My 2012 Cylinder 8 misfire and low compression... - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJAG View Post
I smell a cover up ?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Kona Blue 2012 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, AED Tuned, Corbeau CR1 seats with Harness, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs, Strano F/R adjustable sway bars, BMR LCA & PHB, Lethal O/R H, GT500 Axelbacks, Boss Pod w/ Prosport Gauges, Boss/CS F&R facsia'a, Goodridge SS lines, Boss Brake cooling ducts, Boss splitter, Roush side splitters, Saleen Grill. Mustang Dyno 379 HP & 371 TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Says OP was banned.......... What's going on here.
Whoa... Interesting indeed. I was banned from the mustang source and somewhere else when I started posting about my failing trannies. Never once made up a lie, and was never notified why I was banned.

I've written both sites multiple times, but no one will reply to any emails.

Moments like these get me thinking something fishy goes on behind these boards.

:smoke:

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Interesting enough, I was able to PM the OP(through the website on a regular browser), and nothing on his profile indicates anything at all..... Not even a recent visit from a MOD????

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsumurai View Post
That totally sucks sh*t. I feel for you man. We need to find out what the commonalities are with this number 8 problem I am afraid to modify my car for the first time in my life. Why doesn't Ford jump in here and help us try to figure this out. And I am not talking about a customer service rep assigned to these forums. I don't think Ford knows the root cause of these problems since they haven't corrected it in three model years. It can't be just the tunes, too many of us are running them with no ill effects. Come on Ford jump in here.
Ford did JUMP in TSB 11-7-7 it is even explained with pictures can"t be much clearer than that.You tune you take the risk of the OP and pay as sad as it is.
Rookie

That really sux, makes me nervous, im about to install a boss intake with steeda cai and tune on my 13 gt...
post #36 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ4NFO View Post
Were you running the Lund tune with the lope?
No, bought that one when I got all my stuff, had it on for a day or 2, but the drivability was real bad while moving around slow and trying to pull in my garage since my driveway is sloped. Ran the 93 street ever since. It did sound pretty nice though.

2008 Mustang GT (SOLD)

2012 Black on Black Mustang GT Premium, MT82, 3.73, HID's, rear view camera, Brembo, Steeda, Lethal Performance, Flowmaster, SCT, Ford Racing Parts, Manley, ARP, Boss302, Mickey Thompson, Racestar Industries, BMR, M&H Racemaster, Pirelli, Energy Suspension, Stifflers, The DriveShaft Shop, Auto Meter, SOS, Raptor Performance, CFM.
post #37 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYeti View Post
sorry to hear about the issue. Did you do any datalogging after installing the tune? Did you monitor your cars oil to see if it was consuming oil prior to #8 misfiring? Not implying its your fault at all....just trying to get a basis on all possible factors....

Yeah, since you have to replace the engine, see if you can just get an aluminator..
Yes, I did datalog with tune installed. Yes, it did use oil since the day I bought it. Always kept it topped off in the center of dipstick area with Motorcraft 5w-20 synthetic blend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona stang10 View Post
call Mr. lund see what he says!!!!
We talked to Jon about his opinion on what to do, not to accuse him. He mentioned that if the cyl. walls are scratched, then the block is unusable. We discussed Ford Racing Long Blocks as well.

2008 Mustang GT (SOLD)

2012 Black on Black Mustang GT Premium, MT82, 3.73, HID's, rear view camera, Brembo, Steeda, Lethal Performance, Flowmaster, SCT, Ford Racing Parts, Manley, ARP, Boss302, Mickey Thompson, Racestar Industries, BMR, M&H Racemaster, Pirelli, Energy Suspension, Stifflers, The DriveShaft Shop, Auto Meter, SOS, Raptor Performance, CFM.

Last edited by Snackmaster; 05-30-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: merged back to back posts
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked400ex View Post
We talked to Jon about his opinion on what to do, not to accuse him. He mentioned that if the cyl. walls are scratched, then the block is unusable. We discussed Ford Racing Long Blocks as well.
why not put a 94mm sleeve in? problem solved and its now a 5.1L. i would not waste the opportunity how ever much it sucks to get the motor out and not improve it.
post #39 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggin92 View Post
Just a quick search shows the OP's car was an oil drinker before any modifications. Tuner isn't at fault.
There is a TSB I believe about oil consumption, Ford states these engines should be allowed 10,000 miles before the normal 1qt/3000mi. oil drinking limit during normal driving conditions.

