(2011-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation) - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albeeno View Post
Deysha,

I did PM you the other day and wanted to make sure that you received it. Ialso wanted to see if there was any additional info that you require. I want to be clear that I have no issues/complaints/problems, etc. with my dealer. They are terrific and always do a fantastic job! Please let me know ASAP!
I got it, Albeeno. Iíll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member

[QUOTE=DubyaTFudge;3276749]Nope. Only Shell 93 or Exxon 93.

Thanks Dubya. I'll keep you all posted on my Mustang. 1,560 miles and, so far, no flashing or steady CEL.

Dave USAF (Ret)
2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Comfort Pkg., Red Candy, Saddle Leather, 6 MT, 3.31s Build date: 20120808, Purchase date: 20121009, Mods: GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Redline Hood Struts
Apprentice

The CEL flashed on my way to lunch today... Unfortunately, I will be making the trip to the dealer for the FOURTH time to get this fixed. My service director said that he will be talking to the district engineer to see if he can help.

I told the service director that even though I am not upset with them and their service, I just can't keep having to bring my brand new car in for the same problem. I told him that if they can't fix it this time that we need to begin looking into getting me another car. Ford needs to send a TSB out to the dealers ASAP for this fix so other customers aren't disgruntled at dealers just be taking shots in the "dark" (I know about the hotline, but they weren't involved until the third service visit and then basically were of no help) when it seems entirely possible that engineering has the fix for the issue.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
| GT500 Axleback | Magnaflow Tru-X after cat xpipe | Koni Sports | Steeda Sports linear

old_goat

Just a quick suggestion to those having these problems, why don't you guys post your build date somewhere in this thread to see if maybe there is something or some gremlin that may have popped up in a certain batch of cars built within some time frame.

I sent a PM to Deysha as a suggestion to see if this could narrow down the cars built within a certain window that may be having these problems.

Here is a post on a blog on how to find your build date from your window sticker.
Get Ford Build Date from Window Sticker

I'm lucky that so far I haven't had this problem, but I wish my fellow 2013 Mustang owners the best in finding a quick solution to this problem.
post #80 of 666 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

my build date is 06/11/2012

2018 GT, PP, A10
2016 ScatPack Challenger( sold)
2013 GHIG premium, Auto (gone)
2013 Deep impact blue GT w/Track pack (gone)
2011 Kona Blue GT auto, Saddle interior (gone)
2010 Camaro SS (gone)

When the boogy man goes to bed at night he checks the closet for Chuck Norris
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightballrj View Post
The CEL flashed on my way to lunch today... Unfortunately, I will be making the trip to the dealer for the FOURTH time to get this fixed. My service director said that he will be talking to the district engineer to see if he can help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_goat View Post
Just a quick suggestion to those having these problems, why don't you guys post your build date somewhere in this thread to see if maybe there is something or some gremlin that may have popped up in a certain batch of cars built within some time frame.
I sent a PM to Deysha as a suggestion to see if this could narrow down the cars built within a certain window that may be having these problems.
Iím working closely with your CSMs, and engineering to get this looked into, guys.

Deysha
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Iím working closely with your CSMs, and engineering to get this looked into, guys.

Deysha
Thanks! Dropping the car off this morning after my job interview. I'll keep everyone posted.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
| GT500 Axleback | Magnaflow Tru-X after cat xpipe | Koni Sports | Steeda Sports linear
Rookie

I took my car to the dealership to get the CEL flash checked and yeah it showed an abnormal error code that didn't prove that anything was failing and then the car was cleared. My honest opinion; I think the chances are increased to get the misfire if you run 87 octane and try to accelerate harder than normal on a cold morning before the car can really warm-up. Hey its not a car, its a MUSTANG! I guess it needs to stretch in the morning like the rest of us...

2006 V6 Mustang Conv Auto - RIP
2008 V6 Mustang Coupe Auto - Traded
2013 V8 Mustang GT Coupe MT - Current
-----Base PKG w/Brembo's

FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightballrj View Post
Thanks! Dropping the car off this morning after my job interview. I'll keep everyone posted.
You're welcome and good luck on the job interview, Eightballrj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley0785 View Post
I took my car to the dealership to get the CEL flash checked and yeah it showed an abnormal error code that didn't prove that anything was failing and then the car was cleared. My honest opinion; I think the chances are increased to get the misfire if you run 87 octane and try to accelerate harder than normal on a cold morning before the car can really warm-up. Hey its not a car, its a MUSTANG! I guess it needs to stretch in the morning like the rest of us...
Make sure you let your CSM know if this happens again, Riley0785.

