DiabloSport Intune Initial Review. - Page 9 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
 
Ghipera's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 459
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_DiabloSport View Post
5Liter Muenster, we are here to help you as we have helped everyone on the forums. If you're having any drivability issues, we are here to work with you with some data logs and just emailing us a tune!

The reason people recommend us is because we're here to help!
There was a thread at Diablo forum , where a Mustang owner returned his Intune after 12 revisions and custom tunes. The thread was deleted.

Ghipera is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
mustangkid9234's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Garwood
Posts: 1,884
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghipera View Post
There was a thread at Diablo forum , where a Mustang owner returned his Intune after 12 revisions and custom tunes. The thread was deleted.
Really▪_▪ lol
15char


2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
mustangkid9234 is offline  
post #123 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
RacingRedGT's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 538
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_DiabloSport View Post
I had said that we are working on it. We've actually made a TON of headway on this in the last couple of months and we're getting ready to release some really cool logging functionality for the inTune on Mustangs very soon. This SHOULD include the knock sensors and other options. But remember, the inTune is NOT a gauge device, it's a data logging tool that can be used in hand-held form OR plugged in to your PC. If you're in to the gauges and heads up display style stuff then you want to look at the Trinity.

RacingRedGT I'm sorry to hear that you sold your unit, especially now that BAMA tunes are available for it, you could have gotten all the tunes you needed for your car from them.
Dan, Im pretty sure I made a good choice. I had severe knocking after 4k RPMs with all available tunes on the Intune with 5 revisions from you guys. After each revision there was noticable power loss. Made it kind of pointless anyway. Didnt feel any different than stock, only thing different was Pinging. Its been 7 months since I bought the Intune and Knock and AFR logging is still not available (Bought it in July). Those are very important PIDs to log, especially when I was having trouble with the tunes in the first place. It was close to 5 months after I sold the Intune before BAMA started tuning for it, honestly I probably wouldnt of kept it anyway due to the lack of logging. On a Mustang stickered at 40K when I bought it, I have a better piece of mind owning the SCT.

You guys were pretty helpful at the beginning when I originally had the issue, which I thanked you for. But when it came time to do the 5th tune revision my response time from you guys started getting a little long and I felt like your tuners started to get iritated with my issue. Which was another reason I sold it.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
RacingRedGT is offline  
 
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
mustangkid9234's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Garwood
Posts: 1,884
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingRedGT View Post
Dan, Im pretty sure I made a good choice. I had severe knocking after 4k RPMs with all available tunes on the Intune with 5 revisions from you guys. After each revision there was noticable power loss. Made it kind of pointless anyway. Didnt feel any different than stock, only thing different was Pinging. Its been 7 months since I bought the Intune and Knock and AFR logging is still not available (Bought it in July). Those are very important PIDs to log, especially when I was having trouble with the tunes in the first place. It was close to 5 months after I sold the Intune before BAMA started tuning for it, honestly I probably wouldnt of kept it anyway due to the lack of logging. On a Mustang stickered at 40K when I bought it, I have a better piece of mind owning the SCT.

You guys were pretty helpful at the beginning when I originally had the issue, which I thanked you for. But when it came time to do the 5th tune revision my response time from you guys started getting a little long and I felt like your tuners started to get iritated with my issue. Which was another reason I sold it.
They tuned for trinity so they tuned for intune if im not mistaken

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
mustangkid9234 is offline  
post #125 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member
 
RacingRedGT's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 538
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkid9234 View Post
They tuned for trinity so they tuned for intune if im not mistaken
Tunes were not available to around November/December if I'm not mistaken. Search, there's a bunch of threads about it with people begging BAMA to support it.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
RacingRedGT is offline  
Rookie
 
RichinAustinTX's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 46
 
I have been meaning to write this now for a couple of days.

I took MustangKids advice a couple of days ago and called them to see what was really going on. (That may have sparked Dan getting on the forum) I was told that Knock and AFR are recorded in DataLogs. That is really what I am looking for. I have seen too many issues with SCT on this forum and most of the complaints about the Intune are regarding the Diablosport tunes. These people decided to go with BAMA tunes instead which doesn't matter anymore because you can get a BAMA tune for life with the Intune.

Not trying to convince people. It seems that most people here are on one side or the other. But, for what it is worth, I am going to give the intune with a BAMA tune a try. I will keep updated with my results.

