2012 GT Premium on its 2nd engine and still having issues - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2012 GT Premium on its 2nd engine and still having issues

I purchased my 2012 GT new on 05/01/12. I had absolutely no issues with the vehicle. until about 16k. I started to hear a tick in the engine which became a knock. I checked the oil and it was 4 qts low. I checked my oil 2 weeks before this and it was fine.

I brought the car to the dealership. they had my car for 2 weeks while they were swapping out the engine for a new one.

My car now has 22k miles on it. I have added 6qts of oil to the vehicle. I have just started the oil consumption check through the dealership. They put new oil in it on fri so i could start the test. I have driven the vehicle 1000 miles since fri and the oil is already black and smells like fuel. The new engine also gets extremely hot not on the gauges just really hot to the point that you cant put your hand on the hood prop rod or you will burn yourself.

I called ford today to make my appointment for the consumption test and they also have to put new lower control arms on since they are making all sorts of noise. I asked them to look at this when they had the vehicle for 2 weeks and he said they couldnt get it to make any noise. I seriously doubt they even looked since any small bump you hit the suspension makes noise.

Anyway Richard the Service guy at frederick motor company said he will need it all day. I asked if i could have a car and he said no and that he was reprimanded for giving me a loaner when they replaced my engine. I have had several vehicles in the last 20 years. new and used. I have never had a dealership not give me a loaner on something that I did not cause and was covered under warranty. He said Ford dealerships no longer do it check my manual its in there. He also stated that if i had the extended warranty they would but not under regular warranty. I normally only keep vehicles for a few years so i never get the extended. I have other issues going on with the car as well but i have rambled on enough. I am seriously questioning this car purchase though. I am not happy at all with my vehicle or the customer service. At this point im pretty scared that i didnt get the extended warranty since i will have a pos sitting in the driveway not running as soon as its out of warranty at the rate things are going now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012
J Orbit

Nothing kills the enthusiasm of a new car like problems and crappy customer service.
Just be careful what you post here because there's a contingent of members here that will jump all over your **** if you sound like you're less than ecstatic about your mustang. In fact I'm surprised you haven't been blamed for ruining your engine and attempting to defraud ford because you didn't check your oil...

Sorry you're going thru that. I had some early mechanical issues and experienced lackluster service as well and it really left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't buy another Ford, mostly due to the dealership network but also in a large part to their apparently unrectified quality issues that I was warned about.

post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagillan View Post
I purchased my 2012 GT new on 05/01/12. I had absolutely no issues with the vehicle. until about 16k. I started to hear a tick in the engine which became a knock. I checked the oil and it was 4 qts low. I checked my oil 2 weeks before this and it was fine.
I brought the car to the dealership. they had my car for 2 weeks while they were swapping out the engine for a new one.
My car now has 22k miles on it. I have added 6qts of oil to the vehicle. I have just started the oil consumption check through the dealership. They put new oil in it on fri so i could start the test. I have driven the vehicle 1000 miles since fri and the oil is already black and smells like fuel. The new engine also gets extremely hot not on the gauges just really hot to the point that you cant put your hand on the hood prop rod or you will burn yourself.
Welcome! Let me get this escalated for you, kagillan. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, best daytime number, and the concern your vehicle is having so I can forward it to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012
GT Member
Classic Member

Yay Ford customer service. Good luck Kagillan! Keep the faith brother, something good will happen. I got my deluxe build sheet from Ford a couple days ago and requested more details about the options on my car. They actually called me today and gave me the production numbers of those options. Never saw that coming but thanks!

1964.5 convertible and a 2012 Sterling Grey GT. 100 hp. and 412 hp. Go Bama, Roll Tide! 2015 National Champions! Clemson put up one heck of a fight!
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
Nothing kills the enthusiasm of a new car like problems and crappy customer service.
Just be careful what you post here because there's a contingent of members here that will jump all over your **** if you sound like you're less than ecstatic about your mustang. In fact I'm surprised you haven't been blamed for ruining your engine and attempting to defraud ford because you didn't check your oil...

