(2011-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation) - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I just had the same issue while driving to my parents to eat after work. I was slow to shift out of second and sat at cruise a 4000 rpms for about 10 seconds and CEL started flashing(immediately I clutched in and shifted to 4th) for about 10-15 seconds. After we ate I started to read about other people having this issue so on the way home I tried to replicate the problem and held a 4000 rpm cruise in 2nd gear for about 5 seconds and has same flashing CEL. Only this time, the light stayed on. I assume when the computer sees the same issue during a certain time frame it lights a solid CEL to indicate service needed. Deysha, can you help? I assume I shouldn't drive it but to the dealer?

Just for reference, the car has not been very smooth on cold morning starts since the second day I owned it. But I just chalked that up to being a normal characteristic. This characteristic didn't change at all after axleback and after cat xpipe install.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
| GT500 Axleback | Magnaflow Tru-X after cat xpipe | Koni Sports | Steeda Sports linear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTFudge View Post
Forward your info to Deysha to have this escalated. My dealer escalated my case back in August. Looks like the techs and engineers have figured out the programming issues. A new PCM was installed on Friday. I've done 300 miles so far and haven't had a CEL flash.
Thanks for the mention, DubyaTFudge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightballrj View Post
I just had the same issue while driving to my parents to eat after work. I was slow to shift out of second and sat at cruise a 4000 rpms for about 10 seconds and CEL started flashing(immediately I clutched in and shifted to 4th) for about 10-15 seconds. After we ate I started to read about other people having this issue so on the way home I tried to replicate the problem and held a 4000 rpm cruise in 2nd gear for about 5 seconds and has same flashing CEL. Only this time, the light stayed on. I assume when the computer sees the same issue during a certain time frame it lights a solid CEL to indicate service needed. Deysha, can you help? I assume I shouldn't drive it but to the dealer?

Just for reference, the car has not been very smooth on cold morning starts since the second day I owned it. But I just chalked that up to being a normal characteristic. This characteristic didn't change at all after axleback and after cat xpipe install.
Please make an appointment with your Ford dealer for diagnosis (include test drive with the tech to recreate the concern). Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it for you, Eightballrj.

Deysha

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Please make an appointment with your Ford dealer for diagnosis (include test drive with the tech to recreate the concern). Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it for you, Eightballrj.

Deysha
Deysha,
I just left you the PM. I have discussed with a person in service about bringing my car in to the dealer tonight and leaving it on the night drop so they can diagnose it tomorrow. I will give them an exact description of what caused the CEL to light and flash. Do you suggest clearing the codes and then trying to recreate the event on video?

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
| GT500 Axleback | Magnaflow Tru-X after cat xpipe | Koni Sports | Steeda Sports linear

GT Member

I have been reading on numerous mustang sites about 2013's having their check engine lights coming on. Ford certainly changed something in the ECU on the 13's.

Can't remember what site I was on, but a guy mentioned there is a TSB on its way for the 2013 5.0's because of these problems. Who knows if that is true or not but there is something going on with the 13's....

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
FordService

Quote:
Deysha,
I just left you the PM. I have discussed with a person in service about bringing my car in to the dealer tonight and leaving it on the night drop so they can diagnose it tomorrow. I will give them an exact description of what caused the CEL to light and flash. Do you suggest clearing the codes and then trying to recreate the event on video?
Donít clear the codes, Eightballrj. Iíll get back to your PM as soon as possible.

Deysha
Apprentice

Ok thanks! The car is at the dealer's night drop. I will update everyone when I hear from them.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Apprentice

Dealer says car is ready. Something about reflashing the ECU and resetting the misfire counter? Anyway, when I see the ticket, I'll let ya know.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
I have been reading on numerous mustang sites about 2013's having their check engine lights coming on. Ford certainly changed something in the ECU on the 13's.

Can't remember what site I was on, but a guy mentioned there is a TSB on its way for the 2013 5.0's because of these problems. Who knows if that is true or not but there is something going on with the 13's....
That was S197forum and it was anything but confirmed. Manufacturers update ECU software all the time and it hardly ever makes it into a technical bulletin.