2013 Black GT
JLT Cold Air ~ Bama Tune ~ SR Lowering Springs (1.4" Drop)
MMD Classic Quarter Panel Louvers ~ MMD Side Scoops
Kid seat in the back
RichinAustinTX is offline  
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
mustangkid9234's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Garwood
Posts: 1,884
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinAustinTX View Post
I have been meaning to write this now for a couple of days.

I took MustangKids advice a couple of days ago and called them to see what was really going on. (That may have sparked Dan getting on the forum) I was told that Knock and AFR are recorded in DataLogs. That is really what I am looking for. I have seen too many issues with SCT on this forum and most of the complaints about the Intune are regarding the Diablosport tunes. These people decided to go with BAMA tunes instead which doesn't matter anymore because you can get a BAMA tune for life with the Intune.

Not trying to convince people. It seems that most people here are on one side or the other. But, for what it is worth, I am going to give the intune with a BAMA tune a try. I will keep updated with my results.
I could see "i followed mustang kids advice" on tappatalk and i was crap what did i say and stuff js

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
mustangkid9234 is offline  
Apprentice
 
Dan_DiabloSport's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Delray Beach
Posts: 244
 
Send a message via AIM to Dan_DiabloSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingRedGT View Post

You guys were pretty helpful at the beginning when I originally had the issue, which I thanked you for.
Racing Red we do our best to make sure our customers are happy, but we can't please everyone no matter how hard we try. I understand that you needed your tune to be right. These are reasons that we signed on with Bama- they work with customers day in and day out to make sure their tunes are exactly what the customer want- a custom tune for their mustang.

In our world we have a lot of other things that we have to look at in addition to making tweaks to our customers tunes, things like integrating new PIDS, tool functionality, more adjustable parameters etc...

So with that said, I'm sorry we couldn't make you happy with your tune, but we're continuing to make them better every day and will continue doing so!
Dan_DiabloSport is offline  
Rookie
 
RichinAustinTX's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Austin
Posts: 46
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_DiabloSport View Post
Racing Red we do our best to make sure our customers are happy, but we can't please everyone no matter how hard we try. I understand that you needed your tune to be right. These are reasons that we signed on with Bama- they work with customers day in and day out to make sure their tunes are exactly what the customer want- a custom tune for their mustang.

In our world we have a lot of other things that we have to look at in addition to making tweaks to our customers tunes, things like integrating new PIDS, tool functionality, more adjustable parameters etc...

So with that said, I'm sorry we couldn't make you happy with your tune, but we're continuing to make them better every day and will continue doing so!
Dan, I think this is going to be a good partnership. Most of the members that aren't happy are just moving to BAMA tunes.

2013 Black GT
JLT Cold Air ~ Bama Tune ~ SR Lowering Springs (1.4" Drop)
MMD Classic Quarter Panel Louvers ~ MMD Side Scoops
Kid seat in the back
RichinAustinTX is offline  
Rookie
 
CruuzRR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Wichita Falls
Posts: 27
 
Got mine in the mail today and I have to say I was a bit set back from trouble written in this thread earlier. Didn't get my airaid yet but loaded the intune 91 tune anyway.
Update went smoth as well as loading the tune. Started the car and idle was perfect. Went for some back road testing where there was concrete highway roads for some stop and goes and roll ones. Seat of the pants feel was good with very much noticeable throttle response. Car hooks good on concret road so I could get the best feel with minimal wheelspin. Ran through the rpm without any knock or ping. End result I'm very pleased and relieved.
Would purchase again with my results and once I feel mods exceed the ability of the caned tunes ill contact Bama. I feel bad for anyone that had problems. But I felt compelled to post my results to show that bad results may be a fluke. There isn't to much feedback from others out there from what I seen so I thought I should post mine? Once I get a few more toys I'll head to the dyno but as much as I know that feel can be deceiving, there is no doubt I got noticeable gains and throttle response is perfect. Sorry for the long write up.


2013 Mustang GT: Sterling Gray - I'll post mods when warranty is up. ;-)
2002 Charcoal Grey GT: UD pullies, steeda springs & shifter, MM subframe, 75mm TB, CAI, tune, 373's, intake plenum, magnaflow exhaust(Replaces the 13 for bad weather)
CruuzRR is offline  
Apprentice
 
