JBA longtubes and 11+ Mustangs-Beware - Page 7 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member

Garage
You have to reach over the top of the engine. It's behind the intake manifold so you have to do it from under the hood.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
S197 Member

That's how I got mine, it is a small black clip that attaches to a bolt, slid right off IIRC.

Helped me to have a bright light shining on it from under the car to help locate it from above. There should be plenty of pictures if you search.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

GT Member

Running the A/R sensor extension wires on any headers suck. the person that insist on that needs slapped for ripping all of us off.

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.

Last edited by JohnRichard; 09-03-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: changed words

Apprentice

I haven't unhooked the extensions yet but I unplugged and 're connected. I also figured I should try once and clear the code just incase. Well I cleared it and p0152 came up, not p0059. Different code now? What's up with that does that tellme anything?
MACH I Member
S197 Member

That tells you that you likely had a disconnected O2 sensor, the ECM subsequently adjusted the LTFT's, when the O2 sensor came back online the LTFT's were too rich, causing a "high voltage" condition.

It tells me that you reset the codes, but didn't clear the KAM.

You can either wait a few drive cycles for the LTFT's to come back to normal levels on their own, or clear the KAM. In the meantime, I'd be trying to find a way to remove the extensions.

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

Took my extensions off.cleared code cleared KAM. Code came back. P0152. I data logged my afr with my tuner. Bank 1 reads and is wavering up and down like it's supposed to bank 2 is completely a flat line reading nothing.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Oh that stinks. Wish I was there to help you...

I guess I would start by swapping the front O2's and seeing if the code follows...

Aaron S.

Gone but not forgotten

MACH I Member
S197 Member

And I will also add to make certain there are no extra rubber grommets from extensions hidden inside the connectors... My extension literrally shatter inside the connecter...

Aaron S.

Gone but not forgotten

Apprentice

Yeah I cleaned out the connections and actually had some moisture on the driver side. I was in some heavy rain last Friday.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Oh, and Bank 2 is the drivers side... And moisture in the connection could be a cause.

Any luck?

Aaron S.

Gone but not forgotten

Apprentice

Gotta wait till Monday to get the motorcraft o2 sensor from ford I had a denso one but the wires are way too short, to reach the stock harness.
Apprentice

I got the new o2 sensor put in and took it for a spin seems all is well I started it up 3 times and no code.

The old sensor was a pain to get out I guess after all those heat cycles it really wanted to stay in there.

Extensions are out too. And an FYI for those with long tube headers and stock harness get the motorcraft o2 as it has a long wire that will reach.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Rookie

I just had JBA longtubes and their off road X pipe installed on a 2014 Mustang GT 5.0. First of all, the fitment was HORRIBLE! X pipe was 2 inches off from collectors. Called JBA and they told me to use a ratchet strap to pull them together to get the X pipe on! Now, my air/fuel ratio is bouncing like a ball from 12 to 16! My tuner is at a loss as to what could be wrong. No codes. HELP!!!! This is my daily driver!
GT Member

I see you are a rookie and this might be considered necroposting. FYI for the future. Ford Mustang Forum - Announcements in Forum : 2011 - 2014 Mustang GT Tech

Make sure that the install did not include 02 sensor wiring extensions. That is a big no no.

Also check for bananas in the tail pipes.

X- pipe 2" from collectors? Ratchet straps to remedy sounds awful. So evidently the JBA with the X-pipes were 2" shorter than stock headers and H-pipe and you would have had a 2" gap at the over axle pipes. I don't see how the heck you could get everything to fit with being 2" off. Something does not sound right. Maybe you were exaggerating a little or they sent you the wrong X-Pipe or headers or both?

2013 GT, Track Pack, Recaros, Kooks Axlebacks, Airaid CAI, BMR Rear Adj. LCAs, BMR Relocation Brackets, JLT Oil Separator(s), Barton 2 Post Shifter Bracket, Steeda Motor Mounts, Barton Shifter, JHR Clutch line, BMR adj. UCA and Mount, Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted H, DSS Al Shaft, BMR Loop, Vogtland Sport Springs front/BMR rear, Strange Adj. Struts/Shocks, Extended ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Whiteline Tranny Mount Bushing, Borla Overaxles, BMR Watts, Vorshlag 3" Ducts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page