I'm thinking the Borla S-Types are too loud :( - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Banned

Maybe try and see if someone will trade you for the Touring mufflers. Very civilized, great tone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

If you want to sell them, send me a price. I'm about to either buy them or the Corsa xtreme.

2012 Premium Mustang GT 5.0 MT82 Red Candy Metallic 3.73's / HID & Security Pkg / Comfort Pkg / Barton 2 Post / Borla S-type Exhaust
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My S Types have a great sound. Better then the Magna Flows I had on my 2007. If you want them quieter try 5 gear like a previous poster suggested. It works for me when I am in the neighborhood. And because of the 3.73 it does work at low speeds.

GT Member

They say on their website that they're loud.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI

Last edited by jim293; 06-25-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Clean up
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
You're always bitching about something dude. They say on their website that they're loud.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Haha well this is ironic...

2013 BOSS 302 #0838 GHIG, Recaros, Torsen, 3.73s, Borla S-Types, DSS CF Driveshaft, Paxton Novi 2200, Jegs Cat Deletes, MGW Shifter, Airaid CAI, Steeda Sports, GC CC Plates, UPR LCA Relocation Brackets, J&M Adj. PHB
SOLD-
2011 5.0 Premium Kona Blue
Brembos, 3.73s, 6M
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I absolutely love my borla S catback, yes it can be loud but if you think they are loud just shift again as previously stated

2012 GT 6MT 3.73 - JLT - Borla - Axel Exchange - BMR - BAMA93H - Accufab - Steeda
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Loudness is extremely subjective.

To OP: If you want something just barely louder than stock, go with GT500's. I can pretty much guarantee that it will not be too loud.

2012 Mustang GT, Ingot Silver, 6M, 3.73, Brembo.
Whipple 2.9, Flowmaster AT Cat Back 817500.
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I have the GT500 axle backs right now, and they sound great don't get me wrong, but the tone never changes, it just gets louder. I want the Borla S type exhaust but the thing holding me back from getting it is how far the tips stick out, I wish they could be flush with the car like the GT500's.

2011 Ingot Silver GT premium, 6MT, Brembo Brake Package, Borla S Type Axlebacks, Steeda CAI with Bama SCT tune, Michelin Super Sports.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutaliate View Post
I have the GT500 axle backs right now, and they sound great don't get me wrong, but the tone never changes, it just gets louder. I want the Borla S type exhaust but the thing holding me back from getting it is how far the tips stick out, I wish they could be flush with the car like the GT500's.
A lot of times you can slide the upstream joints in the system into eachother to make the tips flush with the car. I had mine to where they stuck out just a bit on my '11.

2013 BOSS 302 #0838 GHIG, Recaros, Torsen, 3.73s, Borla S-Types, DSS CF Driveshaft, Paxton Novi 2200, Jegs Cat Deletes, MGW Shifter, Airaid CAI, Steeda Sports, GC CC Plates, UPR LCA Relocation Brackets, J&M Adj. PHB
SOLD-
Brembos, 3.73s, 6M
Apprentice

I'll trade my Touring for them, I want something just a little louder when I get on it. Mine have about 6K on them and are perfect.

2012 GT/CS, race red, auto, HID/Security pkg, Comfort Pkg. BAMA Tune, Borla "Touring" axle backs, Heartthrob cat back with "H" pipe, LED Dome lights, Pioneer TS-D6802R front speakers, GT500 rear mud flaps, Weather Tech floor mats, Back window louvers, Tint, Chrome accents on radio bezels, K & N, Redline hood struts, JLT catch can, Remote start, Eibach Pro springs, Koni SRT's, BMR panhard .
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutaliate View Post
They might be adjustable? On my Roush's I can loosen the clamps and move them around a bit. You could try giving Borla a call and find out. Or someone here can chime in and try seeing how far in they adjust.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
They might be adjustable? On my Roush's I can loosen the clamps and move them around a bit. You could try giving Borla a call and find out. Or someone here can chime in and try seeing how far in they adjust.
... Like I did a few posts before you

SOLD-
Brembos, 3.73s, 6M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page