"OFFICIAL" How to Paint Your Coil Covers Thread. - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Update...just started doing a few sets with the bars being different colors from the lettering. They came out nice, and I plan to get some pics up pretty soon. I also found out from Roush that these will also fit the 2014 coming out, and they fit the current F150 Models.
RC

2011 GT/CS Auto-Security Package, HID, Remote Start.

STEEDA: LCA/Upper 3rd Link, Adj Rear Sway bar, Spyder 20" Rims 11"/9.5", Hood Struts.

VMP S/C w/82mm Pulley, JLT CF Intake, Vortech Max Flow BAP, AFCO Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, FMS 3.31 Gears, Kooks 1-7/8 LTs, Kooks Off Road H-Pipe, GT500 AB's, Baer Big Brake Kit with 14" Rotors, Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Scan Gauge w/Speed of Sound A-Pillar.

Roush Front Bumper, Saleen Front Grille, Custom Radiator Cover/Coil Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Just finished a set of Deep Impact Blue with white letters:

STEEDA: LCA/Upper 3rd Link, Adj Rear Sway bar, Spyder 20" Rims 11"/9.5", Hood Struts.

VMP S/C w/82mm Pulley, JLT CF Intake, Vortech Max Flow BAP, AFCO Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, FMS 3.31 Gears, Kooks 1-7/8 LTs, Kooks Off Road H-Pipe, GT500 AB's, Baer Big Brake Kit with 14" Rotors, Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Scan Gauge w/Speed of Sound A-Pillar.

post #48 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harthi View Post
Beautiful, I'm interested in Performance White with Red lettering. I live in KY, how much will these cost?
PM sent.
Here they are with Black letters for an idea:

RC

PONY Member

Just wanted to say thanks. Here's mine installed:

post #50 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT2013 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks. Here's mine installed:

Nice..The HP White with black letters looks really nice.
RC

PONY Member

Seems like i want these asap

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 5.0 6Spd Roush Stage 3 Supercharged
593WHP/570RWTQ
Eibach Lowering Kit/ BBK LCA and LCA Relocation Bracket/UPR Adjustable Panhard Bar/UPR Adjustable UCA/Barton Shifter Bracket / BBK LT headers & O/R X-pipe/Manley pistons and H beam rods/Driveshop Driveshaft
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I came home today and the covers were waiting for me. They were just perfect! I installed them right away and what a difference do they make on the engine compartment. Here are a few photos.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]"OFFICIAL" How to Paint Your Coil Covers Thread.-2013-06-27-17.46.43.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-27 17.46.40.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	588.2 KB
ID:	240385   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-27 17.47.30.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	682.2 KB
ID:	240393   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-27 17.47.15.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	498.2 KB
ID:	240401   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-27 17.47.03.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	559.0 KB
ID:	240409  

2011 MUSTANG,CALIFORNIA SPECIAL EDITION, PERFORMANCE WHITE, SECURITY PACKAGE, HID LIGHTS, REMOTE START. HOOD SPEAR STRIPES (5.0), WINDOWS LOUVERS, REDLINEHOOD LIFT, HUSHPOWER AXLE BACK, BBK CAI
post #53 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPIMUSTANG View Post
I came home today and the covers were waiting for me. They were just perfect! I installed them right away and what a difference do they make on the engine compartment. Here are a few photos.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 240417[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
THat's awesome.. I must admit that the white with black lettering turns out as one of the best because the buffing does not have to be "perfect" for the white to look good. Im glad you like them!!

RC

post #54 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

I bought a new $300 IWATA HVLP spray gun. This thing is awesome, and the clear coat comes out like GLASS now
RC

post #55 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Just finished 3 sets..the
"PATRIOTIC" Set

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94GTLaserRC View Post
Just finished 3 sets..the
"PATRIOTIC" Set
Nice!
You do such great work. I'm starting to think that I need to buy a new set of covers to send to you to paint.

The Dude Abides.
post #57 of 67 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Just finished a set of Grabber Blue with Silver Metallic trim. Came out nicer that I thought they would:

Apprentice

I have a question for you, what kind of paint are you using? I love the look of these and want to try my hand at doing this myself.

Now before I go and ask a dumb question here I want it to be known that I know little-to-nothing about engines. I'm trying to learn and everyone starts somewhere right?

I'm wondering how some kinds of paint would deal with the heat under the hood. Which had me initially thinking of doing this using caliper paint. I doubt I would get that nice of a look though.

Any suggestions as to what kind of paint to use / how to match colours up would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a paint gun so would likely be getting something in a spray can.

Thanks.

2013 GT - Pretty stock... for now
post #59 of 67 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-GT13 View Post
I have a question for you, what kind of paint are you using? I love the look of these and want to try my hand at doing this myself.

Now before I go and ask a dumb question here I want it to be known that I know little-to-nothing about engines. I'm trying to learn and everyone starts somewhere right?

I'm wondering how some kinds of paint would deal with the heat under the hood. Which had me initially thinking of doing this using caliper paint. I doubt I would get that nice of a look though.

Any suggestions as to what kind of paint to use / how to match colours up would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have a paint gun so would likely be getting something in a spray can.

Thanks.
Regular paint under the hood. The coil covers are plastic so it only gets "so hot". I use regular paint on anything, unless I was to paint the block or spray paint on headers. There is 500 and 1000 paint that you could use if the color matches. For MY coil covers I spray everything with a gun except for the primer.
RC

Apprentice

Another quick question was regarding colour matching. I'd like to paint my coil covers deep impact blue, or at least something very close to it. How would I go about finding out how to match that colour to a spray colour?

2013 GT - Pretty stock... for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page