not stock....
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
PONY Member

how does this work? it is a 525hp kit.. buy you get 600+hp at the crank? is it due to custom tuning?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcrabb View Post
The airbox can kill a lot of intake noise but there are open element cone filters available if you want the noise. At higher boost numbers they also really free up some power.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
The airbox can kill a lot of intake noise but there are open element cone filters available if you want the noise. At higher boost numbers they also really free up some power.
I disagree. Read some of KenneBell's tech articles. They HATE those open element filters. I know that Whipple and KenneBell are two different brands. But I trust them.

My car has the same closed air box as the Mustang comes with stock, yet it makes more power than the kit is rated for. I think those open air elements are hocus pocus.

Heres the article: http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Commo...AirWARNING.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by by9468840 View Post
how does this work? it is a 525hp kit.. buy you get 600+hp at the crank? is it due to custom tuning?
Whipple is kind of funny on their ratings. The 415hp kit for the 05-09's make more like 400rwhp. Then their 500bhp kit make ~450rwhp or more. 450rwhp is equal to about 520bhp. I'm not really surprised

2007 GT500 - White, Blue stripes, 2010 clutch, JLT123, SLP Loudmouth, VMP tune, AFCO heat exchanger, CHE upper/lower control arms, QA1 adjustable rear shocks. #360 of all GT500 coupes. 13,000 miles.
RWHP - ?? ~500
_______
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport 6spd - Daily Driver
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

What kind of boost pressures are you seeing?

2012 GT CS Ingot Silver Vert, Edelbrock E-force supercharger with CAI and 3.5 Pulley, Tremec T-56 Mag, Accufab 84.5, Centerforce DF, Billet Yoke aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.73 Rear, MRT Performance H-pipe, Bassani axle backs, JL Audio sound, Edelbrock strut tower brace, JPC adjustable UCA, UMI adjustable panhard bar, KW V3 coilovers, Steeda heavy duty front mounts, Steeda rear LCA's, 20" Steeda Spyders with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Steeda Big Brake Kit ....... it just keeps going.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick F View Post
I disagree. Read some of KenneBell's tech articles. They HATE those open element filters. I know that Whipple and KenneBell are two different brands. But I trust them.

My car has the same closed air box as the Mustang comes with stock, yet it makes more power than the kit is rated for. I think those open air elements are hocus pocus.

Heres the article: http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Commo...AirWARNING.pdf

Whipple is kind of funny on their ratings. The 415hp kit for the 05-09's make more like 400rwhp. Then their 500bhp kit make ~450rwhp or more. 450rwhp is equal to about 520bhp. I'm not really surprised
What there talking about is the open element kits that have no enclosure. The Pro-Charger kit with the filter aimed at the Firewall sitting over the drivers side exhaust manifold is a good example of a bad intake set-up. That gets nothing but hot air (really hot) The CAI's that are sold by Steeda and Air-Raid that have an enclosed sealed box with a cool air inlet are not that type.

2014 Mustang GT MT/3:73 Gears/Brembo Brake Package
PONY Member

Nice... Reminds me of the cobra jet lol

12' RR GT | FORD RACING | JBA | CERVINI | ROUSH | KONI | H&R | 3DCARBON | C&L | AMRs | BREMBO | CDC
Rookie

So sexy. Saving for a SC hopefully by next year myself.

For me part of having a SC is the whine it makes, but I do see people enjoying a sleep at the light :smilie

Hope you enjoy your SC
PONY Member

a nice looking car made even nicer with 515hp.
enjoy it!

2007 ROUSH M90 Supercharged Mustang GT
2011 Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Mustang GT
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphalt Cowboy View Post
Nice! Are these wheels from the Boss?
Yes, from a 2012 Boss. Evolution Performance sent me a e-mail when a customer just bought a new Boss, but didn't want the wheels. They only had 40 miles on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT midlife CS View Post
515 at the wheels, that is nice. When are you heading up to 75/80, would like to see it run, would be cool to get some video of you spanking a mopar or bowtie!
I was just up there for their last Friday night races, but I didn't have the car back yet. Not sure if I will race it this year, need to get some stickies... Where are you located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcrabb View Post
You can here a little whine in the car at about 3K, I don't think it can be heard outside the car though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by by9468840 View Post
It's the kit, but I already had A SCT, so I didn't need their tuner or tune. JPC did their custom tune...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoT midlife CS View Post
What kind of boost pressures are you seeing?
Next time I take it out, I will check

2011 Ingot Silver GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page