2013 Mustang GT w/ Track Pack and transmission problems - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankeene View Post
After reading these threads in will be getting me an automatic GT. I'm still gonna drive the RT challenger manual before I decide. 90 percent decided on the stang but I still like the look of that challenger. I know, not as fast and heavy. But tremec manual and good looks.
I test drove a 13 gt and it locked me out of 3rd. Drove the auto gt and it ran good, the frpp tune will improve responce and keep a warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Just ordered a new Challenger with the Tremec to replace the Stang. I've driven the automatic Mustang many times and it's a boring ride vs the stick.

LEMONED MT82: 2013 Mustang GT Premium, Sterling Gray, Brembo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Don't give up yet. I own a 2013 GT Prem. with the track package. It shifts great, very quite, smooth and even when i'm shifting at 4800- 6200 RPMs. Never grinding or shift lock out. Everything is still stock and 3,400 miles on it. I ordered her in April and received her May 16th. I took a video with my Iphone and noisiest thing it recorded was the turn signals. You can hear the engine just like you would want too also. 17-20 mpg in town, 21-23 mpg hwy.

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
Watched some YouTube videos of this last night. That would suck if it was like a grind notchy box. Not good. Maybe ford should take some lessons from GM. My old GTO w a gmm shifter was money. Smooth as silk and solid. I still want to drive a manual 2011+ gt. I have driven a 2011 gt 500 and it seemed good to me. That and my 06 focus shifts like a dream. Very easy car to drive
All yours if your in Evansville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaty08 View Post
Saaaaaaame sheet man.
That SUX to hear Chris...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling2013GT View Post
Just ordered a new Challenger with the Tremec to replace the Stang. I've driven the automatic Mustang many times and it's a boring ride vs the stick.
I've always liked the looks of the challenger, just not me.... Best of Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlGtPrem013 View Post
Don't give up yet. I own a 2013 GT Prem. with the track package. It shifts great, very quite, smooth and even when i'm shifting at 4800- 6200 RPMs. Never grinding or shift lock out. Everything is still stock and 3,400 miles on it. I ordered her in April and received her May 16th. I took a video with my Iphone and noisiest thing it recorded was the turn signals. You can hear the engine just like you would want too also. 17-20 mpg in town, 21-23 mpg hwy.
Awesome! If I were you, I'd enjoy every minute of it, not that anything will happen to yours, but mine was like that for the first year and 10k miles, wishing you many more trouble free miles.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Rookie

I have a DIB M6 with 440 miles.. Its as quite as it gets but ive started looking into selling it and getting back into a 03-04 cobra..
I think if you need your tranny replaced Ford should let you upgrade to the Magnum and pay the diff in price between the MT82 and the Magnum.

Its ashame they charge what they do and go cheap on some parts.. I mean hell even back in 03 they knew to use a tremec tranny in the 390 hp cobras....
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
All yours if your in Evansville.

That SUX to hear Chris...

I've always liked the looks of the challenger, just not me.... Best of Luck.

Awesome! If I were you, I'd enjoy every minute of it, not that anything will happen to yours, but mine was like that for the first year and 10k miles, wishing you many more trouble free miles.
Thanks man, for being one of the few here that understands how much BS Ford can deal out..

2011 5.0 Sterling Grey w/Brembo's - JHR Shifter/Bracket/SS Clutch Line - Eibach Sportlines - Carroll Shelby CC Plates - JLT Catch - Axle-back ex. - BG SS II
Rookie

Good luck with whatever car you deceide to get. I believe all car companies have a percentage of quirks and screw ups with their cars and trucks , but I also think they should stand behind what they sell. They should fix it, replace it or give a refund. Negative feed back from unhappy customers cost more in long run than a new transmission. Any business must be held accountble.
post #112 of 117 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

