DiabloSport Intune Initial Review. - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
The reason most people are switching to the InTune is not the "nice look" but rather the propensity for the SCT tuner to brick a vehicle---do a search of this forum alone and you will see plenty of evidence of that. The InTune is a reasonable alternative and thus far seems to be functioning quite well. As far as the cost is concerned, I think the price will drop as it becomes more popular, but I bought mine from AutoAnything for $280.00 on sale so the deals are out there.

Thanks for the great info! I will research the issue with the SCT. I had not seen the that in the forums and I am about to pull the trigger on a tuner and a CAI. I would gladly pay more for a more reliable product. And I am sure I can find an old micro fiber cloth that I may have thrown in the dryer on high heat and burned the fibers to wrap it up in.

Diablosport it is. Thanks again for the info.

2013 Black GT
JLT Cold Air ~ Bama Tune ~ SR Lowering Springs (1.4" Drop)
MMD Classic Quarter Panel Louvers ~ MMD Side Scoops
Kid seat in the back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinAustinTX View Post
Thanks for the great info! I will research the issue with the SCT. I had not seen the that in the forums and I am about to pull the trigger on a tuner and a CAI. I would gladly pay more for a more reliable product. And I am sure I can find an old micro fiber cloth that I may have thrown in the dryer on high heat and burned the fibers to wrap it up in.

Diablosport it is. Thanks again for the info.
You are most welcome. The main reason I went to the InTune over SCT were the horror stories about vehicle bricking.... No one wants or needs that aggravation!

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
post #108 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinAustinTX View Post
So, was it just the tune that you didn't like about the Intune? If you had the BAMA tunes with the intone, would you have kept it or go with the SC3?

Just trying to see if it is worth the extra money. It is definitely more compact.

Thats a tough call.

I would say which ever is cheaper. My SCT device has worked flawlessly thus far.

The SCT will scan more PIDs than the Intune will due to processor power. You cant get knock or AFR with the Intune. Unless something has changed.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555

post #109 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
You are most welcome. The main reason I went to the InTune over SCT were the horror stories about vehicle bricking.... No one wants or needs that aggravation!

You gotta remember. There is probably a 50:1 ratio versus SCT to Intune on the Mustang market (if not greater). More users means a bigger base for possible failures.

SCT did have a firmware issue that caused the bricking. As long as you do all your updates before you install initially you should be good to go.

The intune did one or two scares for me. The screen would all of a sudden go blank. Luckily it happened at the final stage of flash and everything was fine.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingRedGT View Post
Thats a tough call.

I would say which ever is cheaper. My SCT device has worked flawlessly thus far.

The SCT will scan more PIDs than the Intune will due to processor power. You cant get knock or AFR with the Intune. Unless something has changed.
Thanks for the input. I will look into the PID's as Knock is important to monitor.

2013 Black GT
JLT Cold Air ~ Bama Tune ~ SR Lowering Springs (1.4" Drop)
MMD Classic Quarter Panel Louvers ~ MMD Side Scoops
Kid seat in the back
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nope! No kr or AFR with in tune. They been saying that they were working on it since they announced in tune for the coyote but nothing still. So far because of this it really make data logging with in tune useless when you have a 5 dollar phone ware that does much more. Not really feeling diablo these days

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
Nope! No kr or AFR with in tune. They been saying that they were working on it since they announced in tune for the coyote but nothing still. So far because of this it really make data logging with in tune useless when you have a 5 dollar phone ware that does much more. Not really feeling diablo these days
They have the ability to add these features if they want--- just a firmware upgrade. We as consumers have to make our desires known so they are persuaded to do so... great input guys!!!

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
post #113 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
They have the ability to add these features if they want--- just a firmware upgrade. We as consumers have to make our desires known so they are persuaded to do so... great input guys!!!
Dan himself told me that the intune was not powerful enough. He also said that they were trying to find a way to get it in the PC program for live streaming while driving, which he wasn't even sure they could. If you want the Afr or knock with the in car unit then you need to buy the trinity. That was straight from Dan himself when I bought the unit from the diablosport store front as a beta tester.

The intune in its current hardware form will not be able to do it.

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Dan himself told me that the intune was not powerful enough. He also said that they were trying to find a way to get it in the PC program for live streaming while driving, which he wasn't even sure they could. If you want the Afr or knock with the in car unit then you need to buy the trinity. That was straight from Dan himself when I bought the unit from the diablosport store front as a beta tester.

I wish someone was this honest with me when I decided to go with in tune over SCT. Ask me now how I feel about this whole experience with diablo and all I can say is that I am truly dissapointed. I been having this darn idle issue since day one and I get zero help from diablo. Dan and Shane, look like I will be contacting you guys shortly

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
Rookie

Quote:
I wish someone was this honest with me when I decided to go with in tune over SCT. Ask me now how I feel about this whole experience with diablo and all I can say is that I am truly dissapointed. I been having this darn idle issue since day one and I get zero help from diablo. Dan and Shane, look like I will be contacting you guys shortly
Other than your idle issue are you pleased with the performance gain with the tuner and have you herd of anyone else with this idle issue, or is it somewhat isolated. I seen an intune article in Feb issue of 5.0 mag and it looked really good. That article aided me in the purchase decision. Guess I'll find out soon enough when I get mine. Sigh..

2013 Mustang GT: Sterling Gray - I'll post mods when warranty is up. ;-)
2002 Charcoal Grey GT: UD pullies, steeda springs & shifter, MM subframe, 75mm TB, CAI, tune, 373's, intake plenum, magnaflow exhaust(Replaces the 13 for bad weather)
PONY Member

Quote:

Hmmm, that is interesting and thanks for sharing. I would have assumed that the microprocessor they are using in the InTune would be powerful enough for such upgrades...........well there ya go!

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Even calling them?

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Dan_DiabloSport
Quote:
Dan himself told me that the intune was not powerful enough.
I had said that we are working on it. We've actually made a TON of headway on this in the last couple of months and we're getting ready to release some really cool logging functionality for the inTune on Mustangs very soon. This should include the knock sensors and other options. But remember, the inTune is NOT a gauge device, it's a data logging tool that can be used in hand-held form OR plugged in to your PC. If you're in to the gauges and heads up display style stuff then you want to look at the Trinity.

RacingRedGT I'm sorry to hear that you sold your unit, especially now that BAMA tunes are available for it, you could have gotten all the tunes you needed for your car from them.
Apprentice

Quote:
5Liter Muenster, we are here to help you as we have helped everyone on the forums. If you're having any drivability issues, we are here to work with you with some data logs and just emailing us a tune!
Apprentice

Quote:
5Liter Muenster, we are here to help you as we have helped everyone on the forums. If you're having any drivability issues, we are here to work with you with some data logs and just emailing us a tune!

The reason people recommend us is because we're here to help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page