JBA longtubes and 11+ Mustangs-Beware - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I have Jba and the stock o2 wires reached. just reached up and Pulled out the attached points. follow each wire as far as you can to find them

Ford Racing K-springs & dampeners. UPR Street adjustable UCA. UMI LCA & bolt in relocation brackets. Comp Eng. panhard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Still throwing code P0059

I finally reconnected my factory harness to the front O2 sensors hoping that would stop my ECM from puking. Installed the Brooksspeed tune and wouldnt you know it, ck engine light came on after second ignition startup and got my old friend 0059 showing up again. Im beginning to think Brenspeed was correct about JBA headers and the relocation of the front O2 sensors being a tuning nightmare. Any further suggestions or comments constructive in nature would be welcomed.

2013 GT, AT, JBA ceramic LT with catted H pipe, resonator delete, GT500 axlebacks. Steeda CAI, Brenspeed tuned, AMR chrome wheels, Cooper
RS3-S tires, Focal door and rear coaxial speakers, Shelby-Kicker door subs

2013 V6 performace pkg, airaid CAI,BBK throttle body, Bama tuned, MTX thunderform, Pioneer Coaxials, alpine KTP-445U amp
The love of my sons life
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
What do you mean by behaving properly? What is the 'fooling' going on here?
Not throwing codes and such, or sometimes driveability probs based on a number of postings. Not to mention slow responses from the purveyors of said tunes.

2011 GT Premium Brembo ("Spirit"), Kona/red, 1.5" drop, Goodridge SS brake lines, 3.73's, LPW Ultra diff cover, HID, JLT oil catch can, FRPP ProCal II w. Airaid, FRPP X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, Boss LS tranny cooler, Boss oil cooler, Boss radiator, Torsen T2-R; FRPP "K" springs, struts, shocks, mounts, anti-rollbars, upper strut brace, poly bushings; Barton shifter/MkII bracket, CG-Lock, Grabber knob, silver Forgestar CF5 19x9 35mm offset, AE aluminum driveshaft

Apprentice

adspru: Not at all because it hasn't been tweaked in the sense I understand it since the engineering, PCM spark/fuel maps, durability testing, heat sensor algorithms and such were done by Ford. And they will back them up warranty-wise if the simple re-mapping procedure (which FRPP tells me is about as complex as the Trak Key PCM mods in terms of lines of code) is done by a For or Lincoln dealer.

Anyone else think popping in to a Linc dealer and standing in line with Town Car fans en route to a Golden Corral and telling the Svc dude you want your Coyote engine ProCal'd would be a hoot and a holler?

2011 GT Premium Brembo ("Spirit"), Kona/red, 1.5" drop, Goodridge SS brake lines, 3.73's, LPW Ultra diff cover, HID, JLT oil catch can, FRPP ProCal II w. Airaid, FRPP X-pipe, Roush axlebacks, Boss LS tranny cooler, Boss oil cooler, Boss radiator, Torsen T2-R; FRPP "K" springs, struts, shocks, mounts, anti-rollbars, upper strut brace, poly bushings; Barton shifter/MkII bracket, CG-Lock, Grabber knob, silver Forgestar CF5 19x9 35mm offset, AE aluminum driveshaft
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by strany View Post
I finally reconnected my factory harness to the front O2 sensors hoping that would stop my ECM from puking. Installed the Brooksspeed tune and wouldnt you know it, ck engine light came on after second ignition startup and got my old friend 0059 showing up again. Im beginning to think Brenspeed was correct about JBA headers and the relocation of the front O2 sensors being a tuning nightmare. Any further suggestions or comments constructive in nature would be welcomed.
What was Brenspeed correct on JBA Long Tube headers??? I have them on my car also and I have had NO problems. I had the car dyno tuned and I have NEVER had a problem since the install was done.

Have a you called some tuners that have tuned a bunch of LT cars and asked questions?
post #66 of 104 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 GT 4 ME View Post
What was Brenspeed correct on JBA Long Tube headers??? I have them on my car also and I have had NO problems. I had the car dyno tuned and I have NEVER had a problem since the install was done.

Have a you called some tuners that have tuned a bunch of LT cars and asked questions?
Yep, Eric Brooks, Brooksspeed, told me that its a connection problem. Maybe one of the pins have recessed or something, or the harness may have a bad wire. Cant get to a lift till next Friday. Thanks

2013 GT, AT, JBA ceramic LT with catted H pipe, resonator delete, GT500 axlebacks. Steeda CAI, Brenspeed tuned, AMR chrome wheels, Cooper

2013 V6 performace pkg, airaid CAI,BBK throttle body, Bama tuned, MTX thunderform, Pioneer Coaxials, alpine KTP-445U amp
The love of my sons life
Apprentice

Quote:
Yep, Eric Brooks, Brooksspeed, told me that its a connection problem. Maybe one of the pins have recessed or something, or the harness may have a bad wire. Cant get to a lift till next Friday. Thanks
Call JBA and I bet they will send you a new set. I had a problem with a clamp and the guy below helped me at JBA.

Dustin
909-599-5955 x 1402
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st RoadRage View Post
And they will back them up warranty-wise if the simple re-mapping procedure (which FRPP tells me is about as complex as the Trak Key PCM mods in terms of lines of code) is done by a For or Lincoln dealer.
FoMoCo's engine warranty is 5/60, is FordRacing offering that as well?

