Ford Corporate + MT82 - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
I sometimes think you work for ford.

It will be funny when you fanboys have a catastrophic failure with your MT82s like Jmatero and get denied warranty work.

But he's not telling the whole story on why. If I had to deal with him I would send him down the road to someone else then warn all the other dealerships in the area :p.

Yep our 6MT are so bad because the internet says so. Amazing it's only a few I didn't see any FANBOYS follow J to his site so much for supporting him mmmm problem not as big as others try to say. Wow Tremecs are having there issues too but so does any other manfacture out there who put manuals in there vehicles. Even autos have problems stop acting like ours cars are perfect bacause no one can produce one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
But he's not telling the whole story on why. If I had to deal with him I would send him down the road to someone else then warn all the other dealerships in the area :p.

Yep our 6MT are so bad because the internet says so. Amazing it's only a few I didn't see any FANBOYS follow J to his site so much for supporting him mmmm problem not as big as others try to say. Wow Tremecs are having there issues too but so does any other manfacture out there who put manuals in there vehicles. Even autos have problems stop acting like ours cars are perfect bacause no one can produce one.

I test drove a 2011 camaro SS after I bought my GT, had clutch all the way down went to shift into 1st.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRIND.. TWO times!

2012 Black GT Premium MT-82 3.73's Brembo's Roush Axle back and intake (MGW shifter awaiting install )
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

By all that's holy, I just tried to pass on the information of my experience with getting a manual trans warranty claim dealt with by Ford, both dealer and corporate.

Anybody who tries to help get bollocked on this BBS. Please, someone with power and not just the frustration I have with windbags and keyboard cagematchers, lock this thread.

2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto tune, 100 shot on BBR tune, best et: 11.38 at 120.85

2012 GT, Candy Red, Brembo, 3.73, Tech, Comfort, etc. Procal tune, Roush upper, UMI LCAs, Steeda red bracket, GT500s, 28X10X16 Hoosier slicks, best et: 11.91 at 115.23 RIP

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
By all that's holy, I just tried to pass on the information of my experience with getting a manual trans warranty claim dealt with by Ford, both dealer and corporate.

Anybody who tries to help get bollocked on this BBS. Please, someone with power and not just the frustration I have with windbags and keyboard cagematchers, lock this thread.
It's not your fault. There are a few on this forum(this entire page being an example) that have their stubborn opinions that no amount of fact or reasoning will sway. They are the ones who will suffer the most though they try to get others to share in their agonizing egos.

It sounded like things were doing better for you so congrats!
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Agreed.

Everyone needs to hear about the guys with problems who got it fixed as they should also hear about the guys with no problems and the guys who have issues that aren't fixed.

No shame in any of that (despite the fanbois who like to insist so).

Having said that, i would have given a my left nut to have ONLY had gear whine. And i always thought i took the "high road" by unloading the thing rather than getting into a bickering battle with Ford (although i was accused of being a troll for having the "nerve" to have take that "high road" and then voice my aggrivation with the over all situation----oh for shame, how could i have)...lol

Having said that, i wont be owning another Ford again unless its an SHO (huge maybe-but i did love the Air cond seats ((new favorite feature...lol)) I rented one for a week on the job two weeks ago) or one of the new 2013 Shelbys. (only if i was driving along and saw one at a dealership for an unadvertised cheaper than usual price ((yes...that DOES happen some times-IM always on the look out)).

I also really liked the Challenger 392 I drove a month ago. It was smooth and i like the idea of 487hp (or what ever it was) NATURALLY aspirated. But Dodge??? Take all of my complaints about the MT82 and multiply that by 4x and you'll start to get an idea of what POS Dodges usually puts out.

Now that the winter has passed, it definately appears that the people with major issues were in a huge minority and the prevalence of the issue was over blown (although its also painfully obvious that many people DO have legitimate problems and a few always seem to find their way here)....

....but. Ford dealerships didn't stand behind their products for many customers and that...to me is UNFORGIVABLE. I work hard for my money and i wont be spending it with a company that has dealers not standing behind its product.

As luck would have it...Nissan has been amazing with my several Nissan models (I love cars and tend to buy more cars a year then the average dude buys shoes a year), and as i get older having an automobile company (or local dealerships) who stand by their products means about 10x more to me then having the absolute fastest or specked out model. No i am not in "honda accord" mode yet, but i would buy a Maxima with Air cond seats and dual moon roofs to park next to my Titan SL faster then i would buy any Ford made product.

YMMV-many people say they have issues with Coopers, but mine is flawless, so i totally get the guys who have good working Mustangs out there scratching their heads and asking what all the fuss is about. And i won't stoop to the fanboi level by slamming them for saying so. (the way they seem to with the guys for stating they have problems).

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post

And we thank you for sharing. It was deleted in a cleanup, but I posted that your post about the fix being completed was the best post in the thread! I know I personally wish the best for you and your car, and everyone else's for that matter. God Bless.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

GT Member

2006 is one of the 5 users over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Bryce, I (and I think most) believe your number of just five people with problems might be somewhat low.....and may I ask why you just constantly slam people with problems?

Allentown, I didn't look at the Mini because of the purported problems / cost of BMW parts glad you like it they are a hoot to drive!

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Waresostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Bryce, I (and I think most) believe your number of just five people with problems might be somewhat low.....and may I ask why you just constantly slam people with problems?

Allentown, I didn't look at the Mini because of the purported problems / cost of BMW parts glad you like it they are a hoot to drive!

Bryce is not slamming everyone that has problems. The people that he slammed are KNOWN trolls. Just look at the history of 2006GTfans' post. He is a mt82 troll. He doesn't own a mt82 Mustang and trash it every chance he got. Bryce is actually nice to everyone else.

Did you notice how many of 2006GTfan's posts are delete from just this thread????
Snackmaster

Thread locked. I'm sad to see that people just can realize that some have issues and some don't... simple as that... not brain surgery.

There is good info here but I don't see anything else useful coming out of future posts. Thanks to all who played nice. Maybe we can have some members learn from the info in this thread.

Guys we all love our cars here - let's direct that passion to some other topic now.

To those that are going to complain that the thread is locked - I'm not censoring here or stifling anyone's voice... just letting this be what it is.

Cheers all...

Snack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page