(2011-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation) - Page 8 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 666 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2018 GT, PP, A10
2016 ScatPack Challenger( sold)
2013 GHIG premium, Auto (gone)
2013 Deep impact blue GT w/Track pack (gone)
2011 Kona Blue GT auto, Saddle interior (gone)
2010 Camaro SS (gone)

When the boogy man goes to bed at night he checks the closet for Chuck Norris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Menace View Post
service dept called me back and said Ford engineering finally called and told them to clear the codes and send the car home. no known fix available at this time...
They haven't pushed the fix yet, but its coming. Just drive leisurely and, like others have suggested, don't hold rpms at 4k. It's fine even with the CEL flash...just a bad calibration giving false readings.

Rookie

Another 2013gt with same problem

Just happened to me the last two nights in a row. Got the same DTC$154414 and DTC$C40181 codes as Subiaur. Going to drop it off at the dealer tomorrow for them to look at it on Monday. Thanks to everyone for a very informative thread.

Just under 3000 miles.
3.73 gears
2013 Mustang Gt premium

post #109 of 666 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Picked my car up from the dealer thursday night and drove it for first time today after sitting a couple days, didnt make it a 1/4 mile from home before it started flashing and went into limp mode.

2018 GT, PP, A10
2016 ScatPack Challenger( sold)
2013 GHIG premium, Auto (gone)
2013 Deep impact blue GT w/Track pack (gone)
2011 Kona Blue GT auto, Saddle interior (gone)
2010 Camaro SS (gone)

When the boogy man goes to bed at night he checks the closet for Chuck Norris
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTFudge View Post
So just put it test mode then drive? I have a base GT. Will it display anything?
No I mean just try to replicate the problem by holding at 3900 for about ten seconds and then slowly roll into the throttle to get to 4000 rpm a few times to see if it is in fact fixed for that issue. Thanks man!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
| GT500 Axleback | Magnaflow Tru-X after cat xpipe | Koni Sports | Steeda Sports linear
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Picked my car up from the dealer thursday night and drove it for first time today after sitting a couple days, didnt make it a 1/4 mile from home before it started flashing and went into limp mode.
Wow! I'm at the point where it's not "if" this will happen to me. It's "when" will this happen to me. Fingers crossed.

Dave USAF (Ret)
2013 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, Comfort Pkg., Red Candy, Saddle Leather, 6 MT, 3.31s Build date: 20120808, Purchase date: 20121009, Mods: GT500 Axle Back Exhaust, Steeda Black Shift Knob, Redline Hood Struts
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I'm going to get mine back tomorrow from the dealer. I'll keep you posted....

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.
Apprentice

Quote:
Wow! Never had mine go into limp mode or considerably miss other than when I did "the procedure". Although I have a little miss at 4k at any throttle position now, so I just stay away from 4k until this is fixed.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
| GT500 Axleback | Magnaflow Tru-X after cat xpipe | Koni Sports | Steeda Sports linear
Apprentice

Mine has posted the P0315 - and won't 'learn' the crankshaft position (with or without the ProCal tune).

And with the tune, once it returned a 'cylinder 1 misfire.'

The CEL went on again Friday, but no DTC's were found when I checked - car is back to all stock, during this.

I 'shopped' it on Saturday at the dealer. I suppose I'll know tomorrow.
I'm not in 'panic' mode - it's had zero drivability issues, but with the ProCal tune it was pinging.

Those of us with "anomalies" - I'm sure it'll get sorted out. Perhaps a PCM reflash.

2013 GT Premium - DIB | 6MT | 3.73 | Brembo and Suspension Package | HID | Security Package |
GT500 AB (SVT Sport) | FRPP Pro Cal tune

Previous:
2006 Red Monte Carlo SS (traded for the new GT 5.0)
1993 Red Stang LX | 5.0 | 5MT | Hatch
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightballrj View Post
No I mean just try to replicate the problem by holding at 3900 for about ten seconds and then slowly roll into the throttle to get to 4000 rpm a few times to see if it is in fact fixed for that issue. Thanks man!!
Gave it a try. No DTCs while holding around 3900-4000 in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear. I tried everything that used to do the get the CEL flash. I even did a couple of runs shifting around 6K and all was good.

My Service Director scheduling for the FSE to come out and take the PCM back to Ford. They should be pushing the new calibration soon after that.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaTFudge View Post
Gave it a try. No DTCs while holding around 3900-4000 in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear. I tried everything that used to do the get the CEL flash. I even did a couple of runs shifting around 6K and all was good.

My Service Director scheduling for the FSE to come out and take the PCM back to Ford. They should be pushing the new calibration soon after that.
Awesome news for us affected guys! I'm starting to get some cold drivability issues now.

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Apprentice

Thanks for trying that Dubya!

2013 SGM GT w/BBP
Apprentice

After check engine blinking last Wednesday I have not had a failure again and I've used some 500kms road (not holding high revs) but reving to 5000 on overtakes .. I think I feel less powerful but really do not know if it's me or the car.

Do you feel less power after this issue???
Apprentice

Got my car back today. They had to reflash back to stock, because the 'revert' that the ProCal does back to stock doesn't do everything, according to the service manager.

I mentioned that the 'revert' listed 15 params that were changed. He states that there are many 'untouched' that are changed with the tune, but not 'backed out.' Learned a couple of other things:

- The 'crank relearn' does not have to be done, when flashing the FRPP tune. It is incorporated in the tune, automatically.
- After the tune, the 'relearn' won't work (according to him).
- He's seen some 'pinging' with Shell gas lately, due to the amount of alcohol - he states "other than Shell gas" should be used. YMMV, this applies, perhaps, to my area in TX. Dunno. I know that I've tried a tank or two with "other than Shell gas" and it still pinged - but differently - as to amounts and where in the band between 3800-4000 and near-redline. It was all over the map, as to consistency. Sometimes, barely at all.

Take all this with a grain of salt. I'll get more info from their 'ace' Stang guy when time permits.

The low-end is more 'anemic' now (like it was before the tune), and when I 'reverted' back to stock with the ProCal it's clear that it left "some" low-end untouched in the revert.

I'll leave it alone for now, as the diags/test/reflash to totally stock ran me $89. I didn't argue, it's not a warranty procedure.

2013 GT Premium - DIB | 6MT | 3.73 | Brembo and Suspension Package | HID | Security Package |
GT500 AB (SVT Sport) | FRPP Pro Cal tune

Previous:
2006 Red Monte Carlo SS (traded for the new GT 5.0)
1993 Red Stang LX | 5.0 | 5MT | Hatch
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtLiberto View Post
Just happened to me the last two nights in a row. Got the same DTC$154414 and DTC$C40181 codes as Subiaur. Going to drop it off at the dealer tomorrow for them to look at it on Monday.
Welcome to the forum, SgtLiberto. My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Id like to escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and what youre seeking so I can help.

Quote:
Bald Menace, send me your info as well, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxIsBackIn5.0 View Post
Mine has posted the P0315 - and won't 'learn' the crankshaft position (with or without the ProCal tune).
The CEL went on again Friday, but no DTC's were found when I checked - car is back to all stock, during this.
I 'shopped' it on Saturday at the dealer. I suppose I'll know tomorrow.
Let me know if you need me, MaxIsBackIn5.0.

Deysha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page