Deysha
Rookie

[quote=2013 GT 5.0;3277073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTFudge View Post
Nope. Only Shell 93 or Exxon 93.

Thanks Dubya. I'll keep you all posted on my Mustang. 1,560 miles and, so far, no flashing or steady CEL.
Lucky! My first CEL flashed around the 300 mark.
post #86 of 666 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley0785 View Post

I have run nothing but premium in my car since day one and i am the ONLY person that drives the car.

2018 GT, PP, A10
2016 ScatPack Challenger( sold)
2013 GHIG premium, Auto (gone)
2013 Deep impact blue GT w/Track pack (gone)
2011 Kona Blue GT auto, Saddle interior (gone)
2010 Camaro SS (gone)

When the boogy man goes to bed at night he checks the closet for Chuck Norris
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Menace View Post
I have run nothing but premium in my car since day one and i am the ONLY person that drives the car.
The funny thing is, when I bought the car it came pre-filled with something that resembled fuel by the dealership. I personally (naively) filled up a second time with 87 after that first tank ran dry and then that night I read the manual and decided that from then on I'll go with the 91 or higher since it is "Recommended" in the manual.

Besides, a dealership will more than likely charge ya the premium price and give ya the basic stuff for initial top-off and keep the profit... Yep, that's my final answer!

2006 V6 Mustang Conv Auto - RIP
2008 V6 Mustang Coupe Auto - Traded
2013 V8 Mustang GT Coupe MT - Current
-----Base PKG w/Brembo's

Rookie

Not just 2013 !!!

NO WAY!!! some actual progress on this issue maybe? I hate to burst bubbles, but it's not just 2013s, Been happening on my 2012 GT M/T since I got it 13 months ago (2012 Mustang check engine - YouTube) and here is a video of it happening on a 2011 (2011 Mustang GT Intermittent Flashing Check Engine Light - YouTube)...

Started when it was practically a day old, around 200 miles I decided I needed to take it in after discussing it on the phone with the dealership a few times, no luck, couldn't duplicate. Took it to another dealership, no luck... finally said F* it, got a custom tune by steeda, their CAI, then added pype's resonators... still happened. Octane doesn't help (93 hear), only driving it like a granny prevents it.

So, I brought it in yet again and then they refused to even look at it b/c I had a CAI and tune. They printed off the TSB saying I pretty much voided my warranty and handed it to me, LOL! Even though it was documented happening before it was installed, they never replicated it so he said Ford won't even consider it and to not try anymore... I just laughed at him

Can't wait to see some progress on this so I can go get mine fixed! (just went over 10k miles), also when mine kicks in often my engine bogs bad, almost got in an accident when it did it once while pulling on to 95 on the on-ramp. 4th gear, 4k rpm and then it bogs, poor guy behind me had a heart attack, almost rear ended me since my brake lights never came on (pretty much did a huge engine break). Thankfully I got used to having my finger right next to the hazard lights and was expecting it, just flew into the emergency lane.

There for a while (when I recorded the video last year) I was so pissed at their response, and that Steeda also couldn't provide any help, that I was logging on my laptop via SCT each day I pulled onto 95 and caused this to try and find something that made any sense, nothing though even after Steeda reviewed it. If anyone has any recommendations on what to log though I can pull it down tomorrow to start analyzing this, since Ford is of little help (engine ping, clunky shifting, Advancetrack freaking out, and then this)

New problem I am having: TCS barely engages now even if it is fully on. I can almost do a 90 degree fish tale before it kicks in. I chirp at every stop light, today all day in the rain, and never get a traction light flash... can't complain about this though I guess.
Apprentice

Mine did the same just 2 hours ago.. Check Engine Light flashing

2013 GT MT82 Built Date JUN 12 3800 miles stock.

Always put 92 Octane gas on it.

From the Engineering Test Mode:

Apprentice

Guys, I can say that I got some decently good news for all of us. My dealer has called me to ask me to come pick my car up and apparently there WILL be a new computer calibration releasing sometime in the middle of December. So, I will be just driving the car until then and staying away from holding the engine speed in the 4k range. Then I will bring it in for the calibration and it should be fixed finally!! That will be the 6th trip to the dealer to either pick up or drop off my car for the same issue... not cool.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page