Any experience with Granatelli Axle-back exhaust? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangChris810 View Post
Alright guys! This is what I sent to them... I was kind of tired when I typed the email, but it's pretty straight forward....

Question from MustangChris810:

Hello. I am inquiring about a new exhaust system you have for the 2011 and up Ford Mustang GT 5.0. Granatelli part number GM-ES2525. I can't find much if any feedback on youtube or on the forums. The exhaust sounds great from your sound clip, but my main concern is if this exhaust produces "cockpit Drone" or "cockpit boom" at cruising speeds??? People online are starting to show much interest in this exhaust. Myself included. Thanks. Your sound clip is nice, but it's not a clip going down the road @ 75MPH in 6th gear. That's the sound I want to hear! Maybe you could put me in touch with someone a little more familiar with the engineering of this exhaust system? Thanks! -Chris

Reply #1 From Joey Granatelli @ Granatelli Motor Sports

I am the lead engineer on this system. It has NO DROME or BOOM effect while going down the road. A ton of time when into this. We make it - its not a simple rebrand from any old muffler company. J You will be happy. I can do a sound clip then next time we have a car come in. We also have a money back guarantee so if your not happy send them back – perhaps you can do a sound clip when you buys one – that would be great

Reply #2 from Nick Sorensen @ Grantelli Motor Sports

Thanks for your interest in our Granatelli exhaust system for the 2011+ Mustang platform. I am pleased to tell you that we have had no reports or firsthand experience with any “drone” or “boom” with this system. One of our local customers, a serviceman, has this system install on his Coyote powered Mustang for about 9 months and he hasn’t reported anything negative about the kit. If you watch our YouTube channel his vehicle is featured in a couple videos. His black mustang is in the “axle back” video and does some dyno pulls in our “Coyote coils” video. I hope this information helps, if you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to call or email me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there you have it. I don't think it's a cooincidence that Joey's last name is Granatelli so that makes me feel pretty good about his response.

So, well... I'm deployed. I can't try these out at the moment or else I would for $389. Who's going to be the test mule for AFM.COM???
Whaaaa? Money back if we don't like them?

2013 Black GT/CS. Electronics pkg. Comfort, 3.73. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna. JLT Oil Separator. 20% rear 50% front tint. Clearbra. Flip Down License Plate Holder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

NOOOOOO!!!!!!! DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON GRANATELLI!!!!

Now that I have your attention, listen up. Granatelli has a TERRIBLE rep with their parts. They make mainly suspension parts, but really all sorts of stuff for mustangs. I used to own a 2000 GT and every single Mustang community I've ever been a part of stayed away from them like the plague! They are VERY cheaply made parts with shoddy welds. In fact, it was mostly the welds that would break on them. Please do a google search on them first. Just wanted to pass along a little info.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post
NOOOOOO!!!!!!! DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON GRANATELLI!!!!

Now that I have your attention, listen up. Granatelli has a TERRIBLE rep with their parts. They make mainly suspension parts, but really all sorts of stuff for mustangs. I used to own a 2000 GT and every single Mustang community I've ever been a part of stayed away from them like the plague! They are VERY cheaply made parts with shoddy welds. In fact, it was mostly the welds that would break on them. Please do a google search on them first. Just wanted to pass along a little info.
Got any links to verify this?

2013 Black GT/CS. Electronics pkg. Comfort, 3.73. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna. JLT Oil Separator. 20% rear 50% front tint. Clearbra. Flip Down License Plate Holder.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgt View Post
I checked it out. Seems like there MAY be some truth to this. But, I have not read anything about their exhaust systems being bad, and I really haven't read anything that wasn't a few years old about them having bad parts. Not to mention, seems like anyone who had anything that broke was sent a replacement piece, only having to pay shipping to Granatelli.

I got another reply from Joey Grantelli. Basically, I told him I didn't want to ride around with an exhaust that "boomed" and "droned" like Flow Masters and Magna Flow Mufflers do on the freeway. He said, and I quote "This is the EXACT system you want for your car!!!".

So, it looks pretty good. Like I said before, If I was in the states right now I think I'd try a set for $389. I mean, they even said if I don't like them I can have my money back!!! Not to mention, if they are junk like some say, then I get a replacement. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I checked it out. Seems like there MAY be some truth to this. But, I have not read anything about their exhaust systems being bad, and I really haven't read anything that wasn't a few years old about them having bad parts. Not to mention, seems like anyone who had anything that broke was sent a replacement piece, only having to pay shipping to Granatelli.