Quote:
That totally sucks sh*t. I feel for you man. We need to find out what the commonalities are with this number 8 problem I am afraid to modify my car for the first time in my life. Why doesn't Ford jump in here and help us try to figure this out. And I am not talking about a customer service rep assigned to these forums. I don't think Ford knows the root cause of these problems since they haven't corrected it in three model years. It can't be just the tunes, too many of us are running them with no ill effects. Come on Ford jump in here.
As much research and design that went into these engines, I'm kind of curious to the piston change in the '13's after only 2 years in the '11 and '12's

2008 Mustang GT (SOLD)

Last edited by Snackmaster; 05-30-2012 at 09:49 AM. Reason: merged back to back posts
Banned

Send a message via AIM to sterlinggrayGT
Quote:

so ford should pay for u modding the car and messing it up? not sure how that makes sense.
post #41 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
How did they know it was tuned? Did u tell them? Did u flash back to stock and put stock intake back in before bringing it in? Did u disconnect battery after all of that and drive >50miles? After 50 miles the stock computer would only have logs of timing advance/retard showing stock adjustments. The check sum counter can be explained away as well. Pm me with any questions. Good luck.
Returned it back to stock, removed all my stuff as I wanted to now sell the parts and drove it about 135 miles prior to taking it in. Never had a check engine light till after it was back to stock and put about 53 miles on it. It was just smoking on decel and that's why I wanted to make a service appointment.

2008 Mustang GT (SOLD)

GT Member

Quote:
Question is, what to do now? Ford has voided my engine warranty. Car runs and drives with a misfire and oil burning mainly when cold. Ford had them check cyl. 8 for compression, result was 40psi. Then Ford had them look with a bore scope, they said piston ring broken. Dealer quoted $8100 for engine replacement based on Ford's response. I can't afford that anytime soon. My main reason for posting is from after reading about this happening to other people who either won't tell the truth About what was on their car or disappear from the forums. I want to be honest to all of you so this hopefully won't happen to you. I am not going to speak negatively about any company or person either. Hopefully we can all come together on exactly why this is happening and prevent any more Mustang owners from going through what I am currently.
First,8100 for an engine replacement,so they can take your engine,put 500 bucks worth of parts in it and sell it to someone else is bordering on a scam. Take it to a good shop that can rebuild the engine if you dont have the skills to do it yourself. Chances are,you just need a new set of pistons and most of the cost will be due to labor. You might actually just need rings.
Whatever you do,do NOT drive it.

Mostly,this happens from people tuning their cars. If they voided your warranty,they probably found evidence of that. If they did not and just said that damage is ALLWAYS caused by a tune,thats BS. Its USUALLY caused by a tune. If it happened in any other cylinder you would not neccessarily assume that.

Of course,it DOES happen on rare occasions in any cylinder,usually caused by a bad sensor or injector or some such. SOMETHING made it happen.

The long and the short of it is,you should be able to get it fixed for less than that,and your warranty should STILL be restored if its done right,no matter who fixes it.

Sometimes, I see cops with their backs turned writing tickets. When I drive by I can see them stick their heads up,and sniff the air,catching a whiff of exhaust and burning rubber,the crimson smell of speed,telling them a Race Red Mustang is somewhere nearby!

2012 Race Red GT, Kenwood Navigation system with Metra dash kit,GT500 steering wheel,Steering wheel buttons INCLUDING BT enabled,Takeoff leather seats with seat heaters.
post #43 of 255 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
From where and why am I supposedly banned? I am unaware of being banned from anywhere.

2008 Mustang GT (SOLD)

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
One piston with ring damage is an 8100$ replacement????? Interesting... Bet you wish you could trade back for your 08.....
Thats for the engine. Ford wont repair an engine,just replace it. Im fine with that if the problem is a warranty issue. If its not warranty,then yea,Im going to fix it myself for vastly less,and upgrade while Im at it.

Sometimes, I see cops with their backs turned writing tickets. When I drive by I can see them stick their heads up,and sniff the air,catching a whiff of exhaust and burning rubber,the crimson smell of speed,telling them a Race Red Mustang is somewhere nearby!

2012 Race Red GT, Kenwood Navigation system with Metra dash kit,GT500 steering wheel,Steering wheel buttons INCLUDING BT enabled,Takeoff leather seats with seat heaters.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
From where and why am I supposedly banned? I am unaware of being banned from anywhere.
I can't explain the screenshot SirJag posted, but one thing is certain: you're not banned. If you were banned, you wouldn't be able to post.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page