Happy Vortech Owners? - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalEl370 View Post
Here is a link. I know it says 05-09 GT, but it works for the 11-13s as well. Several have used this, including myself.

Canton Mustang Aluminum Expansion Tank for Vortech/Paxton Superchargers (05-09 GT) 80-239 - Free Shipping!
Sweet! Just added it to my AM build/Xmas list.

2011 White GT/CS Coupe, RTR axle backs, 3:73, Eibach Pro System, J&M Extreme LCAs/Panhard bar, Steeda shifter, 20" staggered wheels, Vortech Supercharger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

You know what I think would be neat… a supercharger that gets its air from a mach1 type hood scoop… you look at some of the designes for air intake and you think they can’t work well…
My favorite “sarcasm” is the one that pulls air from the back of the engine block…. Right above the exhaust headers… I would think mine are cherry freakin red at about 1000 feet of WOT… Kenne Bell’s air intake is about three feet long and it looks like you have to remove the front bumper to change the air filter… I like the mach1 hood scoop type of induction idea, like the 671 blowers on the older hotrods… ? Does anyone make this for any type of Supercharger that will work on a 2011+ 5.0 Mustang?

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaizer View Post
Nevermind. Don't want to sling mud..

I actually was hoping my SC whine would be louder. At idle with the hood closed, you can hardly hear it over my Borlas.
Who makes the S/C that has the nsaty whine at idle??I dont want any mistake whats under my hood.

Shawn
Toys:
1986 Buick Regal ttype,Too many mods to list.
10 second street ride W/AC
2013 GHIG GT stick HIS FRPP procal 393 RWHP 373 RWTQ
2002 gt premium vert auto HERS

Apprentice
S197 Member

Been close to 5 years, 16k miles and still could not be happier. I did change from the stock vortech tune to a brenspeed tune and a bap. Not that the vortech tune was bad but the brenspeed tune, jlt cold air, and bap did make even more power. It now dyno's at 565 rwhp. Can't wait till summer time.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Fountain View Post
I am consdering installing a Vortech supercharger on my 2011 GT 5.0. I would like to here from the happy and not so happy Vortech owners. My performance shop has quoted me $6,200 installed and dyno tuned. He said I should get around 200 additional h.p. at the rear wheels on 8 lbs. of boost. Your pro's and con's comments are appreciated.

I'm a happy Vortech owner, it's not and 11 but a 95, but I gained 109 rwhp w 8 lbs of boost. If you're fairly handy with a a wrench then you could probably install it your self over a weekend. However, tuning is definitely a necessity.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

These are blow thru setups. Meaning the MAF sensor is after the compressed air which results in, "not-so-good" drive-ability compared to a draw thru setup in which the MAF is before the supercharger. They still drive very well but not as good as their draw thru counterparts. If you are not happy with the base tune from Vortech we have a great calibration for your 5.0 cars with the Vortech manual cars. See this video and we explain it all! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqrsZpUVUW8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page