I got another reply from Joey Grantelli. Basically, I told him I didn't want to ride around with an exhaust that "boomed" and "droned" like Flow Masters and Magna Flow Mufflers do on the freeway. He said, and I quote "This is the EXACT system you want for your car!!!".

So, it looks pretty good. Like I said before, If I was in the states right now I think I'd try a set for $389. I mean, they even said if I don't like them I can have my money back!!! Not to mention, if they are junk like some say, then I get a replacement. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
I sent them an email last night too. Haven't hear back from them yet.

It's interesting how places like Summit Racing offers them for $100 less than GMS does.

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

It's interesting how places like Summit Racing offers them for $100 less than GMS does.
It's common for resellers to sell parts lower than Manufacturer Suggested Retail with the Manufacturer's blessing. It's a way of driving the business to the reseller. GMT may prefer to have customers reach out to Summit to buy their product instead of themselves. More often than not, it is because the Manufacturer does not have the resources to dedicate to sales and support and Summit does.

2012 Mustang GT, Ingot Silver, 6M, 3.73, Brembo.
Whipple 2.9, Flowmaster AT Cat Back 817500.
GT Member

Quote:

What did you ask them?

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
What did you ask them?
Confirming about drone...figured if they hear it more than once they will understand that it's an important issue.

Also confirmed that they were a direct bolt on system and Also asked about quality control welds etc.

STILL HAVEN'T HEARD BACK. Very disappointing.

GT Member

Quote:
Confirming about drone...figured if they hear it more than once they will understand that it's an important issue.

Also confirmed that they were a direct bolt on system and Also asked about quality control welds etc.

STILL HAVEN'T HEARD BACK. Very disappointing.
Well, they do say it will take 24-48 hours for a reply. Keep us posted. I'm curious to know what they have to say, mostly about the welds.

Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
PONY Member

Quote:
Like i said, do a google search. this took 4 min.

time to replace another Granatelli piece of crap on my car

Granatelli Motorsports FTL! WTF??? TRASH

BEWARE: Pics of cheap bushings Granatelli | Mustang Forums at StangNet

Granatelli Plug connectors are crap... - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Granatelli 4.696-98 k member junk waste of money!

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

PONY Member
S197 Member

Yeah. It doesn't look like anything pertaining to exhaust though. I still haven't heard back from them....gives me a bad feeling on this one anyway.

Apprentice

I just wonder even though they offer the money back guarantee do you want to try and fight them for it?

Also summit may have bought some in bulk and have them in warehouse therefore being able to sell them cheaper than to have them sit.

Now if summit offered the money back guarantee that might be worth it since they have a better reputation.

Ordered 7/21/12 VIN 8/2/12
Window Sticker 8/17/12 Build date 8/23/12
1st ETA 8/27/12 New ETA is 9/5/12.
Sterling Grey Metallic
Mustang GT 400A MT 82
Mods waiting :Barton shifter and bracket, AM flip plate, Redline Hood Struts, JLT Oil Separator, and Gt500 axle backs.
PONY Member

Quote:
Yeah. It doesn't look like anything pertaining to exhaust though. I still haven't heard back from them....gives me a bad feeling on this one anyway.
If Ford had a reputation for years for selling crappy suv's, trucks, and eco cars that fell apart and had to be lemoned all the time, would you still have bought a mustang?

Just my .02, maybe the company turned a 180 in the past year or so. All I can tell you is what I've heard/read as I have stayed far away from them

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post
If Ford had a reputation for years for selling crappy suv's, trucks, and eco cars that fell apart and had to be lemoned all the time, would you still have bought a mustang?

Just my .02, maybe the company turned a 180 in the past year or so. All I can tell you is what I've heard/read as I have stayed far away from them
haha...Ford's rep has not always been too good.

I'm thinking an exhaust is going to be a last step for me. The more I think about it, paying $5 - 700 for mufflers, or more, is just absurd to me.

I'd rather put the 700 to suspension upgrades, or a one piece drive shaft, or............

post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Anyone hear back from Granatelli about this exhaust?

I haven't bought any yet, and won't for a while still. I was also looking into this exhaust as an alternative:
MAC 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0L V8, Axle-Back Exhaust System
Americanmuscle.com sells the non-rolled tip version of this exhaust, but I really like the rolled tips better. Unfortunately I haven't found another retailer that sells it cheaper. I haven't found any pictures of a mustang with the rolled-tip version either.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page