$1600 for BBK LTH and O/R X-Pipe Installed? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

$1600 for BBK LTH and O/R X-Pipe Installed?

I got a quote today for BBK Ceramic coated LTH's and an off road x-pipe for a 5.0. They quoted me $1600 for the headers, x-pipe, and installation including tax. Does this price seem fair enough?

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Unless that includes a custom tune that is high, turns into a $700 install. You can get the LT's and X at American Muscle fo $900 before our discount. Install prices will vary but should be around $400 give or take.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
PONY Member

The local mustang "specialty" shop here told me $2500 for the same work w/o a tune, to which I said no thanks, but I'd pay $1600 in a second for parts and install.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
Apprentice

My shop works only on Mustangs and charges $650 for headers and x-pipe installs.

2013 Premium GT/CS 6MT, ProCharger P1 Stage 2, ID1000 injectors, Autometer and 2 Aeroforce Interceptor gauges, SOS A-pillar, Whiteline positive shift kit, 3.73 gears, Kooks headers and catted X-pipe, Lethal engine mounts, Barton 2 post bracket, GT500 shift knob and boot, GT-500 axle backs, Eibach Pro's, Steeda panhard, AMR 19x8.5/9.5 wheels w/GT's, shorty ant, HERTZ- HDP5 amp and Hi Energy 6.5's/Audison Bit 10-D EQ/Audiomobile 12" with custom enclosure
606/505 SAE
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtial View Post
My shop works only on Mustangs and charges $650 for headers and x-pipe installs.
I see in your sig you say you did the clutch assist spring removal what problem were you having before this and did it help?

Shawn
Toys:
1986 Buick Regal ttype,Too many mods to list.
10 second street ride W/AC
2013 GHIG GT stick HIS FRPP procal 393 RWHP 373 RWTQ
2002 gt premium vert auto HERS
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012
GT Member

From everything I've read, $1600 for everything (including install) is a fair deal . . . though not a steal.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012
PONY Member

Price is good and you wont have to worry about leaks and loose parts. Dont use extensions - they can detach the harness from the upper tranny bolt and wiggle it down. good price and enjoy - it'll be a whole new car for you. The throttle response improvement was worth every penny. Good thing you already have better tires. A mail order tune will work but have it checked. My steeds tune was perfect if not a bit conservative - 420whp/400wtq in hot August humid weather. I had Brenspeed check a/f ratios and dyno. Some tuners get higher numbers but be careful what you ask for. Bama should be okay and I think most know the limits of the tuning now...

2011 5.0 GT 3.55 gears, Candy Apple, Steeda CAI and SCT Tune,Steeda Control Arms, LCA Relocation Bracket, Pan Hard Bar and Brace, Ultra Light Springs, 3rd Link, Camber Plates, Tokico D-Spec Struts/Shocks, Shifter, Barton Shifter Bushing, Flowmaster hush power. Steeda 18X9 Chrome Pentar/Nitto NT05 275/40/18. BBK long tubes and OR xpipe

2005 F150 SXT, OX Locker, 4.10 gears, Edge CS Tuner, 33x10 AT, K&N FIPK, Gibson Exhaust.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. When they first told me $1600 I honestly thought it was a little on the low side being that I live on Long Island and everything seems to be more expensive. I really trust the people at this shop and I wouldn't go anywhere else. The owner actually used to be the head tech at Steeda

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page