2011 5.0 GT Advancetrac service issue 2000$ to get fixed - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Dealers for all brands suck.

Should have got paperwork each time you took it in. If you had it documented before warranty, it wouldn't have been an issue to get it fixed.

2012 Candy Red GT Premium
2006 Corvette Z06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
the only wtty I would consider is the Ford one. I would worry about validity of other wttys. As mentioned b4 price shop Ford ESP and be sure of what level you want. I admit to being one who doesn't buy extended wttys.

good luck either way you choose.
Never had an issue with the Ford extended warranty, I would shy away from others. I almost wonder if we should consider it part of the price when buying the car considering cost of repairs with all this technology these days.

2011 GT auto, 40k miles, mild tune
"If the price of your advice is an insult, I guarantee you I won't be listening."
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyzon View Post
I got an email from Carchex with an ad for an extended warranty so I replied to get an estimate. For our VIN, 2011 GT 5.0 the 5 year extended warranty to 100K miles is $3300. They will take payments over 24 months if anyone is interested.

That warranty is a bad deal. The Ford ESP is MUCH MUCH cheaper, however, I'm not so sure you can still buy the Ford ESP now that your car is out of the original 3/36. Maybe you can because it is still covered under the 5/60?

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal View Post
Dealers for all brands suck.

Should have got paperwork each time you took it in. If you had it documented before warranty, it wouldn't have been an issue to get it fixed.
Step up to the plate show us how it's done
Rookie

Unhappy AdvanceTrac loss of control

My 2012 Ford Mustang has nearly 60k miles on it. Pulled out of a parking lot and the traction control light came on and ABS breaks activated as I was going about 15 mph. I drove a block and it happened again as I came to a stop at the light. Car seemed to pull slightly to the right, but I never lost control of the car. Drove a few blocks to get gas, turned the car off, turned back on and no issues driving home. Going to Ford to check the issues. Seen a few AdvanceTrac issues going back to 2008 on many Fords. Not liking the idea that I may need to replace rack and pinion/steering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page