Tunes and Summer Heat - back the tune down? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal View Post
Car has an IAT table and retards timing as temp goes up. So unless your tuner jacks all that up you don't need to do anything.
There's more inputs than that (load vs knock count, etc), but that's what I was going to say. When the ecu gets those queries it will retard timing very quickly. It doesn't hurt to log or watch knock though.

'11 GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

guys i think there isnt anything to worry about. I just returned from a weekend trip to north of Italy. I got Bama 93 Race tune and JLT CAI installed. Here is some trip data. Ok but first let me convert the metric figures to US first.

It was like 35 celcius outside which I believe is close to 100 Fahrenheit or even more? Got stuck in a 6.5 mile long traffic jam UPHILL towards Swiss Alps which was like 1 hour long stop and go on 1st gear. That really stressed the clutch, tune, engine everything but it all went just fine. On the way back, it was even hotter! But everything went smooth. Overall the trip was about 250 miles long..

I averaged an incredible 11 liters/100km which is 22 MPG on the way down (including the 6 mile long traffic jam!) and on the way back I had about 27 MPG without the jam.

I say dont bother about summer heat. The 5.0 just does perfectly fine with Bama tune even with race settings. I was a bit worried that JLT would suck in too much hot air but didnt notice any practical drop in performance.. so dont worry too much. Im in love with my car even more now

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

^^^Cool^^^

I bet that was awesome.

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning

PONY Member

oh yeah..started off from Zurich Switzerland, drove to the top of swiss alps at Italian border, drove back down to Lake Como and Maggiori. Camped overnight and drove all around the lake como and on its fantastic windy roads I just love being the only 2011 Mustang GT on the road around here.. You guys would love it. I think Mustang's in the US are more like Beamers and Audis here. There is just one around every corner. We have driving schools here who teach with M3 or Audi TTS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page