Ford makes changes to 2013 5.0 engine. :MAD: - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
Well, I have a few minutes so thought I'd put it aside for some entertainment. Came on the forum.
As I read all this stuff I have to smile. The thread went from discussing changes to vehicle design, which all car makers since 1901 have done continuously to their product , to zeroing in on the notorious no.8 piston failure to you guessed it, personal attacks and insults.
Lets revisit the design changes. Gee, Im glad "Ford has made them. I fremember thje tinme when you bought a car and even if you took thew upmost meticulous care of it, you were lucky to get 70-80,000 miles out of an enginer with out it requiring a valve job, piston ring replacement, or even a comlete overhaul. My dad had a 1950 Ford Meteor with a flat head v8. He maintained it regularly and at 50,000 miles the engine was done.
Look what we have today. Mustangs among other cars are quite capable of logging up hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles.
No.8 gfailures ? Ive read lots of forums on this "internet" where the gurus of automotive history reside and Ive only seen one picture of a broken piston that was said , I repeat said to have come out of a 5.0 Ford.
Oh, I read lots of opinions and speculation. But for me the facts are this. out of akll thr Mustangs on the road, and there are multiple thousands of them, Ive yet to see or read anything that would compel me to believe that there is even remotely a design flaw in the Ford Mustang 5.0 engine. I am delighted that Ford is making design changes on an ongoing basis. I sure don't want a Model T Ford parked in my driveway thankyou.
Anyway, Ill give you a thought. Anyone remember the 340 engine built by Chrysler ? It was one of the sweetest street performance engines ever built. Anyone who remembers them would whole heartedly agree with that statement. BUT, and heree the clincher, I tried top find a decent Dodge dart to restore for many many years. And Chrysler built hundreds of thousands of them during their life span. I combed the North American countryside, and COULD NOT find ONE Dart with the original 340 engine still in tacty. All had been replaced, rebuilt or were with the car, in a basket. My point ? That was a well designed engine, and most of them got blown up. Why ? Well the TV commercial at the time was adverertizing 6,000 RPM, for 3,000 dollars. And belive me 6,000 rpm was magnificent engineering, at the time. People bought them , and literaly beat them to within an inch of their lives. And thus, destroyed them.
I read the forums and poeple are bying Mustangs, replacing tires at 5,000 miles because they are bald. tasking cars to drag strips, tuning motors. Adding headers, putting on superchargers, running nitrous. Aftermarket companies are beating Mustangs within an inch of their lives on a daily basis. And after all this, I see one picture of a broken piston on the internet. The wealth of automotive knowledge ? Give me a break. My engine could let go tomorrow. But It is tuned, and I sure dont drive the car like my grandmother would have.Any motor can be broken. But the facts are. Look at all the Mustangs on the road. Look at how they are being modified and driven.Then look for broken pistons. It doesnt take an Einstein to figure out that there are far more people out there talking about broken motors, than broken 5.0 motors that actually exist.

Please cut me some slack on spelling and typing. Im a machinist, not a secretary lol.
I'm new here, but +1 for this guy^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

This thread has ran it's course and should be closed.

GT Member

Where are all these stock failed engines you are referring to????

Did something happen this weekend we don't know about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert50Rat View Post
Well they cant do that anymore and the engines are still failing.
And not just cylinder #8.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
You are full of crap.

Post it up.... even one.

And don't use the "friend of a cousin of and sisters' buddy" thing.
God help me,I agree with Bryce....

Sometimes, I see cops with their backs turned writing tickets. When I drive by I can see them stick their heads up,and sniff the air,catching a whiff of exhaust and burning rubber,the crimson smell of speed,telling them a Race Red Mustang is somewhere nearby!

2012 Race Red GT, Kenwood Navigation system with Metra dash kit,GT500 steering wheel,Steering wheel buttons INCLUDING BT enabled,Takeoff leather seats with seat heaters.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Let me finish it off for you. The Nazis tried to use fear and intimidation to cover up engineering problems. Ford must be run by Hitler.

Now,by Godwins law,this thread is done.

Sometimes, I see cops with their backs turned writing tickets. When I drive by I can see them stick their heads up,and sniff the air,catching a whiff of exhaust and burning rubber,the crimson smell of speed,telling them a Race Red Mustang is somewhere nearby!

2012 Race Red GT, Kenwood Navigation system with Metra dash kit,GT500 steering wheel,Steering wheel buttons INCLUDING BT enabled,Takeoff leather seats with seat heaters.
Apprentice

Yeah, I read about 6-8 mustang forums daily and have been since I bought my car last May. I recall 2 or 3 tuned cars popping # 8's. No stock cars with # 8 issues. A few toasted because of the owners not checking the oil, hardly worth the fear and loathing contained in this thread.

2011 Ingot Silver GT MT82, MGW, Lethal H pipe, Bama 93R Ghost Cam, 3:73's
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
I tend to agree. Enough on this subject.

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page