Eibachs Pro kits for $125 shipped - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Garage
I lowered mine 4 days ago. (Eibach Pro-Kit) Extremely happy with it. Height is perfect on both sides. I didn't need a panhard adjustment as both rear wheels are dead on center. Getting some 275 rubber in the back in a few weeks. Anyone using spacers to bring the wheels out a little more?

2011 Black Mustang GT - Eibach Pro Kit - 275/40/19 Rears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I ordered a set, and they came in yesterday. Very well packaged (not that they're fragile), and I can't wait to get them on. Can't use the hobby shop this weekend here in Norfolk thanks to Operation Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon... *sigh*

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
Apprentice

Can the springs be installed then wait two weeks for the springs to settle then install an adjustible panhardbar if needed and finally get the alignment?

PONY Member

I'm wondering also if it's worth it to just put on an adjustable panhard bar while everything is apart or should I wait and see if its even required afterwards?

I've been told to expect to do the alignment after a couple weeks of settle time.

2012 GT Premium - 401A - 6MT - 3.73s - Steeda CAI and Tune - Steeda Q-Series Hood - Forgestar CF5s - SVT Brembo Brakes - BOSS Brake Ducts - MGW Shifter - GT500 Axlebacks - BOSS Side Exit Exhuast - Eibach Prokit Springs - Adjustable Panhard Bar - BOSS Strut Tower Brace
Apprentice

I got mine installed today. Springs only no struts no panhard. I measured (roughly) from the top outer tire wall and passenger side is about 3/4" inside the top of the fender well and the driver side is about 1/4" inside. Is that acceptable? The ride home felt factory just a bit tighter. I love the look to.

2012 Race red, 6mt, 3.73s, Roush ABs :shiny:, Bbk Xpipe, Resonator Deletes, Eibach Pro Kit, J&m adj panhard, steeda intake bama tune, AM shifter, Saleen Replica wheels and Nitto tars!
Apprentice

Dang im on my phone and put this on the wrong eibach thread lol. Oh well I guess.

2012 Race red, 6mt, 3.73s, Roush ABs :shiny:, Bbk Xpipe, Resonator Deletes, Eibach Pro Kit, J&m adj panhard, steeda intake bama tune, AM shifter, Saleen Replica wheels and Nitto tars!
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Burnett View Post
I'm wondering also if it's worth it to just put on an adjustable panhard bar while everything is apart or should I wait and see if its even required afterwards?

I've been told to expect to do the alignment after a couple weeks of settle time.
Install the panhard and the same time. It's super easy since u already have everything out of the way.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany View Post
what's the difference between these and stock Brembo springs? I know stock brembo springs are stiffer then stock..
IDK if someone answered your question yet, but:

Stock Spring Rates:
F- 122 lbs
R- 154 lbs

Brembo:
F- 131lbs
R- 167lbs

Pro Kit:
F- 460-570 lbs
R- 200-250 lbs

Sorry about the ambiguous Pro Kit Rates, but you can see they are still considerably firmer.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
PONY Member

That can't possibly be right. The Pro-Kits are four times stiffer than the Brembo springs in the front? I'm gonna call BS on that.

2012 GT Premium Coupe 6MT
Kona Blue | Black/Grabber Blue
401A | 3.55 | BBP | CP | SP | EP | GR | HID | RVC | RSS | "Piss 5ohwhoa off"
Delivered 07MAR11
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post
IDK if someone answered your question yet, but:

Stock Spring Rates:
F- 122 lbs
R- 154 lbs

Brembo:
F- 131lbs
R- 167lbs

Pro Kit:
F- 460-570 lbs
R- 200-250 lbs

Sorry about the ambiguous Pro Kit Rates, but you can see they are still considerably firmer.
Not certain where your numbers come from, but this is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye18 View Post
That can't possibly be right. The Pro-Kits are four times stiffer than the Brembo springs in the front? I'm gonna call BS on that.
Exactly, here is the full product information, PDF file attached. pasting some of the important stuff.

PRO-KIT—FORD MUSTANG 2011 DATA:

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

FRONT:

OE rate: 221 N/mm (122 lbs/in)
PK rate: 28-48 N/mm (160-274 lbs/in)
Tubing: None
Bump-stop: OE
Damper: OE
OE wheel center to fender: 402mm (15.8 in)
PK wheel center to fender: 375mm (14.8 in)
Front Alignment:
OE Camber =
-0.75 +/-0.75 deg
OE Caster = 7.1 +/-0.75 deg
OE Toe = 0.1 +/-0.2 deg
PK Camber = -1.0 deg
PK Caster = 7.4 deg
PK Toe = 0.1 deg
PRO-KIT can be aligned to OE specifications.
Approximate installation time: 1.5 hr
REAR:

OE rate: 27 N/mm (154 lbs/in)
PK rate: 22-34 N/mm (125-193 lbs/in)
Tubing: Yes
Bump-stop: New Eibach Springs bump-stop
Damper: OE
OE wheel center to fender: 425 mm (16.7 in)
PK wheel center to fender: 385 mm (15.2 in)
Rear Alignment:
OE Camber =
n/a
OE Toe = n/a
PK Camber = n/a
PK Toe = n/a
PRO-KIT can be aligned to OE specifications.
Approximate installation time: 1.0 hr
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mustang_prokit_35125_140.pdf (1.25 MB, 142 views)

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

Just ordered mine too after seeing pictures of these on everyone's car. I was planning on doing springs, lcas, ucas, panhard, and shocks/struts. Gotta start somewhere, and half off is great! Good looking out everyone

2011 Brembo GT
GT Member

Thanks for posting this and making me spend more money!! I ordered the springs and now I'm looking for an adjustable pan hard bar. Now who to buy from...
Apprentice

Well mine came in on Thursday and I did the install this morning.
Start to finish just a shade under three hours. Actual working time around two hours and fifteen minutes.
I'm hopeful that this two week settling time I keep reading about actually does something as the initial drop is about 1/2 inch in the rear and about 1/4 in the front. I was looking for a bit more initial drop that that but I guess time will tell.

2011 Black GT Premium, Brembo brake pkg, 3.73 gears, 6 speed.
Barton shifter and bracket. Gt 500 axlebacks. Eibach pro springs. Redline tuning hood shocks.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Give it time, and drive it easy. Mines starting to look really good, and the ride quality did not take near the hit I thought it would. Looking at the specs, the rear is initially softer than stock thanks to the progressive design.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Pony View Post
Well mine came in on Thursday and I did the install this morning.
Start to finish just a shade under three hours. Actual working time around two hours and fifteen minutes.
I'm hopeful that this two week settling time I keep reading about actually does something as the initial drop is about 1/2 inch in the rear and about 1/4 in the front. I was looking for a bit more initial drop that that but I guess time will tell.

I was skeptical at first when I put the car back on the ground. but they truly do settle a lot. you will be pleased with the end result.

03 Mach 1, Full eaton swap,4;10s, slp 2 with mac H pipe, 443 rwhp tuned by Excessive

1990 lx fully built 331 stroker

89 LX lots of goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page