Quote:
Good luck bud. I was getting an oddly similar code P2626, open circuit sensor1 bank1... After a few datalogs I knew the car was seeing/utilizing the bank 1 sensor1, but still triggering the cel... I've been driving around without engine braking/ coasting in gear, since immediately after coasting in gear is the only time ive seen the light come on.. After a 100 miles, no cel... Now, has it fixed itself, or will it return when I engine brake next time, about to find out, and yes, I'll log it..

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

Garage
So now that all my parts installed, and the car is finally back up and running. I figure I will throw in my thoughts on the JBA headers and mid pipe.

I'm kind of disappointed in the fitment, I opted with the catted h-pipe (mostly for the added sound dampening). The v-band clamp and the cat will rattle against the body of the car. But I feel this is something that can be remedied. During the initial installation there was what appeared to be enough room that they wouldn't hit, even with slight vibrations. Now, not so much. I feel that after driving it the exhaust has settled in the clamps and what not and shifted a bit. Also I've noticed that the collectors/mid pipe hang below the rest of the car, and will be the first thing to scrape, if that happens. This makes me very weary about lowering the vehicle.

2011 GT Prem - 400a, Brembo Pkg, 3.55s, 6spd
OLD 405rwhp/381rwtq - 12.71 @ 113.13mph, 2.099 60' on stock tires (DA corrected 12.3 @ 116mph)
Mods: Boss 302 bottom end, JPC Stage 1 heads, Boss 302 Manifold/Oil Cooler/Front Fascia/Rear Diffuser, Mishimoto Radiator, Spec Clutch/Flywheel, Airaid CAI, JBA Long Tubes, Pypes Super System, Eibach Pro-Kit, UMI LCA/Relo Brackets/Panhard Bar, GT500 wheels/Nitto NT555 (255/45 F, 285/40 R), Barton Shifter/Bracket, SGII /w blendmount, V1
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehMoose View Post
So now that all my parts installed, and the car is finally back up and running. I figure I will throw in my thoughts on the JBA headers and mid pipe.

I'm kind of disappointed in the fitment, I opted with the catted h-pipe (mostly for the added sound dampening). The v-band clamp and the cat will rattle against the body of the car. But I feel this is something that can be remedied. During the initial installation there was what appeared to be enough room that they wouldn't hit, even with slight vibrations. Now, not so much. I feel that after driving it the exhaust has settled in the clamps and what not and shifted a bit. Also I've noticed that the collectors/mid pipe hang below the rest of the car, and will be the first thing to scrape, if that happens. This makes me very weary about lowering the vehicle.
My JBA collectors also hang lower than any other point of the vehicle. I roll around with them on the street and I have a 1.5" drop. Collector measures 3" off the ground, so you have much more clearance in comparison.

I know what I can and can't drive over. Slow down for bumps and can't enter certain driveways.

Ford Racing K-springs & dampeners. UPR Street adjustable UCA. UMI LCA & bolt in relocation brackets. Comp Eng. panhard.
post #71 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Mystery sorta solved. I took my car in for a free oil change today at the dealers I purchased from, and told them of my problems with the error codes I was getting from the passengers side front O2 sensor. They told me that the sensor was fried, probably by the extensions JBA included with their kit. The other O2 sensor had been cross threaded and was devoid of most threads. Had to order 2 new sensors and with diagnosis and install my wallet will be lighter $350! Thank you JBA and Casper electronics for the piece of **** extensions that caused me so much grief. Back to the dealer next Tues to have them installed and hopefully my check engine lights issues will be solved. I ought to sue JBA for the money in small claims, still milling that one over. So for anyone else thinking JBA longtubes, DO NOT connect the extensions, unhook the factory harness to extend to the front O2 sensors so you dont potentially fry you new engine

The love of my sons life
Grimace427

Quote:
Mystery sorta solved. I took my car in for a free oil change today at the dealers I purchased from, and told them of my problems with the error codes I was getting from the passengers side front O2 sensor. They told me that the sensor was fried, probably by the extensions JBA included with their kit. The other O2 sensor had been cross threaded and was devoid of most threads. Had to order 2 new sensors and with diagnosis and install my wallet will be lighter $350! Thank you JBA and Casper electronics for the piece of **** extensions that caused me so much grief. Back to the dealer next Tues to have them installed and hopefully my check engine lights issues will be solved. I ought to sue JBA for the money in small claims, still milling that one over. So for anyone else thinking JBA longtubes, DO NOT connect the extensions, unhook the factory harness to extend to the front O2 sensors so you dont potentially fry you new engine

Forget about trying to blame JBA. It should be common knowledge that you shouldn't use O2 sensor extensions regardless of the brand. If you are going to mod the car, especially something as involved as headers, you should be 100% confident you did your homework and know the risks.

Every brand includes the O2 extensions, JBA hasn't done anything wrong by you.
post #73 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
Forget about trying to blame JBA. It should be common knowledge that you shouldn't use O2 sensor extensions regardless of the brand. If you are going to mod the car, especially something as involved as headers, you should be 100% confident you did your homework and know the risks.

Every brand includes the O2 extensions, JBA hasn't done anything wrong by you.
Point taken, just very frustrating when you follow manufactures instructions and bad things happen because of it

The love of my sons life
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Glad your issue is being resolved, I'm going to swap the front O2's L to R and R to L to see if my issue follows the passenger side O2 before going any further.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

PONY Member

Quote:
Whats weird is I had a P0135 code pop up this weekend and I do not have extensions (checked factory connections and were good) and have had the headers installed for several months. I switched the oxygen sensors on each bank and the code p0155 came up, which shows it is a bad sensor, not wiring. I also data-logged and that sensor was reading zero air fuel at idle and had a short term fuel command of one.

Wondering why it gave up...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page