Looking for feed back on Brembo50.com. 55Dspring kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Looking for feed back on Brembo50.com. 55Dspring kit

My other thread got the 55D spring kit response , now I'd like to here a little more feed back from anyone familiar with them.

[b]2017 Mustang GT Premium, convertible, Oxford white, Black cloth top, black leather, Automatic, black out option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I have them on my 2011 GT Premium Non Brembo Mustang. They lowered the rear 3/4" which leveled the car up. I've had them on for several thousand miles. No issues at all. More than pleased with the product.

Was the right choice for me as I didn't want to lower front and just wanted to level car out.

2011 GT, Blaze Yellow, 3.55's, 19" SVE Drift Wheels, Premium, 55D Springs, J&M Pan Hard Bar, Comfort Group, Security Package, JLT Oil Separator, GT 500 Axle Back, Eleanor Grill, Barefoot Gas Pedal
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADR LUV View Post
I have them on my 2011 GT Premium Non Brembo Mustang. They lowered the rear 3/4" which leveled the car up. I've had them on for several thousand miles. No issues at all. More than pleased with the product.

Was the right choice for me as I didn't want to lower front and just wanted to level car out.
I agree with this. 100% . If you want to track your car then maybe a different setup might work better. This was the best setup for me and the ride stayed the same. Note mine is Brembo ride.

2011 Red Candy /build 2/1/11/ 401A
MT with Redline MTL/ Brembos/355's/glass roof
Shaker 1000/Scoops/Clear bra/Steeda UCA and PH bar
Redline hood lifts/Bilsteins with Ford Racing P springs & axle bks
UPR catch can/whiteline kdt928/MGW shifter with Epco ball
Shaftmasters DS/BMR loop & relocation brackets
Nitto 555 G2's/Steeda jack rails

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
Apprentice

Sounds like I may be getting a set of these!!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2012 sterling gray GT premium. Navi, hid, brembo pkg, comfort pkg, back up sensors
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the input, think I'll give them a try. Worse come to worse I can put the stockers back in.
Thanks again

[b]2017 Mustang GT Premium, convertible, Oxford white, Black cloth top, black leather, Automatic, black out option.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
PONY Member

I have had them in my car for a good 17,000 miles. They leveled the ride, took 20 minutes to install and have been great. I do drag my car and they have worked pretty well there too.

Mike

2012 Mustang GT M6, tuned by AED. 11.79 @ 116.26 with 3.31 gears.

<------------ Click Under New Orleans for my YouTube videos. Tons of exhaust and drag racing vids with my 2012 GT.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Any tips on how to install that quickly?

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain505 View Post
Any tips on how to install that quickly?
There really was not that much to do. I removed the upper sway bar mounts and was able to lower to sway bar out of the way. I then unbolted the lower shock bolt and pulled out the spring. I did each side individually. Put the car on jack stands so the rear can swing freely, use a jack to lower and raise the rear. It is literally 4 bolts. I think it took longer to get the car up on the stands than it did to change the springs.

Mike

2012 Mustang GT M6, tuned by AED. 11.79 @ 116.26 with 3.31 gears.

<------------ Click Under New Orleans for my YouTube videos. Tons of exhaust and drag racing vids with my 2012 GT.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Good info. I think these are exactly what I am looking for so I ended up placing an order.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I just ordered a pair for my '13 with the wheel spacers.

2011 Premium Red Candy Mustang GT ( Delivered 5/24/10 )
Apprentice

I am running the 55D spring along with a Set of Koni SRT.T shock and struts. I think this makes a great dose every thing good car . From DD to canyon fun car (brembo GT) just a nice working car over all.

300A GT 6sp MT/brembos/3.73/55D springs /Koni STR.T strut & shocks/SVT 2007-10 GT500 strut bearings/torsion T-2R Diff./bullitt steering wheel
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Got mine installed and adjusted my LCA relo-bracket to the 2nd hole and all I can say is WOW.

I may have had the bar set kind of low cause I really was not expecting to notice much of anything so I do have to say I am very pleasantly surprised. With that said my wow factor maybe more attributed to relocating my LCA but certainly the combination of the two was pretty darn impressive to me. The car is delivering the power to the ground much more effectively making these minor suspension mods feel like I made a performance mod.

Best Part is the ride quality stayed the same and absolutely no NVH.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
PONY Member

Mine should arrive this week. Need to get that rear end down..

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
PONY Member

Mine should arrive this week. Need to get that rear end down..

'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel / Alcantara shift and brake boots / 10" matte black racing stripes / Rocker stripes
GT Member

Went to Brembo50.com reading spec section. Brembo cars don't have GT500 rear lower control arms there the same as other GT's. I put GT500 lower arms on they do have Higher Durometer Rubber than stock arms. Poeple cannot 100% go by part numbers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page