(2011-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation) - Page 45 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

CEL Again

I originally posted back in November and was unable to replicate the problem for the dealer. Most recently I was able to recreate and take the car into the Ford dealership. Upon diagnosis, the O ring was installed and the relearn program was done. My question is this, I have had the car back just one day and it is noticeably not as responsive on the throttle compared to before the relearn was done. Is this something to expect or did the dealer throttle the system back?

Any insight would be helpful,
Tim

PS. The dealer noticed I had a leaking pinion seal and R&R ( again another common problem on 8.8's)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

So what seems to be the most common fix here? Crank sensor/o-ring? Crank relearn? Would be nice to see an example of "X fixed Y amount of peoples issues" etc etc since this is such a big issue

Rookie

Having the same issue with my 2012 GT manual transmission and i am having the same issue... Random misfire code when rpms are held above 3k as well as cylinder 4 misfire. Any info on what is causing this? i have read through the forum and cant seem to find anything promising.. I have replaced the spark plug and have tried switching the coil to another cylinder. problem still persists. When i bought the car, it had a spun rod bearing. We pulled the engine, straightened the crank and put a new rod in ass well as oversized rod bearings. Could this possibly be a ground issue? All work was done by me and my father who is a mechanic (except the straightening and machining of the crank).

Rookie

Just had the o-ring replaced in my 12 GT manual. We'll see how it goes
Rookie

Im new to forums hello all . I am having same issue. Bought my 2014 5.0 ,6 months ago 28 thousand miles now has 32 thousand and third time my check engine light came on. first time just light miss fire code ,dealer cleared sent me on my way. Second was traction control light and loss of power getting on Highway normal driving on way home from work. Third time on way home from work same on ramp same spot as trac light flashing issue,this time flashing check engine light pulled over shut off hoping it would be okay . Light stayed on so i drove to next exit got off turned off hoping agin it was okay ,still on . I have an appointment set up week from now. Does this fall under fords factory warranty? I love mustangs and the 5.0 is amazing but im very disappointed and discouraged at moment. Im not rich and already paying a steep payment. Has ford found a solution? Any advice?
Rookie

Dealer came through

Dealer fixed me up ,crank sensor o ring replaced

stangdriver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page