FRPP Tune Installed! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
You are 100% wrong. It does matter where you buy it and a proof of purchase is necessary. Just because its bought from an authorized dealer and its installed by a Ford dealer doesn't mean your warranty is in effect. You must next email a copy of your work order, proof of purchase (link an invoice or screenshot), and P/A code to [email protected] so they can register you. Also BuyFordRacing.com is an authorized dealer. I bought my ProCal from them, I've sent my information to Ford Racing, and my warranty is confirmed.
It does not matter where you buy it. Call them and ask. Do you think it matters who sells you a piece of paper and a filter? Proof of purchase, yes. Authorized retailer? No

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
It does not matter where you buy it. Call them and ask. Do you think it matters who sells you a piece of paper and a filter? Proof of purchase, yes. Authorized retailer? No
Yep, I'm wrong sir. It seems to not matter. I stand corrected:hihi:

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
PONY Member

For the record I've got about 1k miles with the ProCal and the engine runs stronger than ever. I do have the ping but its only at around 3 to 4.5k RPM with sudden acceleration. I don't get it under full WOT. I've done it about 4 times. I mentioned these later characteristics to my Ford Racing tech and he swore it was Catalytic Impingement. He was like just drive it, enjoy it, and you will be fine. That's all I can do at this point. Yall will be the first to know if something breaks and I literally have Ford Racing on speed dial

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11

GT Member

Quote:
I might have to spring for this pretty soon. I want something that firms up the shifts for the auto....dont necessary care about the extra HP, just better throttle response.

Ill have to call around to the dealers in my area to see what they charge for install.

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
Just go for it! You are missing out without it! If it pings then breaks something and the dealer blames the tune Ford Racing will fix it.
That's kind of scary right there tho, when you spent 35K+ on a brand new car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
I would never go back to stock after seeing would the tune can do. The difference is worth the possible ping. :shiny:
Is the difference really worth taking a chance wasting your Mustang? ...
I mean like some said before on this subject, if Ford Racing was so sure about its tune, why don't they honor a full warranty, just like a stock Mustang? Why Ford doesn't support a full warranty on this? I guess they're not that confident then...
Quote:
For the record I've got about 1k miles with the ProCal and the engine runs stronger than ever. I do have the ping but its only at around 3 to 4.5k RPM with sudden acceleration. I don't get it under full WOT.
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is "WOT"??
Quote:
I've done it about 4 times. I mentioned these later characteristics to my Ford Racing tech and he swore it was Catalytic Impingement. He was like just drive it, enjoy it, and you will be fine. That's all I can do at this point. Yall will be the first to know if something breaks and I literally have Ford Racing on speed dial
Kind of scary too... Since all this stuff is going on, I wonder if you drive as confident as before, I mean at some point you're gonna listen more to your engine to see if you hear that "ping", and always wonder if you're gonna break something, that sucks.
I mean I prefer by far going with Ford Racing products than any other brands, but why do they get these issues while other tuners like Bama or Steeda don't? Aren't they the ones that say they know the cars better cause they're certified Ford technicians??? Something is wrong right there, and I think Ford Racing should definitely find a solution with that "ping" and warranty issues.
Just my 02 cents...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Apprentice

^^You could head out on your lunch break today and get smashed by a semi and killed..does that mean you dont go to lunch today?! Point is who cares do what you want quit worrying bout tiny little things cause tomorrow you may not be here.

2012 Race red, 6mt, 3.73s, Roush ABs :shiny:, Bbk Xpipe, Resonator Deletes, Eibach Pro Kit, J&m adj panhard, steeda intake bama tune, AM shifter, Saleen Replica wheels and Nitto tars!
PONY Member

Asphalt Cowboy,

WOT = Wide Open Throttle or Pedal to the metal. At least that's what you the acronym for. lol

I agree with all of your concerns and I have mentioned this to Ford Racing myself through email and phone. I've even mentioned it to the warranty department. Personally, I don't recommend the tune to anyone but I would get this tune rather than any of the other canned tunes. There has been reported issues involving almost all of the canned tunes. Why? Because every car is different and canned tunes just don't cut it. They need to be adjusted at times. I applaud BAMA for their customer service in this regard though cause they will send and adjusted tune if you have issues. I will probably never tune a car again because its not worth losing your warranty but I will have it done by an experienced professional if I do it again. Check the threads. Guys put up better number and are running more efficiently when its tuned by a pro that knows how to make the proper adjustments. Just my 2 cents.

Rookie

I'm probably goong to be installing this soon as well. I'm trying to sell my sct tuner now just so I can retain my warranty
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
No worries bud. All good in the hood.

2012 blk/blk gt premium, 400a, brembos, comfort, reverse/security, 3.73's...

