$2000 HP budget for 2013 GT w/track pack and 3.73 - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnuts23 View Post
Should lowering springs and LCAs fix any wheel hop issues?
Yes, absolutely. I have UPR/Eibach springs and UPR control arms on my car and I have no wheelhop whatsoever. It wheelhopped like crazy when it was stock!

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
Yes, absolutely. I have UPR/Eibach springs and UPR control arms on my car and I have no wheelhop whatsoever. It wheelhopped like crazy when it was stock!
The control arms make all the difference in the world. Running UPR LCAs with Eibach springs and it's great!

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Manual
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
The control arms make all the difference in the world. Running UPR LCAs with Eibach springs and it's great!
This is gonna happen. I already have the CAI and tuner. The look and price of the 19x9.5 SVE wheels can't be beat. I should be able to sell the stock painted aluminum 19" wheels with the brand new tires. Springs, LCA's, axle back and I should be on budget

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, 3.73's,
Hotchkis springs, 18x9.5,18x11 Forgestar CF5's, Lethal o/r H-Pipe, JLT CAI, BBR tune, Hotchkis panhard, UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR LCA's, MGW, GT500 strut mounts, KYB struts, GT500 ab's, Steeda motor mounts, NX plate

2003 Mach 1-R.I.P
2003 Mach 1-Procharged*SOLD*

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnuts23 View Post
This is gonna happen. I already have the CAI and tuner. The look and price of the 19x9.5 SVE wheels can't be beat. I should be able to sell the stock painted aluminum 19" wheels with the brand new tires. Springs, LCA's, axle back and I should be on budget
I'll set you up with UPR's AFM discount code when the time comes, if you'd like.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This is a lot of useful info ! Thanks everyone! I am planning on doing some of these. Now I just have to pull the trigger and commit to finding the right combos. I want he best of both worlds for cosmetics and performance. I have a $5000 budget. Now I have to decide what to do. Most of all I have looked at doesn't seem to be specifically for the 2013, any ideas. Plus then I have to find a shop in Tampa. I am very new to this, and it is very exciting!:kooky:
post #51 of 51 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I know what you mean. With my other mustangs, I was stuck spending money fixing the previous owners hack jobs. I'm done with deployment in 10 days and I have a brand new car waiting for me.
I've got the JLT CAI w/ tuner waiting to go in, and a set of Hotchkis lowering springs about to ship. I haven't decided on exhaust yet. Probably going with the JBA axle back and letting my local shop bend up the rest for me. I'm going to see if I can get away with just relocation brackets to cure the wheel hop issues these cars a known to have.
It's going to be nice knowing exactly what is being done to my car and knowing that it was done right

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, 3.73's,
Hotchkis springs, 18x9.5,18x11 Forgestar CF5's, Lethal o/r H-Pipe, JLT CAI, BBR tune, Hotchkis panhard, UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR LCA's, MGW, GT500 strut mounts, KYB struts, GT500 ab's, Steeda motor mounts, NX plate

2003 Mach 1-R.I.P
2003 Mach 1-Procharged*SOLD*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page