Ford Corporate + MT82 - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

To the OP, good for you, and good advice. Getting beligerent and in your face rarely gets results as you have learned first hand. Maybe it took awhile to get the end result you wanted, but you got there, and that's all that counts.

All cars and all dealers are not created equally. Some you can build a long-term relationship with, but unfortunately some you have to learn about the hard way. Glad yours was the former and not the latter.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTfiveo View Post
Too bad these trannys are such a point of distress. The sad part is all the people that say it's driver error, beating on the car, or lack of experience will undoubtedly have issues down the road. I never bashed anyone for complaining but in the back of my mind thought maybe it was the driver and/ or I must have a good one. Sure enough here comes the whine and it's getting worse every day. I htick had stick shifts all my life and always got 100k plus before having any issue. That includes high performance cars, compacts, and trucks. you can be pro Ford and think everyone's nuts... But one day you will have the windows up and stereo down and say to yourself "what the hell"? I will use it until it goes and entually put the tremac in. Who knows... Maybe it will still go a long time... But it seems to be getting stiffer and 1 -2 is nibbling more and more. I had the new fluid put in and the tried red line...but to no avail. Good luck to all
Well you may not believe it can be the owner but from my point of view I've seen it before. Owner jumps up and down this truck a pile of crap nothing but problems amazing the next guy who buy has trouble free truck go figure. Or the truck who they switch drivers in problems go away seen this many time too.

GT Member

Some folks have allow their self worth to be so wrapped up in their car, they just can't stand it when there might be problems. So, they feel compelled to blame the owners so that their babies (the cars) stay perfect in their eyes.

When you complain, you really screw with their delicate sensibilities.

Grimace427

Yet another thread has been poached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post
Some folks have allow their self worth to be so wrapped up in their car, they just can't stand it when there might be problems. So, they feel compelled to blame the owners so that their babies (the cars) stay perfect in their eyes.

When you complain, you really screw with their delicate sensibilities.
There is a flip side to this argument. Those with problems spend equal amount of time and energy trying to make it seem like their problem is everyone's problem. It's not enough that they are having rough shifting, trans whine, engine ticks, or bubbling paint, but it must be that the entire thing is flawed and each and every model with a Mustang badge must share the same flaw.

This is what leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I have had issues myself, but instead of plauging the forums with sorrow and seeking pity I got my issues fixed.

I try to help those with issues, but it only works so well until some start to ignore the help and just want to cry about it. It bothers me only because I care about my fellow Mustanger(even those I disagree with) and want everyone to be out enjoying their cars.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Yet another thread has been poached.

There is a flip side to this argument. Those with problems spend equal amount of time and energy trying to make it seem like their problem is everyone's problem. It's not enough that they are having rough shifting, trans whine, engine ticks, or bubbling paint, but it must be that the entire thing is flawed and each and every model with a Mustang badge must share the same flaw.

This is what leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I have had issues myself, but instead of plauging the forums with sorrow and seeking pity I got my issues fixed.

I try to help those with issues, but it only works so well until some start to ignore the help and just want to cry about it. It bothers me only because I care about my fellow Mustanger(even those I disagree with) and want everyone to be out enjoying their cars.
I can understand that view, Grimace. It can be frustrating when someone has a problem and makes a comment implying that all Mustangs have the same flaw. It is equally annoying when they ignore your advice.

However, it is my observation that it happens more so on the flip side: Someone complains about something, and another person says that it's not a problem and/or it's the driver's fault . . . as if he/she has driven that car! Until you've driven the car and experienced the EXACT problem that driver has, it is the epitome of arrogance to tell him he is wrong to be concerned.

Alas, my tranny is fine, so I don't have a dog in the fight.
PONY Member
S197 Member

^
I wonder why you just can't accept the fact that there are bad Mustangs out there.

2013 Black GT/CS. Electronics pkg. Comfort, 3.73. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna. JLT Oil Separator. 20% rear 50% front tint. Clearbra. Flip Down License Plate Holder.
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post
I can understand that view, Grimace. It can be frustrating when someone has a problem and makes a comment implying that all Mustangs have the same flaw. It is equally annoying when they ignore your advice.

However, it is my observation that it happens more so on the flip side: Someone complains about something, and another person says that it's not a problem and/or it's the driver's fault . . . as if he/she has driven that car! Until you've driven the car and experienced the EXACT problem that driver has, it is the epitome of arrogance to tell him he is wrong to be concerned.

Alas, my tranny is fine, so I don't have a dog in the fight.
There are a select few who give your thought a lot of merit, which is very unfortunate. Whatever those few say and to whomever they say it, it has become tiresome and I agree the frustration for those with issues gets exacerbated.

