Ford Corporate + MT82 - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
This happens shifting INTO 2nd? If so, that sounds like the normal operation of the skip-shift "feature" to me.

(I mention this on the off-chance that you're one of the few owners who are not aware of skip-shift ... are you?)
Skip shift I am fully aware of and make note of when it pops up on the info center. The thing with skip shift though is that you can override it by continuing to pull it into gear (I have done this every time skip shift tries to activate). Not only that, but when I am being locked out it never flashed the message.

Just dealing with it at the moment...will have the dealership look at it during inspection coming up...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgt View Post
Best of luck. I just don't understand the "that is normal." mantra.
I'm convinced the "it's normal" is one part ignorance and the other part Ford getting hosed on labor reimbursement. The MT82 isn't like a fiesta transmission where the techs have experience tearing them down each week. Low numbers equal less experience but they are still only paid for a certain number of hours. I bet the dealer would much rather replace them then tear them down.

LEMONED MT82: 2013 Mustang GT Premium, Sterling Gray, Brembo
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

5LHO your initial post has the best advice for ANY problem solving. Being cool an persistent is on the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Don't clump everyone with that. My service advisor only had to move my car 30 feet forward in the service lane to confirm the whine in my trans. It was in the shop immediately and when finding the worn parts were on backorder they ordered a complete new transmission.
You sir must have a dealer & service advisor that others only wish they had.CONGRATS ON THAT!

I don't have any whine at all & hope it stays that way 6,800 miles.Lets just admit that this isn't the first time we've heard a forum member say the dealer says IT"S NORMAL.Then after being told this many have had repairs or replacements completed.

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Let me be clear hear, at the end of last week the dealer/service advisor's view was to send me on my way, tough noogies. It was my quiet persistence and reasoned arguments that won me an ally higher up in the organization that moved the process along. It could have ended very differently and, it ain't over yet. I've made multiple trips 100 ks each way to address this at various stages. Just don't let go if you feel you're right and don't be a **** about it.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Let me be clear hear, at the end of last week the dealer/service advisor's view was to send me on my way, tough noogies. It was my quiet persistence and reasoned arguments that won me an ally higher up in the organization that moved the process along. It could have ended very differently and, it ain't over yet. I've made multiple trips 100 ks each way to address this at various stages. Just don't let go if you feel you're right and don't be a **** about it.
Good luck, hope your persistence pays off...it's not normal.

post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Car is in this morning for trans disassembly and hopefully simple repair. updates will follow.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
MACH I Member

Quote:
Car is in this morning for trans disassembly and hopefully simple repair. updates will follow.
Hope all goes well.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Rookie

Should be interesting to see what manual they use in the 2015.

LEMONED MT82: 2013 Mustang GT Premium, Sterling Gray, Brembo
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Ford called today, here's the parts list for the rebuild:
Transmission ext housing
Input shaft
Input shaft bearings
5th gear
Countershaft bearings
Output shaft bearings
Support plate
Various other bearings and seals

Pretty much 2/3rds of the major moving parts in the trans and itís pretty strong evidence my argument for failed bearings is indeed the issue, as they arenít replacing any gears except 5th, (which I didnít really have any issues with) and the extension housing is chewed up.
ZOMG

MACH I Member

Did you/have you seen it torn down? I'd be interested in seeing it. You pretty much called it though.

I hope all goes well and she's back on the road soon.

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

No, haven't seen it, the dealer is pretty far out for a drop in....looks like I'll be driving around in the Escape service loaner for a while...

Since the dealer principal and I got Ford to agree to take the trans apart
for inspection and they discovered a host of self-destructed parts, the car
is still in the shop, has been for 4 days short of a month now as they
gather parts for the rebuild.

When I gor a message from the service advisor last week that the final part
was 2 weeks + away still, I called the dealer principal and asked for some
advocacy help. I got a call back later that day, that the last part had been
packaged up and was 3-5 days away now.

So, if all goes according to plan...which I don't necessarily expect it
will, I should have the car end of next week sometime.

Last edited by Snackmaster; 06-26-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: merged back to back posts
MACH I Member

Quote:
Since the dealer principal and I got Ford to agree to take the trans apart
for inspection and they discovered a host of self-destructed parts, the car
is still in the shop, has been for 4 days short of a month now as they
gather parts for the rebuild.

When I gor a message from the service advisor last week that the final part
was 2 weeks + away still, I called the dealer principal and asked for some
advocacy help. I got a call back later that day, that the last part had been
packaged up and was 3-5 days away now.

So, if all goes according to plan...which I don't necessarily expect it
will, I should have the car end of next week sometime.
That sucks you've had to wait this long. I'm glad it's getting fixed, but waiting for it is frustrating. Hang in there bud...I sincerely hope all goes well and you'll get her back very soon (fixed naturally).

PONY Member

Quote:
Ford called today, here's the parts list for the rebuild:
Transmission ext housing
Input shaft
Input shaft bearings
5th gear
Countershaft bearings
Output shaft bearings
Support plate
Various other bearings and seals

Pretty much 2/3rds of the major moving parts in the trans and it’s pretty strong evidence my argument for failed bearings is indeed the issue, as they aren’t replacing any gears except 5th, (which I didn’t really have any issues with) and the extension housing is chewed up.
ZOMG
Nice work staying cool and getting ford to finally fix you car, just sucks you had to go through all that to get fixed what you already paid for as new.

I believe the reason mustang owners have to go through so much crap in order to get something fixed that is a KNOWN issue is because of all the discruntled ford employee/fan boys spreading misinformation. They are just prolonging the inevitable instead of trying to get this fixed for everyone involved once and for all.

I really hope this works out for you

Last edited by Snackmaster; 06-26-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: quoted text
GT Member

I would have made them buy me one of these:

PRODUCT NEWS: Say Hello to the Bad Guy--TREMEC's New Magnum XL is Here! - Tremec Forums

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page