kwb737's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Sandy,
Posts: 120
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruuzRR View Post
Got mine in the mail today and I have to say I was a bit set back from trouble written in this thread earlier. Didn't get my airaid yet but loaded the intune 91 tune anyway.
Update went smoth as well as loading the tune. Started the car and idle was perfect. Went for some back road testing where there was concrete highway roads for some stop and goes and roll ones. Seat of the pants feel was good with very much noticeable throttle response. Car hooks good on concret road so I could get the best feel with minimal wheelspin. Ran through the rpm without any knock or ping. End result I'm very pleased and relieved.
Would purchase again with my results and once I feel mods exceed the ability of the caned tunes ill contact Bama. I feel bad for anyone that had problems. But I felt compelled to post my results to show that bad results may be a fluke. There isn't to much feedback from others out there from what I seen so I thought I should post mine? Once I get a few more toys I'll head to the dyno but as much as I know that feel can be deceiving, there is no doubt I got noticeable gains and throttle response is perfect. Sorry for the long write up.

Thank you Cruuz! That was the info I personally was hoping to hear.

2013 Mustang Premium GT, 6AT, Deep Impact Blue, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Ford Racing GT500 Axle Backs, Moroso Air/Oil Separator, Airaid SynthaMax Cold Air Intake System, BBK 85mm Throttle Body, Accel Ignition Coil kit, Bama 92 Octane Performance Tune, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Ford Racing Boss 302 Prepainted Coil Covers, Steeda Engraved Hood Struts
kwb737 is offline  
Apprentice
 
kwb737's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Sandy,
Posts: 120
 
Thank you Cruuz! That was the info I personally was hoping to hear.:smilie

2013 Mustang Premium GT, 6AT, Deep Impact Blue, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Ford Racing GT500 Axle Backs, Moroso Air/Oil Separator, Airaid SynthaMax Cold Air Intake System, BBK 85mm Throttle Body, Accel Ignition Coil kit, Bama 92 Octane Performance Tune, SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, Ford Racing Boss 302 Prepainted Coil Covers, Steeda Engraved Hood Struts
kwb737 is offline  
Rookie
 
CruuzRR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Wichita Falls
Posts: 27
 
Update in intune install. Got my Airaid today, installed it and loaded the 91 cai tune. Then I did the idle calibration upon first startup and the idle is even at a better rpm than before, when I did tune install without idle relearn. Before it was a little low I say around 600 rpm but after latest install and relearn is steady at 750 rpm.
I must say my 02 gt nor my 2010 challenger r/t didn't respond this good to a tune and cai. Even my wife went for a ride and said my next mod to install is going to have to be a barf bag cause the butter flies it gave her. Ha friggen ha! Couldn't be more pleased.

2013 Sterling Gray GT

2013 Mustang GT: Sterling Gray - I'll post mods when warranty is up. ;-)
2002 Charcoal Grey GT: UD pullies, steeda springs & shifter, MM subframe, 75mm TB, CAI, tune, 373's, intake plenum, magnaflow exhaust(Replaces the 13 for bad weather)
CruuzRR is offline  
PONY Member
 
Ghipera's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 459
 
Suspiciously low post count. Just saying.
Ghipera is offline  
Rookie
 
CruuzRR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Wichita Falls
Posts: 27
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghipera View Post
Suspiciously low post count. Just saying.
I had a feeling someone would come out of the wood work and say that. But that is ok. No I'm not a diablo plant. A little background on me I do have a 02 gt bought brand new with 100k miles, kind of a garage queen now. About 5 months ago I got the 13 5.0 after getting burned on my 2010 dodge challenger r/t after the timing chain broke and got stiffed with the 5.5k repair bill. Car never came home. I had the 13 picked up after I got my car back from the repairs. Under the same name at challengertalk.com in the challenger issues and problems section there is a thread called timing chain failures on the dodge challenger. My post starts on page 115 or 113 I believe and on pages that follows I tell that community about getting the 5.0. I waited the longest time of any vehicle before making any changes due to getting burned by dodge but I finally gave in. On that post you can see timing chains been breaking on the 5.7 hemi motors at an alarming rate between 25 and 40 thousand miles and taking the engine with it. It is up to over 290 pages now. It is with the auto's with MDS. I'm on svtperformance forum to and under my same name I have a pic of my 2 stangs. I'm legit. :-). Just haven't posted on a stang forum until I was itching to start making changes to my car. Lurking for a while though.


2013 Mustang GT: Sterling Gray - I'll post mods when warranty is up. ;-)
2002 Charcoal Grey GT: UD pullies, steeda springs & shifter, MM subframe, 75mm TB, CAI, tune, 373's, intake plenum, magnaflow exhaust(Replaces the 13 for bad weather)

Last edited by CruuzRR; 02-07-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Spelling
CruuzRR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1