New Mid muffler idea: Check it out. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

New Mid muffler idea: Check it out.

So instead if having an H or X pipe, get the Cherry bomb extreme dual in/out for a chamber. Then get a bullet type of muffler, my choice will probably be Pypes M80. What do ya think? Has anyone ran a similar setup?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012
PONY Member

For a truck yes, for a Mustang nope.

Current
2016 gt premium, ingot silver, performance package, navigation

Previous
2012 gt premium, brembos, 3.73, 6mt, kona blue

2015 Ecoboost PP black on black 401A, security, enhanced backup

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012
Grimace427

I preordered the Mac Prochamber and it should have shipped yesterday. I will check my email today after work. If it arrives this week it will be installed by Saturday and vids up that evening.

MAC Mustang GT 5.0L 2011-2012 Pro Chamber to Stock Catalytic

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012
Apprentice

I'm interested to hear this setup also. I have heard many 4.6 cars that sounded great with the Prochamber, but no 2011+ yet.

I just added the Lethal O/R H to my GT500 mufflers...It's pretty loud!

Base 2012 GT Kona Blue/Charcoal 6MT

Ford Racing 2.3 Whipple 3.25 Pulley (10psi), JLT 123 CAI, Kooks Super Street Headers, GT500 Cans, O/R H, JDM 93 Tune, JLT Can, Roush E Springs w/ Strange 10 Ways, Steeda K-Member Brace, J&M Panhard + LCAs, Whiteline Relos, Brembos and the very first modded Whiteline trans bushing. 592whp/500wtq
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Damn, wrong forum.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSezz View Post

I just added the Lethal O/R H to my GT500 mufflers...It's pretty loud!
I plan on doing the same thing but I have the Roush ABs

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
.................. lol

Ford Racing 2.3 Whipple 3.25 Pulley (10psi), JLT 123 CAI, Kooks Super Street Headers, GT500 Cans, O/R H, JDM 93 Tune, JLT Can, Roush E Springs w/ Strange 10 Ways, Steeda K-Member Brace, J&M Panhard + LCAs, Whiteline Relos, Brembos and the very first modded Whiteline trans bushing. 592whp/500wtq
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell600 View Post
Damn, wrong forum.
Ha ha good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I preordered the Mac Prochamber and it should have shipped yesterday. I will check my email today after work. If it arrives this week it will be installed by Saturday and vids up that evening.

Where can a person find a picture of it?

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2012
Apprentice

Quote:

Hey Grimace, definitely post up vids and a review. I currently have just the Gt500 AB's. I am seriously considering ordering the Pro chamber as well as the JPC over axle pipes to finish my exhaust. Any thoughts on how this might sound? I'm am not interested in LT headers or cat deletes.

On a side note, was the price always $339? I thought I looked at this about a week ago and it was only $309 but I could be completely wrong as I'm easily confused.
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
Where can a person find a picture of it?
Google Images; at least for older models but it should look similar.

New Mid muffler idea: Check it out.-prochamber.jpg

New Mid muffler idea: Check it out.-prochamber2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal7 View Post
Hey Grimace, definitely post up vids and a review. I currently have just the Gt500 AB's. I am seriously considering ordering the Pro chamber as well as the JPC over axle pipes to finish my exhaust. Any thoughts on how this might sound? I'm am not interested in LT headers or cat deletes.

On a side note, was the price always $339? I thought I looked at this about a week ago and it was only $309 but I could be completely wrong as I'm easily confused.
The price has been $339 for as long as I've known it was going to market. I think the Prochamber with GT500's would sound VERY muscular. Mine will be going to Magnaflow Street mufflers so I am expecting a quiet but deep exhaust note.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSezz View Post
.................. lol
believe it or not...but I feel that my Roush ABs could use some more. Its loud on startup but once I shift out of Park it tones down. I am interested to see what the O/R X and Roush will sound like....if its too loud, I got the stock mufflers to put back on

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
Apprentice

Quote:
believe it or not...but I feel that my Roush ABs could use some more. Its loud on startup but once I shift out of Park it tones down. I am interested to see what the O/R X and Roush will sound like....if its too loud, I got the stock mufflers to put back on
I definitely agree with axle backs needing a bid more. IMHO, I think the best sounds come from a complete cat-back system. The reason I went with the off road pipe was for the added power. I stacked the off road H up with the GT500 mufflers and factory resonators to help control the sound. The combination is good, but it is still very loud at WOT. It either has to grow on me or I need to hear what other people are hearing when I drive by them. If it sounds awesome, it will stay because the sound is completely controllable by my right foot. There is no drone and the car is quiet when cruising on the highway. If you want to sit in neutral and rev the car, you are going to just make people near by angry. lol

PONY Member

Quote:

Excellent. Please do. I really want to hear it.

Quote:
Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Roush Axle Back and offroad X rev-up - YouTube

Be prepared, your face will melt.

Mke

2012 Mustang GT M6, tuned by AED. 11.79 @ 116.26 with 3.31 gears.

<------------ Click Under New Orleans for my YouTube videos. Tons of exhaust and drag racing vids with my 2012 GT.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I would still like to know if the OP's original idea would work. Nobody has really addressed this yet. Would a dual in/out muffler work like a prochamber?

2011 v6 PP Race Red
Flowmaster Super 44's
K&N Drop In
3.73 Rear End
Axle Exchange Driveshaft
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnagy75 View Post
I would still like to know if the OP's original idea would work. Nobody has really addressed this yet. Would a dual in/out muffler work like a prochamber?
The Prochamber does not have any kind of baffling or noise reduction, so I would think a dual in/out muffler would quiet the exhaust more than the Prochamber and possibly take away from the crossover efficiency.

On a side note, by coincidence I found that an SLK 55 AMG has a chambered crossover! They are certainly one of our more aggressive sounding Benz', just behind the SL63 and SL65 Black Series(The SLR is actually pretty quiet).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page