Time to bleed clutch on 12' GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Thanks, OAC_sparky (and grimmace), I stand corrected! and to the OP it appears that the dealer could have bled the clutch as per the service Manuel.

2011GTKonaBlueMTPremium/Comfort/BMRTubularFrontLowerControlarms
TallHDballjoints/QA1bumpsteerkit/EibachFrontAdjSwaybar/EibachRearAdjSwaybar
AR1-7/8longTubes/Magnaflo Catback/EibachProStreetCoilovers/MMcamber/casterplates
UMI DbleAdjLCAs/UMIloweringbracket/UMI DbleAdjPanhard/GriggsRearTorqueTube(eliminatesUpperControlArm)
JLT CAI/JohnLund 93Tune/Baer6PistonCalipers/14"slottedCrossdrilled2piece rotors
BlackChromeFR500s Nitto295rear 275front
CarbonFiber interior Bartonshortthrow/bracket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

UNGELDEDPONY

wondering what is the build date on your car.. hint is is in the drivers side door jamb.

beers

lurking for knowledge 04rx8 track car, 12 GTI dsg daily driver

2015 eco boost with track pack = rx8 on track, but with power????????

GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcap View Post
Thanks, OAC_sparky (and grimmace), I stand corrected!
No problem. We have all sorts of "little tricks" when assembling vehicles that would surprise you.

For 99.5% of you, the first time you crack open a bleeder screw on your brake calipers (assuming you do your brakes yourselves), it will be the first time that bleeder has been turned since it rolled off the assembly line at the brake caliper factory. We don't bleed them on the assembly line, the system is filled like I described above.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin
2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Roush Phase 2 625HP Supercharger | Black OTT Stripe | 400A | 5.0L | 6MT | 3.55 | HID | SP | CP | BBP | EP | RVC
Mods: Forget it .... too much to list!

GT Member

Putting system under vacuum doesn't actually suck air out. In reality you lowering pressure to change boiling point to pull vapor out. Just like pressure cap on cooling system raises boiling point. Anti-freeze doesn't raise boiling point pressure cap does
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
Putting system under vacuum doesn't actually suck air out. In reality you lowering pressure to change boiling point to pull vapor out. Just like pressure cap on cooling system raises boiling point. Anti-freeze doesn't raise boiling point pressure cap does
True, however the end result is that air previously in the system is gone after a vacuum bleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
You can bleed the brakes/clutch via the reservoir the same way you bleed a cooling system after a flush. When you apply a vacuum to the reservoir, trapped air gets sucked out the system(albeit slowly) and is actually the most thorough method for removing air. Because there are no collapsible rubber hoses and because the system is sealed on both ends, there is no flow of fluid during the process. What happens when a vacuum is applied is the air gets dissolved in the fluid then evaporates at the top of the reservoir. The same principle applies to the A/C system during a evac/recharge except the Freon is a gas at normal room temperature and pressure.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I didnt have to pay anything for the work performed. Just the rental which was $75. The weird thing is when I asked for the receipt he said he didnt have one and would send it to me. The clutch felt the same to me but honestly I was just glad to have my baby back. Its been really wet for the past couple weeks and I havent really been able to wring it out so Idk if its still sticking. My build date is JAN12.

2012 Mustang GT Coupe MT Black on Black.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
True, however the end result is that air previously in the system is gone after a vacuum bleed.

GT Member

Now what really poeple can't wrap there brain around making water vapor off at room temp. Put water in a jar then put it under vacuum
Rookie

I just put a braided clutch line on and I had to use a vacuum pump to get a successful bleed. I pumped a couple hundred times and had zero pedal, so I rigged up a cap/plug for my reservoir and pulled a vacuum for a minute or so and had some pedal when I got back in and gave it a try. Did that procedure a few times and all is well now.

2013 GT Premium, 6M, 3.73s, Brembo pkg., Steeda CAI, Cat Delete, X-Pipe, Mystery Tune?, GT500 AB, Barton Short Throw Shifter and Mount, Whiteline Trans Bushing, SR Braided clutch line w/ heat shield, JLT Oil Separator, 20% tint, Niche wheels.
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

"I was having the 1-2 hard shift issues and my clutch pedal stuck on a couple of high rpm shifts." There is a TSB regarding this stay out prob....it's caused by high centrifugal forces,once the rationale mass goes back down and centrifugal forces go back to normal, the pedal comes back up.....Ford recommends a stronger clutch spring unless I am forgetting something....Google this and it will give you all the info you need!

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
GT Member
S197 Member

Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page