Happy Vortech Owners? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
I concur. Very nice. I have contemplated getting a new one just to replace the cheap look even though I don't really need to upgrade.
I replaced mine with the Canton reservoir, it's not as pretty as the JPC piece, but it's about 50 bucks cheaper.

2012 Black Base Model 6MT, 3.73s, Steeda Shifter, CJ intake, CJ monoblade TB, Rev auto CAI, JBA LTs, o/r h pipe, Stage 3 comp cams, AED tune, Steeda Sport springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

I'm very happy with my vortech kit. I recently took the car on a 2k mile road trip and hitting the drag strip pretty hard midway through the trip. On the way back after driving a good 6 hours I decided to get a dyno run at the JMS shop and hit 576hp 460qt with no cool down straight off the interstate. I installed mine myself and it wasnt too bad. I have the black kit and when I pop the hood people don't even know its there.

2012 Black GT, 3.73 gears, Vortech kit, JLT intake, Lethal xpipe, JMS BAP, GT500 axel backs, MGW shifter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingStang View Post
I'm very happy with my vortech kit. I recently took the car on a 2k mile road trip and hitting the drag strip pretty hard midway through the trip. On the way back after driving a good 6 hours I decided to get a dyno run at the JMS shop and hit 576hp 460qt with no cool down straight off the interstate. I installed mine myself and it wasnt too bad. I have the black kit and when I pop the hood people don't even know its there.
That's encouraging. I am gaining confidence about the set up. It's great to see a post like this. Great numbers BTW.

2011 Mustang GT Premium Package, Candy Red, Security Pkg
Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband

post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

Nice dyno numbers! How about some numbers from the drag strip?

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear
Apprentice

I had a trunk full of luggage, cleaning supplies, and a tool box along with other junk for the trip. 2nd time at a 1/4 track and ran 12.2 haha yes the times suck. Still on the stock tires and will be looking for MT in the near future.

2012 Black GT, 3.73 gears, Vortech kit, JLT intake, Lethal xpipe, JMS BAP, GT500 axel backs, MGW shifter
Apprentice

Here is a vid of a friend and I at the track

Supercharged 2012 Mustang vs Supercharged 2006 Magnum - YouTube

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I had a trunk full of luggage, cleaning supplies, and a tool box along with other junk for the trip. 2nd time at a 1/4 track and ran 12.2 haha yes the times suck. Still on the stock tires and will be looking for MT in the near future.

Not bad on stock tires and a trunk full of stuff. I am surprised that you ran a 12.2 with all of that h.p. on stock tires. M/T drag radials are the way to go. After a proper burn out they will hook up for sure.

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
Apprentice

Yeah I still have a lot of learning to do with the car, but there is no track where I live at. Yes, MT will be on the list of a future purchase. Me and the magnum were the two fastest street cars there. An Audi R8 running 13's and a 10-12 GT500 on slicks running 12.2's also.

PONY Member

Quote:
Dyno'd the car today. It was a perfect 70 degrees and with 100 octane we were 584 rwhp and an unreal 500 ft lbs of torque. I wasn't expecting the torque...about 30 more lbs than I expected.

Mods to Date; Vortech V3 Supercharged/Intercooled/9 lb boost, JLT Blow through intake, Tial 50mm Race BOV, K & N Breathers, JPC RACING Tuned,Vortech Boost A Pump, TREMEC Magnum T56 Magnum, Mcleod RST twin clutch, Upgraded clutch line,Modular flywheel, Aluminum Driveshaft,Borla ATAK Exhaust, Eibach Pro Springs,Adjustable Panhard,Raxiom Halo lights, Raxiom tail lights, GT/CS 19 inch wheels,LED Boost Guage, PLX Kiwi wideband
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTfiveo View Post
Dyno'd the car today. It was a perfect 70 degrees and with 100 octane we were 584 rwhp and an unreal 500 ft lbs of torque. I wasn't expecting the torque...about 30 more lbs than I expected.

Nice numbers! Especially the 500 ft lbs of torque.

(Traded in on new 2014)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTfiveo View Post
Hell yeah those are nice numbers. It was about 95 degrees that day for me but since its getting cooler I will be jumping on it again since I received my Snow Performance kit and getting a retune.

PONY Member

Quote:
Hell yeah those are nice numbers. It was about 95 degrees that day for me but since its getting cooler I will be jumping on it again since I received my Snow Performance kit and getting a retune.
The torque was unexpected. This guys dyno has been spot on. Just the right day I guess. The HP number were what I expected.

PONY Member

I am going with a paxton or vortech kit I have not seen a whipple, roush out peform these kits.

20 x 8.5 - 10 TSW Nurburgring rims, 255/45/20 Nitto Invo, 315/30/20 R888 Toyo Proxes, Steeda LCA, Steeda Panhard bar, Roush UCA, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit, Eibach coilovers, C&L CAI, Kooks 1 -3/4 Kooks headers and offroad x-pipe, Magnaflow street series cat back, Boss 302 intake, AED tune, Circle D 3700 stall, FRPP 3.31, DSS carbon fiber drive shaft, Vortech JT 8 rib kit 3.48 pulley, ID 1000 injectors, Fore Innovations return style fuel system, LMR braided brake lines.
PONY Member

Paxton, Vortech, Whipple or Roush - any of these kits will smoke your tires all day long. Whatever you pick enjoy it and post up.

2007 ROUSH M90 Supercharged Mustang GT
2011 Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Mustang GT
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybandit View Post
I am going with a paxton or vortech kit I have not seen a whipple, roush out peform these kits.

I agree the vortech dominates from what I have herd and seen everywhere.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page