Procal on my 13 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Procal on my 13

Had dealer install today for 50 bucks and overall I am impressed car is much stronger down low and there is a little more on the top end. When I left the dealer I had ping in the N setting so I stopped and moved it to Y and it was better but still around. I got to work and did the crank sensor relearn and then went for a quick spin and all was cured. On the way home car felt good and no ping. I am going to try to move back to N tomorrow and see how I do. Overall for 330 bucks installed with a warrenty I am a happy camper. Oh and first gear is death to tires now

13 DIB GT Premium

Track Pack and Recaros

MGW shifter, Kooks AB, ProCal

03 Dakota R/T
402 cube stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Good move, congrats. I concur w/all, but I have no ping on N.

BTW, the GT500 mufflers (come with the ProCal when ordered as the Power Upgrade Pkg) are perfect for me.

2012 GT Prem Cp, Kona w/MT-82, 401A, 3.73's & HID/Sec. GT-500 Spoiler & OE sidescoops. FR Pwr Upgrd & FR3 Adj Hndl Packs. MaxMoto CC plates. BMR Adj Panhard. 255/45 and 285/40-18 Conti DW's on silver Forgestar CF5's.Tint, clear bra, CDC Dead Pedal, JLT Oil Separator and Black in Back.

Ordered 3/18/11. Built 5/4. ETA 5/22. Arrived 5/24.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

just noticed this...how ironic;

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...frpp-ping.html

2012 GT Prem Cp, Kona w/MT-82, 401A, 3.73's & HID/Sec. GT-500 Spoiler & OE sidescoops. FR Pwr Upgrd & FR3 Adj Hndl Packs. MaxMoto CC plates. BMR Adj Panhard. 255/45 and 285/40-18 Conti DW's on silver Forgestar CF5's.Tint, clear bra, CDC Dead Pedal, JLT Oil Separator and Black in Back.

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I saw that.

I have Kooks AB on my car and a MGW shifter.

13 DIB GT Premium

Track Pack and Recaros

03 Dakota R/T
402 cube stroker
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Looks liek you drive your year round. I am also going to be doing the same thing. Do you have any issue being lowered and getting around. I have driven rwd cars with snow tires and really the only thing that would stop me would be ride height being to low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafreeze View Post

13 DIB GT Premium

Track Pack and Recaros

03 Dakota R/T
402 cube stroker
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Kooks, cool.

I do, but just lowered 3 weeks ago and don't drive in the slop (have a 4wd ranger).

post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Hey dafreeze what part PNW are you in. Looking to get the same pkg installed and there is only one place in portland that i know is certified. Where did you get yours intalled.

2013 Mustang GT Automatic........mods are incoming....
2012 Dodge Challenger RT (sold)
2006 Honda Civic SI (sold)
2001 Acura Integra Gsr (sold)
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012
Apprentice

How do you do the crank sensor relearn? I have a 2012 and definitely get pinging with the N setting. I switched to Y and it's less, but still there. The gas in Colorado sucks the best we can get other than race gas is 91 with ten percent ethanol. I do have a station that has 100 octane available and I've been mixing 3 gallons of that with the 91 which is pretty close to 93. I find it kind of annoying that I have to do that and it still pings. It pinged like crazy on N with just 91. Don't want to dump it but may have to go back to stock. Wouldl like to try this step though to see if it helps.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnkee View Post
Hey dafreeze what part PNW are you in. Looking to get the same pkg installed and there is only one place in portland that i know is certified. Where did you get yours intalled.
I'm in a very small and rather isolated community at the biggest of dams, but did the install myself.

post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noco5.0 View Post
How do you do the crank sensor relearn? I have a 2012 and definitely get pinging with the N setting. I switched to Y and it's less, but still there. The gas in Colorado sucks the best we can get other than race gas is 91 with ten percent ethanol. I do have a station that has 100 octane available and I've been mixing 3 gallons of that with the 91 which is pretty close to 93. I find it kind of annoying that I have to do that and it still pings. It pinged like crazy on N with just 91. Don't want to dump it but may have to go back to stock. Wouldl like to try this step though to see if it helps.
It is called learn profile I think. If I remember right it is under the program section. You will have to blip the throttle above 3K RPM until the engine light goes out. Then go ahead and drive it and see if it fixes it. Worked for me.

13 DIB GT Premium

Track Pack and Recaros

03 Dakota R/T
402 cube stroker
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03dakrt View Post
It is called learn profile I think. If I remember right it is under the program section. You will have to blip the throttle above 3K RPM until the engine light goes out. Then go ahead and drive it and see if it fixes it. Worked for me.
Appreciate the info. Does anybody know exactly what the profile learn changes?
Apprentice

Quote:
Appreciate the info. Does anybody know exactly what the profile learn changes?
For lack of better terminology, it calibrates the crankshaft position sensor.

2011 GT Coupe Premium / MT82 / 3.31 / Brembo
Red Candy Metallic / Charcoal Black / 400A
Comfort / Security / HID Headlamps
FRPP M-FR1-MGTB Power Upgrade Package
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR-15 HBAR View Post
For lack of better terminology, it calibrates the crankshaft position sensor.
Ok forgive my newbiness, but do you just plug in the pro cal turn the key on and run this function? Can't find anything about it in the instructions that came with the tuner. Once it's done do you just blip the throttle from idle? Thanks
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafreeze View Post
Good move, congrats. I concur w/all, but I have no ping on N.

BTW, the GT500 mufflers (come with the ProCal when ordered as the Power Upgrade Pkg) are perfect for me.
you both took your car to the dealer and had it flashed? did you have to buy the programmer from them?

Shawn
Toys:
1986 Buick Regal ttype,Too many mods to list.
10 second street ride W/AC
2013 GHIG GT stick HIS FRPP procal 393 RWHP 373 RWTQ
2002 gt premium vert auto HERS
Apprentice

Quote:
Ok forgive my newbiness, but do you just plug in the pro cal turn the key on and run this function? Can't find anything about it in the instructions that came with the tuner. Once it's done do you just blip the throttle from idle? Thanks
You'll want to make sure your engine is warmed all the way up and running, then plug in the ProCal II.

Select "Programming", then select "Profile Learning".

At this point, you should notice that your check engine light comes on.

The ProCal will say something like "MIL is on, press enter to continue..."

After you press Enter, it will then instruct you to blip the throttle to something greater than 3k rpm until the check engine light goes out.

I usually stomp the pedal to the floor quickly from an idle until the tach hits 5k or so, then let it return to idle. And, repeat if necessary.

Once you are successful, you should be returned to the main programming menu, at which point it is safe to unplug the ProCal.

I agree that the instructions that come with the ProCal II are a bit weak, to say the least. You can also use the ProCal to do KOER/KOEO diagnostics, edit rear axle ratio, tire revolutions per mile, octane adjust, etc.

2011 GT Coupe Premium / MT82 / 3.31 / Brembo
Red Candy Metallic / Charcoal Black / 400A
Comfort / Security / HID Headlamps
FRPP M-FR1-MGTB Power Upgrade Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page