I guess I am just tired of the broken records.
post #53 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Car is back and all is well. Car shifts normally, makes only expected MT noises, no issue. Ford fixed it. The dealer billed Ford for about 20 hours of shop time for this one.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
J Orbit

Hey Grim, you seem to take offense that people "aren't taking your advice" but while the effort is appreciated your advice does exactly jack-all for our warranty situations and how FMC is handling this.

I could try different brackets, fluids or even swap the tranny for a more robust model...It's not as if I don't know how to rectify this problem, it's that I shouldn't have to jump through hoops at my expense. It's not that people are ignoring your advice and are just here to complain but we're limited by what FMC will let us do.

So I got my car back yesterday, they're saying that the Ford Hotline is now stating that all MT82s whine. They tested 2 cars on the lot and one was silent and the other was "10 times louder than yours but the customer never complained about it..." so they've determined that it's normal op condition. Am I surprised? Not one bit.
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
Hey Grim, you seem to take offense that people "aren't taking your advice" but while the effort is appreciated your advice does exactly jack-all for our warranty situations and how FMC is handling this.

I could try different brackets, fluids or even swap the tranny for a more robust model...It's not as if I don't know how to rectify this problem, it's that I shouldn't have to jump through hoops at my expense. It's not that people are ignoring your advice and are just here to complain but we're limited by what FMC will let us do.

So I got my car back yesterday, they're saying that the Ford Hotline is now stating that all MT82s whine. They tested 2 cars on the lot and one was silent and the other was "10 times louder than yours but the customer never complained about it..." so they've determined that it's normal op condition. Am I surprised? Not one bit.

FoMoCo never got involved in my case. My trans whined, dealer confirmed(pretty easy, Hellen Keller could hear it), dealer tore it apart and found worn bearings, dealer replaced the trans. Now I have zero noise. I can't say much more than that. What I can say is someone over the internet sure as hell can't fix your issues. If my advice won't cut it then what will?
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Car is back and all is well. Car shifts normally, makes only expected MT noises, no issue. Ford fixed it. The dealer billed Ford for about 20 hours of shop time for this one.
Great! I'm certainly happy for you. I hope you have many trouble free miles with your car and enjoy driving again.

I'm also really glad to hear there is at least one guy who got warranty work done and issues resolved. Oh wait--MOST of the time this is exactly what happens.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #57 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Yeah, you have to be patient and persistent but, that paid off in this case. Not having the car for month sucked but, it was raining and I had the loaner escape so, meh, life's full of little obstacles.

I gave the service writer a little card and a Starbucks card for all the inevitable ******** in this that I didn't see. We had our ups and downs but I wanted her to know I didn't take it personally and that I recongnised the work she'd done.

Ultimately, I will ask Ford Credit, through the dealer, to wainve one payment for the loss of use. We'll see what they say. For now, I'm just happy to see the sun and my car back.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Yeah, you have to be patient and persistent but, that paid off in this case. Not having the car for month sucked but, it was raining and I had the loaner escape so, meh, life's full of little obstacles.

I gave the service writer a little card and a Starbucks card for all the inevitable ******** in this that I didn't see. We had our ups and downs but I wanted her to know I didn't take it personally and that I recongnised the work she'd done.

Ultimately, I will ask Ford Credit, through the dealer, to wainve one payment for the loss of use. We'll see what they say. For now, I'm just happy to see the sun and my car back.
Awesome idea with the Starbucks card IMO. I hope it goes in your favor for the payment. Let us know what happens.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #59 of 70 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Yeah, I'm big on the little gifts. When I had to have a front wheel replaced because the paint peeled off I put a 12 pack of good stuff in the trunk and told the the mechanic to not use any air tools on the lug nuts. This kind of stuff goes a long way towards being a satisfied customer.

2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Stang View Post
I would like to drive it if I was in Maryland! I agree though the torque rating I believe on the MT is less then what our car puts out stock.

It should have been a V6 Tranny with the Tremec being for GT and above.
I hear it was to keep the price of the Mustangs down.

I would have paid the same price for a manual transmission as what the autos cost if they had a Tremec in them! I bought an auto Mustang because no way I was going to touch an MT82. I'm sure a lot of others on here would gladly paid an extra $1200 for a Mustang equipped with a Tremec that has less issues and also higher torque rating.

Heck Dodge charged more for a manual transmission in the Challengers than an auto!

If Ford had the Tremec or something of quality I would gladly have paid a little more to get one with 3:73s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page