(2011-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation) - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxIsBackIn5.0 View Post
Hmmm... I just posted on a (revived here) thread regarding the FRPP ProCal tune. Today is the first time I had 'misfire' show up on the unit's DTC. I wonder if the above procedure is 'safe' to try with this tune? Or if it'll do any good? I never had any CEL's at ALL in 8000 miles, before the tune - in fact, WITH the tune - until this morning.

I'm not pulling the 'panic alarm' though. These coyotes run on the 'bleeding edge' of the envelope, even in stock trim as it is.
I'm glad there's enough 'technology' built into the CPU to prevent any catastrophic damage - so far, for all, but the 0.002% of us...

More investigation needed...
Max, I can't say how your car will react, but this procedure is what my dealer tried first (see earlier in this thread) and it didn't help.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
| GT500 Axleback | Magnaflow Tru-X after cat xpipe | Koni Sports | Steeda Sports linear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

These engines arent on the "edge" of anything. You read what Ford said on their warranty tsb and believed it apparently. No company designs a motor to within an inch of its life stock, then releases a factory backed tune for more power if it really was a fine line.

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightballrj View Post
Fantastic, thanks Deysha!
No problem, Eightballrj.

Deysha

Rookie

Quote:
Let me say, my dealership service guys are very courteous and seemed very concerned to get my car right. I'm happy with them so far. I have no doubt that the test drive did not show the CEL flashing issue. It took me 3 tries to get it to happen after dinner, last night. I would just love to know what the actual fix for this is so they don't just keep trying things and me have to drive an hour to the dealership every time to see if it is fixed(I don't trust my dealer in town, salesman told me since I didn't buy my car from him that I better not bring my car in to service...).
My dealer did the CPS relearn and replaced the crank sensor, but still flashed. An engineer took some data logs and came back after a couple of weeks and installed a new PCM. It's been good for the last 500 miles.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTFudge View Post
My dealer did the CPS relearn and replaced the crank sensor, but still flashed. An engineer took some data logs and came back after a couple of weeks and installed a new PCM. It's been good for the last 500 miles.
Hey can you post exactly what your service invoice said so I can tell my dealer? Thanks!

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
| GT500 Axleback | Magnaflow Tru-X after cat xpipe | Koni Sports | Steeda Sports linear
Rookie

I'm having similar CEL issues on my new 2013 5.0 and the dealership seems pretty clueless on how to fix it. Is the general consensus that Ford is working on it and we have to wait until they release a fix for this problem or have some of ya'll had this problem resolved?

Do we think it is just a computer issue and does not harm the vehicle to drive it? Or should I avoid driving it?
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFootball View Post
I'm having similar CEL issues on my new 2013 5.0 and the dealership seems pretty clueless on how to fix it. Is the general consensus that Ford is working on it and we have to wait until they release a fix for this problem or have some of ya'll had this problem resolved?

Do we think it is just a computer issue and does not harm the vehicle to drive it? Or should I avoid driving it?
Hi JohnnyFootball,

My name is Deysha with Ford Service and Id like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area as well. Please, make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your mileage, VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Apprentice

Well, dealer called me and said the car is ready again. They apparently changed out two plugs because those were the cylinders that seemed to keep coming up on the misfire monitor then they drove it for like 20 miles trying to get it to repeat the problem and couldn't get it to happen. The service manager and the service writer did the test drive and they replicated my video that I gave them to show how I got it to show the issue.

Dubya, I got your PM and I appreciate it. If this doesn't work, I will let them know that. Thanks again!

Deysha, I will keep you posted as to what happens.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Apprentice

Second time I've driven an hour to Jackson to pick up my car and it's still not fixed. This sounds like an illusive fix. Ford needs to get involved quickly to save all of the 2013 owners from losing confidence in their brand new cars. I'm still convinced the service dept is doing their best but they don't have the proper tools to fix this if it is a replace the ECU with a doctored ECU fix.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Apprentice

Forgot to note that the car has actually started physically feeling like it is missing and stumbling while the CEL is flashing. Then after I shifted into 6th car keeps stuttering for about 10 seconds and then all of the sudden stops and runs right.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Apprentice

Video from tonight:
http://youtu.be/pwija_5a20U

Video from last time I came:
http://youtu.be/laoT6yYsHk4

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Rookie

Deysha,

If you escalate this for Eightballrj, would it be possible for them to reference my case? Sounds exactly like what my car was doing and may require the same fix action. I can PM you the case number if you need it.
FordService

Quote:
Well, dealer called me and said the car is ready again. They apparently changed out two plugs because those were the cylinders that seemed to keep coming up on the misfire monitor then they drove it for like 20 miles trying to get it to repeat the problem and couldn't get it to happen.
Deysha, I will keep you posted as to what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTFudge View Post
Deysha,
If you escalate this for Eightballrj, would it be possible for them to reference my case? Sounds exactly like what my car was doing and may require the same fix action. I can PM you the case number if you need it.
Please, make sure both of you stay in contact with your CSMs until this is resolved. DubyaTFudge, yours has been trying to get a hold of you.

Deysha
GT Member

So what is going on with all of these 13's? The 11 & 12's do not have this problem.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Please, make sure both of you stay in contact with your CSMs until this is resolved. DubyaTFudge, yours has been trying to get a hold of you.

Deysha
I talked to my CSM this morning. I'm hoping that Ford can connect the issue on the two cars (Dubya and mine) and get that same engineer's knowledge to fix mine too

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page