DiabloSport Intune Initial Review. - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Cool thanks Dan, installing a Boss manifold and I had every intention of (setting it at 7500, shifting at 7350) just in case the motor is spinning faster than the tach

REDSKINS .. NFC EAST..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Dan_DiabloSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbud View Post
i used my trinity on my 2006 f150 for 2 years worked flawless but scared on my new 2013 mustang it cost a lil more. it has a performance tune that says 93 octane and a 91 octane tune would it be batter to use 91 octane tune but use 93octane gas so i have no knock?
The Trinity has the ability to monitor knock as well as AFR, it has a lot more horsepower than the inTune in the logging and graphics department, tunes are the same. If you run into an issue with knock on a data log, just let me know. The Trinity also shows AFR gauges on screen on the 11+ applications. Over all you really shouldn't have any knock at all, I'll be surprised if you do, but we will take care of it. That's why I'm here!

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Well this was the review I was waiting on I am sold I'm not to worried about the knock cause I know Diablo will figure that out. SCT has to many issues with there firmwarethat scare me.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Apprentice

Not bad at all, I look forward to some additional reviews. Anyone have pre & post dyno#'s?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecast09 View Post
Not bad at all, I look forward to some additional reviews. Anyone have pre & post dyno#'s?
No Problem, proof is in the pudding.

These tunes all come pre-loaded on the inTune and Trinity with no custom tuning required!!!

EDIT: For the record for those looking, these were made at sea level on a superflow chassis dyno that does have load bearing capacity, so these are real world HP numbers, not fly wheel.

Here's some sheets on the 5.0

Stock Vs. Tuned

Cold Air Intake, stock vs tuned

Here's a GT500 that we just did on the dyno in the last couple of weeks stock vs. tuned
Grimace427

Hey Dan, any chance an InTune can be shipped with a stock file preloaded for those of use who have tuned their cars with an SCT then lost the handheld?
J Orbit

OT
Those are the hardest to read dynosheets I've seen. I prefer the dynojet/WinPep style which lists the runs and the peak #s in an easy to read format. I can't tell what I'm looking at, and yes I've used dynos for years.

On Topic. I'll be going with the trinity if anything. Seems like the more reliable device.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Hey Dan, any chance an InTune can be shipped with a stock file preloaded for those of use who have tuned their cars with an SCT then lost the handheld?
Unfortunately the only Mustangs I can do that on are the 98-04 because of the nature of the PCM. The only way on 05+ is to hit the dealership.... for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
OT
I prefer the dynojet/WinPep style which lists the runs and the peak #s in an easy to read format.

On Topic. I'll be going with the trinity if anything. Seems like the more reliable device.
Yeah that's the superflow dyno sheet, I also find it hard to read but my tuners love it. They have the choice to add the peak numbers but they prefer to watch the whole pull, so what you're seeing here is directly out of the calibration process, not built to "show off" like you might hand to a customer. This is the real thing generated as they were working, so it's not fancy.

Trinity is really powerful for your car, it's an excellent choice.
J Orbit

I agree, I like the fact that you can use it to monitor gauges. I'm a road-course guy so the shift light will come in handy too.

My only complaint about the state of the industry is that so far no one is able, or perhaps unwilling to tune cam phasing. If people are happy with the modest gains they're getting now, wait till you can dial in the cams. In this one area the import tuners have the domestic market beat in that they've been tuning variable systems for many years. I can't wait till things catch up!
Apprentice

Did you notice any of the smoothness (idle/partial throttle) change?
PONY Member

Does the Intune currently support adjustments like shift firmness and torque management on the 6R80 auto tranny 5.0? I saw some posts on Diablo forums from owners of some cars where the auto transmission features were not available yet.

2011 Kona Blue GT Premium
Rookie

Dan, When diablo says Warranty safe-no fingerprints, watermarks or counters, does this mean the dealership can't see that the car was tuned if you switch back to stock tune?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
If people are happy with the modest gains they're getting now, wait till you can dial in the cams. In this one area the import tuners have the domestic market beat in that they've been tuning variable systems for many years. I can't wait till things catch up!
Our tunes do modify cam phasing, and through a custom tune it can also be modified, but it's not something we put in the hand held, it's not for those who don't know what they would do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Does the Intune currently support adjustments like shift firmness and torque management on the 6R80 auto tranny 5.0? I saw some posts on Diablo forums from owners of some cars where the auto transmission features were not available yet.
You can adjust firmness and points for your shifts, torque management is also modified in the pre-loaded programs.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblank18 View Post
Dan, When diablo says Warranty safe-no fingerprints, watermarks or counters, does this mean the dealership can't see that the car was tuned if you switch back to stock tune?
That's correct, the dealership will not be able to tell that you tuned it as long as you restore the original backup to the vehicle before you bring it in for service.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_DiabloSport View Post
That's correct, the dealership will not be able to tell that you tuned it as long as you restore the original backup to the vehicle before you bring it in for service.
Wow, that's awesome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page