Happy Vortech Owners? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryyf View Post
Dude, how about using some periods......
no ****. that was f-ing ridiculous.

2012 Black/black GT Premium, Brembo, HID, 3.73 - Borla LT's, Borla x-pipe, Borla touring cat back, Airraid CAI, Bama 93R tune, Steeda LCA/UCA, MM CC plates, panhard and bracket, front/rear swaybars, billet front/rear swaybar brackets/links, chassis brace, Bump steer kit, Tri-Ax shifter/bracket,Eibach Multi-Pro R2 CO's, FRPP diff cover, Weds Wheels 19x10, 275/40/19 Bridgestone Pole Position, GT500 rear spoiler, CDC chin spoiler. Full stereo system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

I'm happy with my paxton now, but that was not always the case.

2 issues.

1) Their canned tune is absolutely HORRIBLE ! at least for my car it never worked and they could never do it the right way so something tell's me their tuner sucks !

2) Plastic coolant tank is a POS, overtime it will expand. so i suggest either making your own better unit or buying one from JPC.

Other than that i love it...
If properly tuned the car is literally a monster especially in high RPM.

2011 Mustang 5.0 2SLOW
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTfiveo View Post
Dyno'd the car today. It was a perfect 70 degrees and with 100 octane we were 584 rwhp and an unreal 500 ft lbs of torque. I wasn't expecting the torque...about 30 more lbs than I expected.

Hey man, are you still having problems with your set up ?

I will be honest, IMHO your numbers seem kind of low considering you are on 100 octane gas. (UNLESS it really is on 6.5 psi)
And how are you putting out 6.5 psi? when Vortech/Paxton stock pulley is 7.5-8.5 psi. closer to 8-8.5 for most owners with stock airbox.
Are you sure your gauge is reading the numbers correctly ?
I think i PM'ed you today, anyway we need to meet up sometime and see what's going on with your ride and talk about few things..

2011 Mustang 5.0 2SLOW

GT Member
5.0L Member

OP:
I considered the Vortech one way back because I am a previous Vortech owner and loved how the black looked. THEN, I realized that the Paxton 2200 is about the same (in technology) but has the potential of 800+HP if the engine is beefed up. It's actually less than the Vortech depending on where you shop. I have since changed my mind and will be going with a Roush next year since I have an auto, mainly do street driving (TVS better for lower RPM Tq), and it requires less fabbing under the hood (cutting bumper etc).

Having said that, if your interest is the Vortech, I would seriously research and consider that 2200 Novi. Good Luck
RC

2011 GT/CS Auto-Security Package, HID, Remote Start.

STEEDA: LCA/Upper 3rd Link, Adj Rear Sway bar, Spyder 20" Rims 11"/9.5", Hood Struts.

VMP S/C w/82mm Pulley, JLT CF Intake, Vortech Max Flow BAP, AFCO Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, FMS 3.31 Gears, Kooks 1-7/8 LTs, Kooks Off Road H-Pipe, GT500 AB's, Baer Big Brake Kit with 14" Rotors, Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Scan Gauge w/Speed of Sound A-Pillar.

Roush Front Bumper, Saleen Front Grille, Custom Radiator Cover/Coil Covers
PONY Member

The head unit on the Paxton is a little larger and rated 10hp higher but I wouldn't let the difference between 775hp and 800hp maximums - considering all the work needed to make either work at that level - be a deciding factor. I think the black Vortech Kit looks better then the additional 10hp from the Paxton would feel.

2007 ROUSH M90 Supercharged Mustang GT
2011 Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Mustang GT
PONY Member

I was hoping to hear from someone who installed this themselves. I read the manual last night and it looks pretty straightforward.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
PONY Member

Quote:
I was hoping to hear from someone who installed this themselves. I read the manual last night and it looks pretty straightforward.

20 x 8.5 - 10 TSW Nurburgring rims, 255/45/20 Nitto Invo, 315/30/20 R888 Toyo Proxes, Steeda LCA, Steeda Panhard bar, Roush UCA, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit, Eibach coilovers, C&L CAI, Kooks 1 -3/4 Kooks headers and offroad x-pipe, Magnaflow street series cat back, Boss 302 intake, AED tune, Circle D 3700 stall, FRPP 3.31, DSS carbon fiber drive shaft, Vortech JT 8 rib kit 3.48 pulley, ID 1000 injectors, Fore Innovations return style fuel system, LMR braided brake lines.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybandit View Post
I am going with a paxton or vortech kit I have not seen a whipple, roush out peform these kits.
Bandit, are you going to install the SC yourself---would love to see the finished product or even give you a hand doing it!