OP, I'm interested to hear what changes the service department made for your issues.
Apprentice

From the invoice:

CUST STATES CHECK ENGIN LIGHT FLASHED FOR 10-15 SEC WHILE CRUISING AT 4000 RPM IN SECOND GEAR, LIGHT ON SOLID NOW
--
VERIFIED CONCERN BY RUNNING EEC TEST FOUND DTC CODE P0300 RANDOM MISFIRE DETECTED. MONITORED POWER BALANCE FOUND NO ISSUES LOOK AT MODE 6 DATA. RERAN SELF TEST CLEARED CODE RESET KAM AND PERFORMED MISFIRE MONITOR NEUTRAL CORRECTION. ROAD TESTED VEHICLE FOUND NO PROBLEMS RERAN EEC TEST CHECK FOR CODES OR PROBLEMS NONE WAS FOUND

Picked car up from dealership last night, let it get to operating temp, again tried to replicate problem, this time in 4th gear at 4000 rpms, CEL flashing... Drove from dealership to dinner. After dinner drove back to dealership replicating problem again at 4000rpms in 4th gear (on highway these times) and got it on video this time. The second drive last night, the CEL didn't flash, it just lit solid while doing the same thing that caused it to flash last time.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Apprentice

Let me say, my dealership service guys are very courteous and seemed very concerned to get my car right. I'm happy with them so far. I have no doubt that the test drive did not show the CEL flashing issue. It took me 3 tries to get it to happen after dinner, last night. I would just love to know what the actual fix for this is so they don't just keep trying things and me have to drive an hour to the dealership every time to see if it is fixed(I don't trust my dealer in town, salesman told me since I didn't buy my car from him that I better not bring my car in to service...).

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
FordService

Quote:
Let me say, my dealership service guys are very courteous and seemed very concerned to get my car right. I'm happy with them so far. I have no doubt that the test drive did not show the CEL flashing issue. It took me 3 tries to get it to happen after dinner, last night. I would just love to know what the actual fix for this is so they don't just keep trying things and me have to drive an hour to the dealership every time to see if it is fixed(I don't trust my dealer in town, salesman told me since I didn't buy my car from him that I better not bring my car in to service...).
Would you like me to escalate it now so we can help, Eightballrj?

Deysha
Apprentice

I would really appreciate it Deysha! I hope it being escalated doesn't reflect badly on the service dept of the dealership. If there is a way to avoid that with the escalation, I would like to note that I am very happy with their service, very nice folks! Do I need to let the dealer know that it is being escalated?

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
FordService

Quote:
I would really appreciate it Deysha! I hope it being escalated doesn't reflect badly on the service dept of the dealership. If there is a way to avoid that with the escalation, I would like to note that I am very happy with their service, very nice folks! Do I need to let the dealer know that it is being escalated?
No worries, Eightballrj. Iíll make sure to add those kudos in my documentation. Iíll get back to you in a little while.

Deysha
Apprentice

Fantastic, thanks Deysha!

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked400ex View Post
Try this...

A Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction will need to be learned. Use the scan tool to perform the Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction procedure. From the IDS toolbox select:
  • Powertrain
  • Service Functions
  • Misfire Monitor Neutral Profile Correction
  • Follow prompts
Hmmm... I just posted on a (revived here) thread regarding the FRPP ProCal tune. Today is the first time I had 'misfire' show up on the unit's DTC. I wonder if the above procedure is 'safe' to try with this tune? Or if it'll do any good? I never had any CEL's at ALL in 8000 miles, before the tune - in fact, WITH the tune - until this morning.

I'm not pulling the 'panic alarm' though. These coyotes run on the 'bleeding edge' of the envelope, even in stock trim as it is.
I'm glad there's enough 'technology' built into the CPU to prevent any catastrophic damage - so far, for all, but the 0.002% of us...

More investigation needed...

2013 GT Premium - DIB | 6MT | 3.73 | Brembo and Suspension Package | HID | Security Package |
GT500 AB (SVT Sport) | FRPP Pro Cal tune

Previous:
2006 Red Monte Carlo SS (traded for the new GT 5.0)
1993 Red Stang LX | 5.0 | 5MT | Hatch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page