(2011-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation) - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 666 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

(2011-2014 5.0 CEL P0300 Engine Misfire Ford TSB 13-6-15 Crank O Ring Installation)

my 13 GT hd a check engine light flashing the other day, car started running rough and when i slowed down to turn around and go back home it went off and the car started running fine again. tried it again the next day and was able to duplicate the issue but this time the light stopped flashing and stayed on solid indicating service needed. it's going to be a few days before the dealer can get the car in and the code stored is p0301, the light isnt flashing and the car doesnt appear to be misfiring. is it hurting it to drive it? my other car is a collector car and isnt licensed for daily driving.

2018 GT, PP, A10
2016 ScatPack Challenger( sold)
2013 GHIG premium, Auto (gone)
2013 Deep impact blue GT w/Track pack (gone)
2011 Kona Blue GT auto, Saddle interior (gone)
2010 Camaro SS (gone)

When the boogy man goes to bed at night he checks the closet for Chuck Norris

Last edited by Sean Reilly; 09-29-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

WWW.S197FORUM.COM

Like everybody told you in this thread don't drive it until you get it into the dealer.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Menace View Post
my 13 GT hd a check engine light flashing the other day, car started running rough and when i slowed down to turn around and go back home it went off and the car started running fine again. tried it again the next day and was able to duplicate the issue but this time the light stopped flashing and stayed on solid indicating service needed. it's going to be a few days before the dealer can get the car in and the code stored is p0301, the light isnt flashing and the car doesnt appear to be misfiring. is it hurting it to drive it? my other car is a collector car and isnt licensed for daily driving.
Hi Bald Menace,

Id like to get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area and help resolve it. Please make an appointment with your dealer as soon as possible and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha

post #4 of 666 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

well they sent the car home with no solution available. they told me ford would contact me if they came up with a fix. they cleared the codes and reflashed the computer but said it will most likely happen again. ford engineering is supposedly working on a fix for the issue.

2018 GT, PP, A10
2016 ScatPack Challenger( sold)
2013 GHIG premium, Auto (gone)
2013 Deep impact blue GT w/Track pack (gone)
2011 Kona Blue GT auto, Saddle interior (gone)
2010 Camaro SS (gone)

When the boogy man goes to bed at night he checks the closet for Chuck Norris
Rookie

Same here!

We have a 2013 GT/CS and it is doing the same thing. We drove around w/ a monitor hooked up to record the "misfires" but as of yet haven't heard anything back from Ford or our dealer. It is very frustrating.
Apprentice

My first post here, and I'm not pleased to report that with <700 miles on my car this happened to me today. I have totally enjoyed the car and have been very impressed, but now I'm wondering how bullet proof this engine is..... I am also having an issue with sync freezing up on my iPod nano (generation 6 only about a year old) making sync totally unavailable. FordCustSrvc, I'm not happy!

2013 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium, 3.73, Bama tune, Airaid CIA, Hushpower axle back, Eleanor side scoops, Staggered Boss 340 20" wheels, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Eibach Pro Kit front and rear anti sway bars, SR Performance strut tower brace, Barton short throw shifter & two post bracket

Last edited by robertbwainwrig; 10-19-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: iPod age not correct
Apprentice

Check engine light is now staying lit. Has anyone heard any thing?

2013 Deep Impact Blue Mustang GT Premium, 3.73, Bama tune, Airaid CIA, Hushpower axle back, Eleanor side scoops, Staggered Boss 340 20" wheels, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Eibach Pro Kit front and rear anti sway bars, SR Performance strut tower brace, Barton short throw shifter & two post bracket
PONY Member

Take it to the dealer, that's warranties are for.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmach View Post
Take it to the dealer, that's warranties are for.
Yea, doing that today at lunch. The light came on Saturday night, so no way I could do anything till today.

Rookie

It first happened to me during my first weekend with the car - 2013 GT manual. It's been back to the dealer four times now. The first time they couldn't replicate the issue and just cleared the codes. Don't remember what they did the second time I brought it in. Third time, I told them to take it out and really get on it and they were able to see the flashing CEL. They did the CPS relearn and, for a while, I thought I was good to go. Fourth time it happened, they swapped the CPS, but that didn't fix the issue. They had a Field Service tech come out to take a look and determined it was a programming issue, did a couple of data logs, and sent the info back to HQ.

I had read up on other posts here and other forums, and it seemed that most folks just needed to do the crank position sensor relearn procedure. I figured it was a band-aid fix once I saw that some had to do it every few months. I've had my car back for a couple of weeks now and haven't heard anything yet.

Black 2013 5.0 Manual, Boss H-Pipe and Side Exhaust, Borla S-Type AB
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbwainwrig View Post
My first post here, and I'm not pleased to report that with <700 miles on my car this happened to me today. I have totally enjoyed the car and have been very impressed, but now I'm wondering how bullet proof this engine is..... I am also having an issue with sync freezing up on my iPod nano (generation 6 only about a year old) making sync totally unavailable. FordCustSrvc, I'm not happy!
Welcome to the forum, robertbwainwrig!

I'm the In-Vehicle Technology gal, my partner Deysha handles all other concerns. To clarify, have you ever been able to play music through USB? I recommend soft restting your iPod and trying it again:

How to reset iPod

Let me know if this helps.

Jaclyn

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Welcome to the forum, robertbwainwrig!

I'm the In-Vehicle Technology gal, my partner Deysha handles all other concerns. To clarify, have you ever been able to play music through USB? I recommend soft restting your iPod and trying it again:

How to reset iPod

Let me know if this helps.

Jaclyn
Thank you Jaclyn, I will try that once I get my car back. Could you please let me know why Sync can not read my messages from my Iphone? I had a 2010 Chevy truck that was blue tooth and it would both read and composes text messages, so I know the Iphone has the abilty.

Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Thank you Jaclyn, I will try that once I get my car back. Could you please let me know why Sync can not read my messages from my Iphone? I had a 2010 Chevy truck that was blue tooth and it would both read and composes text messages, so I know the Iphone has the abilty.
No problem, robertbwainwrig. Typically, a phone will need to support Message Access Profile (MAP) in order to work with this feature. MAP is a Bluetooth standard developed for the exchange of text messages.

We haven't tested the iPhone 5 or iOS 6 yet, once we do so I'll have more information to share. We'll also make an announcement in our SYNC Owner forum, stay tuned:

Owner to Owner

Jaclyn

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordMustang @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordMustang facebook.com/Ford
Apprentice

Got my car back from the dealer late yesterday and the symptoms are the same, multiple misfire codes. The dealer noted on my report that I have an axle back exhaust and it may have been a contributing factor.... It is not like I have removed my cats or even put a new x/h pipe on!

Grimace427

Quote:
Got my car back from the dealer late yesterday and the symptoms are the same, multiple misfire codes. The dealer noted on my report that I have an axle back exhaust and it may have been a contributing factor.... It is not like I have removed my cats or even put a new x/h pipe on!
What was the full diagnosis? What tests did they run? Anything to do with the crank position sensor or misfire monitor?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page