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnamover View Post
Yeah it is. I'd recommend hooking up the vacuum line to the BOV and the radiator hose to the thermostat housing before hooking up the Intercooler to Throttle body piping. The manual has you doing that after which is impossible.

2013 BOSS 302 #0838 GHIG, Recaros, Torsen, 3.73s, Borla S-Types, DSS CF Driveshaft, Paxton Novi 2200, Jegs Cat Deletes, MGW Shifter, Airaid CAI, Steeda Sports, GC CC Plates, UPR LCA Relocation Brackets, J&M Adj. PHB
SOLD-
2011 5.0 Premium Kona Blue
Brembos, 3.73s, 6M
PONY Member

Quote:
Bandit, are you going to install the SC yourself---would love to see the finished product or even give you a hand doing it!
I will let you know when I do it early spring. Just pondering upgrading the bottom end to a L&M block with I beams and a return fuel system instead of a BAP.

20 x 8.5 - 10 TSW Nurburgring rims, 255/45/20 Nitto Invo, 315/30/20 R888 Toyo Proxes, Steeda LCA, Steeda Panhard bar, Roush UCA, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit, Eibach coilovers, C&L CAI, Kooks 1 -3/4 Kooks headers and offroad x-pipe, Magnaflow street series cat back, Boss 302 intake, AED tune, Circle D 3700 stall, FRPP 3.31, DSS carbon fiber drive shaft, Vortech JT 8 rib kit 3.48 pulley, ID 1000 injectors, Fore Innovations return style fuel system, LMR braided brake lines.
PONY Member

Quote:
I will let you know when I do it early spring. Just pondering upgrading the bottom end to a L&M block with I beams and a return fuel system instead of a BAP.
I believe the JPC kit comes with the return style, as well as the 8 rib upgrade.

2013 BOSS 302 #0838 GHIG, Recaros, Torsen, 3.73s, Borla S-Types, DSS CF Driveshaft, Paxton Novi 2200, Jegs Cat Deletes, MGW Shifter, Airaid CAI, Steeda Sports, GC CC Plates, UPR LCA Relocation Brackets, J&M Adj. PHB
SOLD-
2011 5.0 Premium Kona Blue
Brembos, 3.73s, 6M
Apprentice

I installed mine myself and its not hardest car mod to do. It's better to know how it goes together so if something goes wrong you wont have that deer in the headlights look. Plus save $500-1K

2012 Black GT, 3.73 gears, Vortech kit, JLT intake, Lethal xpipe, JMS BAP, GT500 axel backs, MGW shifter
PONY Member

Quote:
Sounds good Bandit, PM me when you are ready to roll>

2012 California Special Convertible / Ebony Black / 5.0 liter / MT-82 / GT500 Axle Backs with resonator delete / Steeda Tri-Ax shifter & base bushing / Airaid CAI / BMR LCAs / BMR Relocation Brackets / BMR Adjustable UCA & Bracket / BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar / Steeda Sport Springs / GT500 Strut Mounts / Koni STR.Ts / Shaker 500 with Infinity 6832CFs / Redline hood strut / Redline leather shifter & E-brake boots
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalEl370 View Post
I replaced mine with the Canton reservoir, it's not as pretty as the JPC piece, but it's about 50 bucks cheaper.
Please post a link/part # for the Canton resevoir... Thanks!

2011 White GT/CS Coupe, RTR axle backs, 3:73, Eibach Pro System, J&M Extreme LCAs/Panhard bar, Steeda shifter, 20" staggered wheels, Vortech Supercharger.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by markman69 View Post
Please post a link/part # for the Canton resevoir... Thanks!
Here is a link. I know it says 05-09 GT, but it works for the 11-13s as well. Several have used this, including myself.

Canton Mustang Aluminum Expansion Tank for Vortech/Paxton Superchargers (05-09 GT) 80-239 - Free Shipping!

2012 Black Base Model 6MT, 3.73s, Steeda Shifter, CJ intake, CJ monoblade TB, Rev auto CAI, JBA LTs, o/r h pipe, Stage 3 comp cams, AED tune, Steeda Sport springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page