High pitch whine at low acceleration/RPM - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I am aslo getting the same Hi Pitch Whistle between 2300 and 3000 RPM.

Putting back to stock is rediculious and not an option, purchased with 302 intake and Airiad.

2011 GT, BOSS 302 Intake, Steeda BOSS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Garage
I noticed my limited slip diff makes a whining noise thats pretty audible when the back seat is folded down. The dealership said it was normal, and 80k+ miles and no mechanical problem. It reminds me of a slight supercharger whine, so it doesn't really bug me...

'12 Mustang GT w/ Brembo Package 3.73s in Race Red, Boss Steering Wheel, Black Cobra Leather/Suede seats, GT500 axle-back, Heartthrobe Straight Piped h-pipe, Airraid CAI, Bama 91 SF3, Boss Brake Lines, Barton Shifter Bracket and Eibach Pro Kit

'64 Chevrolet Impala SS- frame off LowRod
Apprentice

Interesting topic I was wondering if you look at the stock intake tube it has several divits or add on plastic "bumps" in the tube and I wonder if this is to reduce the noise you are talking about. I have an Airaid aftermarket intake tube on my 2013 5.0 with the stock air box I have not noticed any noise on mine but will give it a good listen on next drive.

GT Member

The harmonic res chamber under the stock pipe and the "whoosh fingers" behind the TB are there to control intake noise, yes.

Don't feel bad...you didn't get 10-15 horse out a CAI on this car anyway; they really are about looks and sound, fwiw.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page