New CDC Shaker on 2011 Mustang GT/CS - Scariest Mod to Date! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

So does it shake?
Lets see some pics where it connects to the air box. Do you need a tune for this?

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice work! That definitely took some guts to cut into the hood!

2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium Manual
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

yes thanks for posting these pics I have been on the fence with doin this mod since saleen doesnt have the supershaker anymore. thinkn i many get a different hood n then when warranty expires do the supercharger.
Looks awesome

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10

GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Your car looks great. I am not a fan of those Shaker systems as it brings very little for the $$. But I have to give you credit for doing the installation yourself. You are definitely the first person that I have heard of who has put the Shaker on a 2011+ Mustang.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
Apprentice

Large Attachments My Man , Your Ride looks Great w/ The Shaker

2011 GT Coupe P / Red Candy Metallic
Char Blk Lthr Int /Com.Pkg./Sec.Pkg.
Brembo / 3.73 Rear / Mt-82 6spd.
19" PP AL.Wh / Pirelli40R19 P-Zeros
MODS:
K&N CAI - JLT OS - Steeda Billet RLCA
Steeda Adj. UCA
Magnaflow Comp. CB System
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
So does it shake?
Lets see some pics where it connects to the air box. Do you need a tune for this?
Here are some additional photos that were requested. It does shake a little but it does not visibly move that much when you rev it. No tune is needed since the intake tube into the throttle body has not been changed. Still runs pretty much the same.

Also threw in a couple of pics of the '71 Mach 1 as some have requested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011Mustang_Shaker_6-26-12 009.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	642.3 KB
ID:	158813   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011Mustang_Shaker 009.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	635.4 KB
ID:	158814   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011Mustang_Shaker_6-26-12 014.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	648.7 KB
ID:	158815   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011Mustang_Shaker_6-26-12 013.jpg
Views:	861
Size:	618.4 KB
ID:	158816   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011Mustang_Shaker_6-26-12 010.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	663.5 KB
ID:	158817  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270.JPG
Views:	747
Size:	907.2 KB
ID:	158818   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011Mustang_Shaker_6-26-12 016.jpg
Views:	1452
Size:	645.8 KB
ID:	158819  

1971 Mach 1 - 351-4V Ram Air, 4-Speed w/Hurst Shifter, 3.25 Standard, AC, Light Pewter Metallic, Original Magnum 500s
2011 GT/CS - MT-82 w/Hurst Shifter, 3.73, Security, Ingot Silver Metallic, Am Thunder Axlebacks, JLT Oil Separator, Blue Boss Coil Covers, Boss Front Splitter, Shaker Hood Scoop

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That's factory quality right there,excellent job,I think it looks awesome... your Mach1 is a dream on 4 wheels.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD
GT Member

Awesome! I like it.
I would suggest getting rid of the soundtube to clear up some of the clutter look with all the hoses and pipes in there now.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT STYLE View Post
Your car looks great. I am not a fan of those Shaker systems as it brings very little for the $$. But I have to give you credit for doing the installation yourself. You are definitely the first person that I have heard of who has put the Shaker on a 2011+ Mustang.
I agree about performance bang for the buck, but that's not why I installed it. I've been doing mods with styling and function cues from my '71 Mach 1. Started with a silver car w/black stripes, added Hurst shifter, blue coil covers, and now a functional ram air set up. Also, I got it on sale back in August from CJ Pony Parts for just over $550, so wanting one anyway, I had to pull the trigger on that deal.

I got some inspiration to finally install it after reading Murda, Inc's post last week, so I wasn't the first.
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...011-gt-cs.html

1971 Mach 1 - 351-4V Ram Air, 4-Speed w/Hurst Shifter, 3.25 Standard, AC, Light Pewter Metallic, Original Magnum 500s
2011 GT/CS - MT-82 w/Hurst Shifter, 3.73, Security, Ingot Silver Metallic, Am Thunder Axlebacks, JLT Oil Separator, Blue Boss Coil Covers, Boss Front Splitter, Shaker Hood Scoop

Apprentice

Oh man that turned out great. I got some great tips from Taco Bills write up. Now if i can find someone that has centrifugal blower hooked up to the Shaker

2011 Black Mustang GT CS 7/05/2010(Not original order)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender351 View Post
I have had the CDC Shaker set-up in the box since November. After reading Murda, Inc.'s post the other day, I got the inspiration to finally gather up my balls to do it.

First, let me say that I am no mechanic, nor show any real mechanical talent. I've done a few mods to my 2011 GT/CS, but nothing major: hood lift struts, Hurst shifter, hood spear decals, new Boss coil covers. So far, so good. But, ever since I saw the shaker hood "option" in the 2010 Ford brochure, I said to myself, "I gotta' have that!" It's functional (for what it's worth HP wise), and it screams classic muscle car style. So I bought the kit on sale last year, but was hestitant about installing it myself. I had never taken on such an undertaking on any of my Mustangs over the years.

But I am pleased to report that, overall, things went well. No major glitches, although I must admit I got lucky a couple of times. So here are my tips if you are going to install one of these. Tip #1 - Follow the CDC tip of applying extra tape to the hood around where you will cut the hood. I forgot and when the layer of tape came up from under the jigsaw, I was about to sh*t my shorts. $900 mistake? No, lucky for me, the marks in the paint are so miniscule I do not think anyone will notice. Tip #2 - I recommend masking the entire hood and cover the fenders. Metal shavings and particles go everywhere. Do not risk scratching your paint to get them off. Even water won't easily lift them off. If you mask or cover the entire hood, you won't have to worry about it. Tip #3 - Make sure that upper and lower trim rings line will line up based on where the upper ring is centered around the scoop, before you apply it with the adhesive. For some reason I had to drill new holes in the lower ring to be able to rivet them together. Other than that, the install went fine, but keep a good grip on your saw (I got lucky when the saw jumped out of the cut and landed on the part of the hood that coming out). But the reward is worth it. I believe Ferris Bueller said it best, "It is so choice!" Now I can say I have 2 functional ram air cars, the 2011 GT/CS with eh Shaker and the 1971 Mach 1 with NACA Ram Air.
lol i didnt even know some of those measurements existed on a tape measure

2011 Black Mustang GT CS 7/05/2010(Not original order)
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murda Inc. View Post
lol i didnt even know some of those measurements existed on a tape measure
Actually, I used a sewing tape measure. They go to 60" and are more flexible and won't scratch. You don't need someone to hold it down, just tape it to one side the hood and measure away; they do go to a 1/16th of an inch!

GT Member

I love it. I just can't bring myself to spend $700 on it. If this thing was 500 bucks I would be all over it. Kinda makes me wonder how they charge so much for some molded plastic and a few clamps.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
PONY Member

So this is mainly for looks seeing your pics. The factory intake has input from the front grill right into the box (nice functional design imo), the shaker takes air and routs in through a tube into the airbox. I would imagine there would be no difference at all between the 2. It does look cool from the cockpit I must say.

2012 Mustang 5.0 - 2002 Focus ZTW - 2012 Kia Soul - 1969 Mustang GT
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
Classic Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcla View Post
So this is mainly for looks seeing your pics. The factory intake has input from the front grill right into the box (nice functional design imo), the shaker takes air and routs in through a tube into the airbox. I would imagine there would be no difference at all between the 2. It does look cool from the cockpit I must say.
I would agree. There is propbably not much of an intake boost since that would be limited by the intake tube to the throttle body. But I could block off the lower airbox intake making the shaker a snorkle and go out with the Land Rover group and go through streams!

Nah! :nogrinner

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page