Any experience with Granatelli Axle-back exhaust? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Also, there is one review of the Granatelli exhaust on the Stage3motorsports page here: 2011-2013 Mustang 5.0L Granatelli Axle-Back Exhaust Kit

Customer Reviews
This exhaust sounds great!!!!!
Really don't everyone to know about these mufflers, can't have everyones car sound like mine. This exhaust has the deepest non-raspy tone of any I have heard. It doesn't pop or cackle, just a deep rumble, sounds like a big block engine. I found them by accident on a youtube sound clip and was sold. Stage3 has a great price on them and shipped them quickly. Kudos to Granatelli, these are put together flawlessly.

Unless that's an employee hyping them up, sounds like a good review to me.

Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.EVIL View Post
Anyone hear back from Granatelli about this exhaust?

I haven't bought any yet, and won't for a while still. I was also looking into this exhaust as an alternative:
MAC 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0L V8, Axle-Back Exhaust System
Americanmuscle.com sells the non-rolled tip version of this exhaust, but I really like the rolled tips better. Unfortunately I haven't found another retailer that sells it cheaper. I haven't found any pictures of a mustang with the rolled-tip version either.

I have the MAC axle-back on my '12 GT. Amazing sound. Absolutely the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a Coyote GT. But, the drone is quite intense at times. I don't mind drone much at all and at times it gets a bit annoying to me. I will never remove them, though. The sound is too awesome.

post #33 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acobra93 View Post
I have the MAC axle-back on my '12 GT. Amazing sound. Absolutely the best sounding exhaust I have heard on a Coyote GT. But, the drone is quite intense at times. I don't mind drone much at all and at times it gets a bit annoying to me. I will never remove them, though. The sound is too awesome.
What speed and RPM are you hitting the drone? What gears you have? I'm often going around 69-74mph in the neighborhood of 1900rpms with my 3.15 gears. Any pictures of your exhaust? Rolled tips or no?

There, done interrogating you

GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

If you're concerned about quality in general and quality of welds in particular I would think twice about MAC. Someone recently installed their $359 Pro-Chamber. The fit was terrible and it leaked like crazy. I'm not sure if the guy cut it in half after removing it but someone posted a picture of the inside of one of these things. It looked like it was made by a 14 year old stoner on his first day of welding class.

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
post #35 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc View Post
If you're concerned about quality in general and quality of welds in particular I would think twice about MAC. Someone recently installed their $359 Pro-Chamber. The fit was terrible and it leaked like crazy. I'm not sure if the guy cut it in half after removing it but someone posted a picture of the inside of one of these things. It looked like it was made by a 14 year old stoner on his first day of welding class.
I've heard a lot of good things first hand from guys in town. Seems hard to believe.

Classic Member
S197 Member

I'll see if I can find the thread. I read so many Mustang forums it's hard to keep track. The picture was pretty funny, though. Big gobs of welding slag and primitive, unfinished edges.

GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Here ya go:

Prochamber is in. - SVTPerformance

post #38 of 51 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I ended up ordering the Granatelli's from Stage 3 Motorsports for $389.95 w/ free shipping. They had to get it directly from the manufacturer, but they're doing it within the week. Fingers crossed it looks/fits/sounds like the video.

2011-2013 Mustang 5.0L Granatelli Axle-Back Exhaust Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.EVIL View Post
I ended up ordering the Granatelli's from Stage 3 Motorsports for $389.95 w/ free shipping. They had to get it directly from the manufacturer, but they're doing it within the week. Fingers crossed it looks/fits/sounds like the video.

2011-2013 Mustang 5.0L Granatelli Axle-Back Exhaust Kit
Sweet! Keep us posted!

I tried a Borla Touring Cat-Back kit for my 2013, with and w/o resonators. I hated it. I just can't get over loving the factory exhaust. Once they break-in a little from the factory they're great! Every aftermarket exhaust I have tried, with the exception of the GT500's mufflers is just too loud on the freeway.

Even still, I'd like to know more about how folks like the Granitelli exhaust.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Apprentice

Can't beleive no replies recently on this...how does it sound? How is the quality? Would you recommend them? Was almost ready to get some GT500's until I ran across this.,please update!!

2014 Mustang GT Premium, 400a, Track Pack, Nav, comfort package, acc package 5 (pedestal spoiler, 1/4 louvers, side scoops), RR sensing, 15% tint, Roush axle back, JLT CAI, BAMA Tune
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Excellent build quality. I love the look as well. I'd say the best looking tips of any I've seen. The sound at idle is similar to a Mac exhaust. The low end sound has a lot of bass, I really like it. The upper end sounds good, more muffled than other exhausts, that's what I wanted. There's some highway drone, but it lessens as they break in. I believe I paid $289 shipped, very happy with the purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-12_19-37-41_956.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	984.4 KB
ID:	252521   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-02_10-05-04_554.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	1,022.1 KB
ID:	252529   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-03_17-26-47_463.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	820.3 KB
ID:	252537  

Wow nice looking ride man, where did you order them? Summit?

2014 Mustang GT Premium, 400a, Track Pack, Nav, comfort package, acc package 5 (pedestal spoiler, 1/4 louvers, side scoops), RR sensing, 15% tint, Roush axle back, JLT CAI, BAMA Tune
Apprentice

Sorry I see your post above about getting from stage 3, thought you might have gotten from summit since you said was 289 instead of the 389 and all I can find now is 388 on summit or stage 3, well there was for hoping I guess lol

GT Member

I considered these but after reading many posts about QC issues with Granatelli parts I decided to skip them and get some GT500 mufflers. After reading the comments about some freeway drone I'm glad I did. Although I will say the Granatelli's have a real nice looking tip. I wanted to love them, but I went with what I know works and I'm glad I did.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I did get them from Stage 3, Summit was a roughly 2 week wait. Stage 3 contacted Granatelli and got a set to me in a couple days. I double checked the receipt and it was $389 including shipping. Not sure where I got that other number.

I definitely feel these are put together very well. They may have a bad suspension part reputation, but I didn't see that reflected in their exhaust. The fit was fine, I removed the bolts, used WD-40 on the rubber attachments, and then bolted them back in. Way easier than trying to fit into the rubber while laying under the car.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page