Ordered 4/16, vin 6/2, window sticker 6/9, build date 6/16, ETA 6/27, arrived 6/25, picked up 6/29...

mods: magnaflow streets, frpp power pack, mgw shifter, dss driveshaft, s/s clutch/brake lines, steeda rear suspension.
post #40 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Just because its bought from an authorized dealer and its installed by a Ford dealer doesn't mean your warranty is in effect.
This is correct. I had to provide Warranty Ford Racing with

- Dealer service work order
-
VIN # - Part number
- Sales receipt of procal programmer
You can email them this info at :

[email protected]hey will respond.

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
2011 Mustang GT|GT500 AB |FRPP Tune|6A
2010 Rav4 V6 | 07 Mazdaspeed3| 04 SRT4| 99 GSXR 750
2012 Camaro SS L99 Gone and forgotten
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenyatta View Post
^^You could head out on your lunch break today and get smashed by a semi and killed..does that mean you dont go to lunch today?! Point is who cares do what you want quit worrying bout tiny little things cause tomorrow you may not be here.
That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read here; if for you wasting your car that you paid over $35K+ (around $40K with mods now) for 16HP extra and a little more feel is a "tiny little thing" then great; do it! If taking a chance breaking the engine is a "tiny little thing", good for you, it's not for me. I didn't spend over $40K to take a chance and waste it all on a $289 tune. I don't have unlimited cash, but I'm sure I wouldn't care if I had...
Comparing that with the chances of getting hit while taking your lunch break, is ridiculous. For many of us, buying a 2011+ brand new Mustang is a lot of money, break the engine with a tune, and you're talking big losses.

Quote:
Asphalt Cowboy,

WOT = Wide Open Throttle or Pedal to the metal. At least that's what you the acronym for. lol

I agree with all of your concerns and I have mentioned this to Ford Racing myself through email and phone. I've even mentioned it to the warranty department. Personally, I don't recommend the tune to anyone but I would get this tune rather than any of the other canned tunes. There has been reported issues involving almost all of the canned tunes. Why? Because every car is different and canned tunes just don't cut it. They need to be adjusted at times. I applaud BAMA for their customer service in this regard though cause they will send and adjusted tune if you have issues. I will probably never tune a car again because its not worth losing your warranty but I will have it done by an experienced professional if I do it again. Check the threads. Guys put up better number and are running more efficiently when its tuned by a pro that knows how to make the proper adjustments. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for your feedback and honesty Sanupe1911 You still have the FRPP tune on yours tho, right? If so, why do you keep it, if you're not that confident with it?

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
PONY Member

I'm still thinking about getting this tune...though there has been numerous posts concerning the ping that some have, so far...no one has reported that their engine has blown up on any of the forums out there with this tune...so Ford Racing must be correct in saying, "just drive it, enjoy it, and you will be fine."...just saying
PONY Member

Asphalt Cowboy,

I'm keeping it because

A. I paid a nice penny for it and paid a nice penny to get it installed.

B. More HP, TQ, MPGs, throttle response, and slightly more aggressive shift points in my auto

C. I have a warranty, Ford Racing has promised the ping is buy design...I have an email trace to prove it. I going to trust it....for now.

D. I don't understand how something could go wrong when your engine has been improved so much. I'm just going to ride with the occasional ping. But....I may not keep it when I hit 36k. I will probably get a proper tune.

post #44 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

[quote=Asphalt Cowboy;2941085]
Quote:
That's kind of scary right there tho, when you spent 35K+ on a brand new car...
Well I spent $25k since I got a great deal on my base Brembo.
If I thought it was a huge risk I wouldn't do it. I have not heard of one Procal tuned stang 5.0 blowing up and if I were to be the first Ford racing will cover it! I also never keep my cars past 3/36 any way so this works perfect for me :yelpleased:
Quote:
Is the difference really worth taking a chance wasting your Mustang?
Yes! The difference is huge with the manual! The chance is very low given the statistics.
The stock tune is lame! My V6 rav 4 feels faster lol!
I would not fully recommend this for the auto car though. I didn't notice much of a difference far as SOTP and the shifts were still way to soft. I know it's not always about feel. Both the auto and manual cars are running faster at the track with this tune.

2012 5.0 Brembo, AED Performance Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 AB, 3.73, Airaid cai, GT500 SW :yelpleased:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
post #45 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnido45 View Post
I'm still thinking about getting this tune...though there has been numerous posts concerning the ping that some have, so far...no one has reported that their engine has blown up on any of the forums out there with this tune...so Ford Racing must be correct in saying, "just drive it, enjoy it, and you will be fine."...just saying
Exactly what I'm saying! People running the stock tune are greatly missing out!

2014 CX-5 Touring
Gone but not forgotten:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page