DiabloSport Intune Initial Review. - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Dan_DiabloSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbud View Post
as far as i can tell its map pricing so its same price everywhere even if am carries it.
That's correct, it should be $389 everywhere. Beware of places selling below that price, they are probably on this list:

DiabloSport Unauthorized Dealers |

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_DiabloSport View Post
Hey RacingRedGT Thanks for the awesome review of the product!

As for Octane Booster, I don't recommend adding any to it, you won't get enough of a bump in HP for it to be worth running the 93 tune with octane booster. You always want the most pure fuel you can get for the best results. In your case stick with the 91 unless you are some where that you can find pump 93!

Also, octane boosters are very thin distillates, they wash past piston rings, turning the oil black, and diminishing the oils protection of the rings, as well as reducing the effective cylinder sealing. Don't use them.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
Apprentice

Stupid but important question. I'm running a bama tune (love it) off an Sct tuner (hate it). To be honest I'm scared to return my vehicle to stock due to the risk of bricking my car. I'd love to buy an intune, is there any way to avoid the brick scenario with my Sct? Or do I just need to bite the bullet, hold my breath and press the "return to stock" button and hope for the best before loading my diablo tune

Apprentice

Quote:
No they have not been disabled, and you should experience no additional knock on a stock car.

Altered?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
Altered?
What do you mean by altered? Your knock sensors are your knock sensors, they detect knock? Our tunes will not create more knock than what you see on a stock car, if any.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
Stupid but important question. I'm running a bama tune (love it) off an Sct tuner (hate it). To be honest I'm scared to return my vehicle to stock due to the risk of bricking my car. I'd love to buy an intune, is there any way to avoid the brick scenario with my Sct? Or do I just need to bite the bullet, hold my breath and press the "return to stock" button and hope for the best before loading my diablo tune
You will need to return it to stock first. Make sure you have it on a battery charger from what I've read so you avoid losing voltage.

Part of the reason we can't just overwrite the SCT tune is the same reason we don't leave footprints/watermarks, we don't blast whatever we want in the PCM, we are careful and only do specific things so that it's undetectable.
PONY Member

Is the steeda cold air calibration a specific cai choice or under the universal tune?

Ex Ford tech for 17 years, 1987 Mustang GT project car. 2010 Flex with Ecoboost
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swetrid View Post
Is the steeda cold air calibration a specific cai choice or under the universal tune?
The Universal Tune will work best on this.
PONY Member

Subscribing.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I guess I'm still confused. If I buy the InTune for $389, it comes with all the tunes I would need from Diablosport? With SCT you buy the tuner, and then someone else loads the tune, that's how I understand it (never had a tune before).

So then like Bama gives free tunes for life when your mods change, does Diablosport have a program like this as well?

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post
Subscribing.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I guess I'm still confused. If I buy the InTune for $389, it comes with all the tunes I would need from Diablosport? With SCT you buy the tuner, and then someone else loads the tune, that's how I understand it (never had a tune before).

So then like Bama gives free tunes for life when your mods change, does Diablosport have a program like this as well?
The inTune comes WITH tunes ready to go, you don't need a custom tune unless you've got a highly modified car. So the tunes that are in there when you buy it are for a stock car with cold air and exhaust.

When you start piling on other bolt ons past that, you really need to start looking at a custom tune, that's where some one like Bama would come in to calibrate that as you add more to it.

Bama is one example of a mail order tune house, but there are others that can do the same. I think Bama only does the Custom Tunes on the Trinity T1000 right now, they haven't started with the inTune yet.
PONY Member

Quote:
The inTune comes WITH tunes ready to go, you don't need a custom tune unless you've got a highly modified car. So the tunes that are in there when you buy it are for a stock car with cold air and exhaust.

When you start piling on other bolt ons past that, you really need to start looking at a custom tune, that's where some one like Bama would come in to calibrate that as you add more to it.

Bama is one example of a mail order tune house, but there are others that can do the same. I think Bama only does the Custom Tunes on the Trinity T1000 right now, they haven't started with the inTune yet.
Thanks Dan.

What do you mean by "highly modified"? I'm assuming any kind of boost or nitrous? But what about bolt-ons? Full exhaust, intake manifold, everything but boost?

Do you have other dyno graphs that are a little easier to read? I'm interested in specific HP and tq gains instead of just guessing at the charts. I can understand that it's easier for tuning purposes, but it's more difficult to analyze numbers.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
Apprentice

Quote:
What do you mean by altered? Your knock sensors are your knock sensors, they detect knock? Our tunes will not create more knock than what you see on a stock car, if any.

I'm asking whether or not your tune alters the sensitivity or spark reduction of the knock sensing system.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post
Thanks Dan.

What do you mean by "highly modified"? I'm assuming any kind of boost or nitrous? But what about bolt-ons? Full exhaust, intake manifold, everything but boost?

Do you have other dyno graphs that are a little easier to read?
Highly modified really applies to anything where you have done more than one or two bolt ons. So if you have just intake/exhaust (cat back) that's slightly modified. If you have that, plus the manifold, plus headers, throttle bodies etc... you start getting in to territory where you need to really tweak your tune to get the most out of it. Things like Boost and forced induction/nitrous cars are another level all together.

As far as the graphs, I'm sorry that's all I have available to me from my tuners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
I'm asking whether or not your tune alters the sensitivity or spark reduction of the knock sensing system.
No it does not.
Rookie

Quote:
To lay it out as simply as I can here's the deal:

The inTune/Trinity do NOT reset Key Counts after a flash

The inTune/Trinity do NOT leave any traces behind that an aftermarket tune was installed

The inTune/Trinity do NOT work the same as "removing the battery" we have trade secrets that allow us to do what we do.

I have been working at DiabloSport for a long time, in all the time that I have supported 11+ Mustangs on the Trinity (2 years) and now the 13s, I have NEVER had an issue with a customer reporting the dealership voided warranty over using our products.

Don't you all think, that if this was the case and we DID void warranties, our forums and others would be riddled with complaints of people saying this had happened? There would be a huge outcry, there would be people screaming and yelling all day long. But there's not, because it does not happen.

You guys will have to trust me, we've figured this out, and while I can't tell you specifically how we do it, we do not leave any traces of footprints in the ECU when you restore the original backup. We've been tuning cars for over 10 years, and if we were leaving traces and voiding warranties every time I doubt we'd have a tuner on the market still

I can't speak for what other brands do, but it sounds like they have spooked you all. We don't have these same issues.
This is exactly the answer I was looking for..I have to admit I was HIGHLY skeptical but I guess I have to trust you on this one. Thanks Dan
GT Member

Just thought I would say that I have been running an Intune and a Airaid CAI. I'm using the Diablo 93 Performance Airaid tune and I love it. The car pulls harder, I get no knock, idle is perfect. I couldn't ask for more.

Thanks again Dan! You've earned a customer for sure!!!

EDIT: In case anyone is confused, the Airaid intake tune in the Intune's software is calibrated to be used WITHOUT THE VENTURI. Yes, you leave the insert out (Max Power! ). I wasn't sure at first, but after surfing the DiabloSport forums a bit I confimed it.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page