JBA longtubes and 11+ Mustangs-Beware - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
J Orbit

Has anyone tried spark plug anti-fowers?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
Some say they work, others not so much. I have a pseudo-theory though that people don't handle their O2 sensors with enough care and boink it up sometimes. Just an idea, nothing more.

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post

I've had my eye on them but it has been nearly a month with a few hundred miles since I installed my longtubes and I haven't needed them yet. I will double check to make sure my Brenspeed Street tune indeed has the rear O2 sensors turned on(my Race tune certainly does not) but it looks like they did a great job tuning my car.

post #79 of 104 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I've had my eye on them but it has been nearly a month with a few hundred miles since I installed my longtubes and I haven't needed them yet. I will double check to make sure my Brenspeed Street tune indeed has the rear O2 sensors turned on(my Race tune certainly does not) but it looks like they did a great job tuning my car.
Educate me please, my rear O2 sensors are turned off, are you saying that my plugs will foul sooner because of this?

2013 GT, AT, JBA ceramic LT with catted H pipe, resonator delete, GT500 axlebacks. Steeda CAI, Brenspeed tuned, AMR chrome wheels, Cooper
RS3-S tires, Focal door and rear coaxial speakers, Shelby-Kicker door subs

2013 V6 performace pkg, airaid CAI,BBK throttle body, Bama tuned, MTX thunderform, Pioneer Coaxials, alpine KTP-445U amp
The love of my sons life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strany View Post
Educate me please, my rear O2 sensors are turned off, are you saying that my plugs will foul sooner because of this?

No no, you can use anti foulers on your O2 sensors to back them out of the exhaust stream to help not trigger a CEL. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You kinda just have to give it a shot.

Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by strany View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
No no, you can use anti foulers on your O2 sensors to back them out of the exhaust stream to help not trigger a CEL. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You kinda just have to give it a shot.

Exactly. The rear O2 sensors need to be on to pass emissions rediness tests, and the anti-foulers just reduce the sensitivity of the sensors so they don't trigger a CEL.
Apprentice

I just got the p0059 code this morning. Cleared it and it came back later on. I don't notice any drive ability issues. I have bbk long tubes and off road x. Is this a bad problem where I wouldn't want to drive the car for the rest of the week? Till I can get it looked at?
MACH I Member
S197 Member

First post in probably a year, reviving dead posts can serve a purpose...

Do you have the extensions hooked up?
More than likely the car is driveable, but it will run very rich.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

I figured I'd just add to this thread instead of start a new one with almost the same problem....

Yes, o2 extensions are hooked up I just crawled under there.
Apprentice

FYI : P0059 Ford - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 2 Sensor 1

Read more: P0059 Ford HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 2 Sensor 1 OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com
Apprentice

So then is bank 2 the passenger side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnblk5.0 View Post
FYI : P0059 Ford - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 2 Sensor 1

Read more: P0059 Ford HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 2 Sensor 1 OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Can't remember which bank is L and R, but regardless, sensor 1 is one of the pre-cat wideband O2's. The trick to all of this is your extensions aren't really hooked up, they just appear that way... I'd also recommend removing both of them at the same time, or they'll be off balanced.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
Can't remember which bank is L and R, but regardless, sensor 1 is one of the pre-cat wideband O2's. The trick to all of this is your extensions aren't really hooked up, they just appear that way... I'd also recommend removing both of them at the same time, or they'll be off balanced.
im not following you, on the extensions not being hooked up.

any way to test the o2 sensor to see if its bad before I go and buy a new one?

also in reading through the pages sounds like strany had p0059 as well and that was his passenger side so I would assume bank two is passenger side.
BOSS Member

Garage
Remove both O2 sensor extensions. The factory harness will reach. You just have to unclip the wiring harness from the back of the engine block and I think at a spot of two on the transmission then the factory connectors will drop down far enough to reach the sensors.

After you've done that then clear the code and drive around for a while. If the light stays off then you're good to go. If it comes back on. Take both of your primary (pre-cat) O2 sensors and swap the sides they are installed on and reconnect them. If the light comes on again read the code and see if it's still telling you it's from bank 1 or if it is now from bank 2.

If the code changes then it's probably sensor. If the code is the same then you might have another issue.
Apprentice

whats the best way to get at the clip for the factory harness? can I get to it on the top of the engine from the passenger side? or is it something I need to access underneath?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page