Brand New Car - Possible Damage - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

New Cars
  • Dealers are required to disclose in writing any damage and repair that exceeds five percent of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price before you enter into a contract.
  • Dealers are not required to disclose any damage to glass, tires or bumpers if the damaged item has been replaced with original or comparable equipment.
  • If a new car has been repaired for damages that do not exceed five percent of the manufacturer’s suggested retail price, then the dealer does not have to tell you about the damage unless you ask.
That is the law in North Carolina, it varies state to state and is as high as 10% in some states, but most states have a similiar policy

2011GTKonaBlueMTPremium/Comfort/BMRTubularFrontLowerControlarms
TallHDballjoints/QA1bumpsteerkit/EibachFrontAdjSwaybar/EibachRearAdjSwaybar
AR1-7/8longTubes/Magnaflo Catback/EibachProStreetCoilovers/MMcamber/casterplates
UMI DbleAdjLCAs/UMIloweringbracket/UMI DbleAdjPanhard/GriggsRearTorqueTube(eliminatesUpperControlArm)
JLT CAI/JohnLund 93Tune/Baer6PistonCalipers/14"slottedCrossdrilled2piece rotors
BlackChromeFR500s Nitto295rear 275front
CarbonFiber interior Bartonshortthrow/bracket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman91 View Post
The Ford dealership that I had my experience with is also in the Denver suburbs.

If your dealership repaired the car and it was covered by the dealer's insurance-there should be a paper trial of the repair if the car wasn't titled before you bought it.

Go to a Ford dealer and ask for a "OASIS" report on your VIN. Any work done by any Ford dealer on a new Ford should be on this report that is available from any Ford dealer.

not to many dealers in a suburbs of Denver... My question was it off of a road, highway like I-25 or a freeway

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by '11GT/CSdude View Post
So here is what we found - A bent condenser, discoloration on the bumpers, appears that someone wet sanded the wheel well covers, possible overspray on the condenser "shrad" and on the grill parts. Another major thing that we found is that the grille had, what appeared to be, aftermarket stickers on it. There are 2 that can be seen easily and one that is hidden on the right side. I usually don't see stickers on the grille and when I do, it says - FOMOCO . Not an aftermarket little tiny sticker. :?:
We have went to 3 different dealers and they all say that there is evidence of a small wreck. The ford dealer that we bought it at is denying everything but agrees that something happened. They are saying there is no record of it ever being in a wreck.
Ford does not want to get involved but they are going to send out a representative to check out the car. Ford says that it is all under the dealer, they are not responsible.
Hello '11GT/CSdude,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I’d like to get this documented for you and keep all parties informed if needed. Please shoot me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info.

Deysha

'11GT/CSdude

Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply.

We are currently waiting for the Ford Rep to come out. I guess whatever they say goes. But no matter what happens, we are getting a new condenser and possibly repainting the bumpers. We don't know if we want to get rid of the original paint on the bumpers though.

The car was not bought within the denver area. It was not Phil Long or any other dealers in the area. It was bought about 30 minutes out of the whole city; suburbs and all.

I will keep you updated on what Ford comes back with.

Thanks for the help everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2011 gt/cs , brand new , damage , fraud , question

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page