So Ford finally gave me a new tranny. Fixed some of the new problems but came with some brand new ones. A few days after I got the new transmission, I was making a left while "getting on it." I shifted into 3rd at about 5k rpm and after about 20 feet BANG!!! I thought that I blew the engine or something. Seriously sounded like a gun shot. I realized that it had popped out of gear. Scared the crap out of me so I drove extremely cautious the rest of the way to work. After getting off the freeway, I shifted into third and the shifter started going in and out of gear like my car was possessed by the devil. No idea how it happened or how to recreate it. Called Ford and they said to meet up with an engineer. Its been a week and no word. It hasn't popped out of gear again but all the noise that was fixed after the new tranny is back and it is now hard to shift once again. Ugh. This is not fun. I think the only solution might be to have them put in a tremac and single piece driveshaft like in the GT500. This T82 is the worst.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013MustangGT50 View Post
So Ford finally gave me a new tranny. Fixed some of the new problems but came with some brand new ones. A few days after I got the new transmission, I was making a left while "getting on it." I shifted into 3rd at about 5k rpm and after about 20 feet BANG!!! I thought that I blew the engine or something. Seriously sounded like a gun shot. I realized that it had popped out of gear. Scared the crap out of me so I drove extremely cautious the rest of the way to work. After getting off the freeway, I shifted into third and the shifter started going in and out of gear like my car was possessed by the devil. No idea how it happened or how to recreate it. Called Ford and they said to meet up with an engineer. Its been a week and no word. It hasn't popped out of gear again but all the noise that was fixed after the new tranny is back and it is now hard to shift once again. Ugh. This is not fun. I think the only solution might be to have them put in a tremac and single piece driveshaft like in the GT500. This T82 is the worst.
Man. I feel really bad for you man. I hope Ford takes care of you. You get a new car and you don't expect these kind of issues. There is something wrong with the MT82. Whether it be the assembly or the transmission itself. That's why I got the Auto. I have other issues but no engine or tranny issues. From all the research I've done.....it comes down to luck. Some are lucky to get a good tranny and others are not. That tranny better not be in the 2015 model. Best of luck man.

2012 automatic black Mustang 5.0, the most basic model LOL.
Apprentice

wow this thread is scaring the hell out of me! I've had my 13 track pack for almost 6 weeks and have 2200 miles on it. everything is fine so far........................

2013 GT TrackPack Sterling Grey ordered 29 May 12
Build Date 14 August
ETA 19 August 2nd ETA 26 August
arrived 20 August
FRPP ProCal tune, GT 500 spoiler and axelbacks, dealer installed leather, clear bra, tinted windows. Koni Yellow shocks and struts and Steeda Sport springs.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Although I never had grinding issue or lockout issue unless it was my fault of course I did have tons of noise issue. Dump truck blender noise and a noise that sounded like someone blowing through a big slurpee straw that was coming from behind the radio when I accelerate in 1st and 3rd gear. Well...I hit over 2500 miles and surprisingly, the noise have subdued. I still hear the noise every once in awhile but is not as loud or as frequent. I can now live with it but before I didn't know what I was going to do, but what made it even worst is that I never expected anything like this from a brand new 2013 vehicle. You would think ford might of got their act together and fixed the problems that's been known since MT82 came in the stangs. This will be my first and my last MT82 equipped vehicle. I plan to maybe go with 2015 model year but ford better use a different manual. If is the same you better believe this will be my last stang.

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LITER_MUENSTER View Post
I plan to maybe go with 2015 model year but ford better use a different manual.
Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
If you like your 13 and your trans takes a dump why not just put a tremec conversion in it. You could do that for a lot less than the big loss you would take trading cars after a few years.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013MustangGT50 View Post
So Ford finally gave me a new tranny. Fixed some of the new problems but came with some brand new ones. A few days after I got the new transmission, I was making a left while "getting on it." I shifted into 3rd at about 5k rpm and after about 20 feet BANG!!! I thought that I blew the engine or something. Seriously sounded like a gun shot. I realized that it had popped out of gear.
Please stay in contact with your CSM regarding this, 2013MustangGT50.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page