Sorry you're going thru that. I had some early mechanical issues and experienced lackluster service as well and it really left a bad taste in my mouth. I won't buy another Ford, mostly due to the dealership network but also in a large part to their apparently unrectified quality issues that I was warned about.

If i was told at delivery I had to check my oil every 1000 miles i would have. I have owned several new vehicles including performance vehicles and never had issues with oil consumption.

I loved my car until the issues started. I still love my mustang. I just wish i wasnt having issues with it. All my friends that have them have had no issues what so ever. One of the reasons i purchased the vehicle.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012
PONY Member

Garage
I can't believe they won't give you a loaner. I got a loaner when I had a steering wheel button replaced, no questions asked. In fact, they didn't even ask if I wanted one; they just gave me a slip for Enterprise RAC and someone from the RAC place came and picked me up. They even authorized it for three days even though they ended up having my car only a couple of hours.

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012
Apprentice

They should give you a rental paid by ford every time they keep your car over night. It is in your warranty do not except anything less. I am sure if you get the correct people involved you will be fine. Do not give up on ford they will make it right.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012
PONY Member

Garage
Could you take it to a different dealer?

2016 Mustang GT 401a, 6A, Magnetic Metallic, Nav, Shaker Pro, 20" SVE Series 3's, Steeda CAI, Corsa Sports, BMR SP080 Springs, BMR Caster/Camber Plates, JLT Catch Can, Redline Hood Struts.....

2014 Mustang GT 400a, 6M, Recaros, 3.73's, 19" Drifts, electronics/nav., Kooks A/B's, AED Tune /Steeda CAI/BBQ Igniter Tick... SOLD
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryonl View Post
Yay Ford customer service. Good luck Kagillan! Keep the faith brother, something good will happen. I got my deluxe build sheet from Ford a couple days ago and requested more details about the options on my car. They actually called me today and gave me the production numbers of those options. Never saw that coming but thanks!
Thank you, Bryonl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daustin View Post
I can't believe they won't give you a loaner. I got a loaner when I had a steering wheel button replaced, no questions asked. In fact, they didn't even ask if I wanted one; they just gave me a slip for Enterprise RAC and someone from the RAC place came and picked me up. They even authorized it for three days even though they ended up having my car only a couple of hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrick View Post
They should give you a rental paid by ford every time they keep your car over night. It is in your warranty do not except anything less. I am sure if you get the correct people involved you will be fine. Do not give up on ford they will make it right.
Loaners are provided per dealer availability, guys. It would be awesome if everyone got one for any given reason however, not all dealers have that option. Some only have it available if you purchased the vehicle from them, or if its an extenuating circumstance, etc. This is also why we offer rental provisions with our Extended Service Plans with first day rental or after 24 hour rental, etc.

Deysha
Apprentice

First of all how can you blame someone for ruining there car because they didn't check their oil. I know it's recommended but if car is in good condition it shouldn't use oil at all. I have an explorer with 265k and never check oil just change every 3k. On a car that 2012 it shouldn't be using oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

95 5.0 sleeper.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I could take it to another dealer but this is where it was purchased. I figured that would be my best shot for a rental since it was purchased new there 6 months ago.

My Audi which i purchased new when i got home from Iraq in 2009 had 15k between oil changes. I would always check it at 10k and never burneda drop

@Bryonl Im keeping the faith
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1rider1015 View Post
First of all how can you blame someone for ruining there car because they didn't check their oil. I know it's recommended but if car is in good condition it shouldn't use oil at all. I have an explorer with 265k and never check oil just change every 3k. On a car that 2012 it shouldn't be using oil.

I don't know what the manual says (except to check it) but I would hate to have to be responsible for replacing a motor for someone who has never checked the oil. I will admit some of the 5.0 seem to burn more oil than they should but the owner does have some responsibility.

edited cause I re-read the op's post of how he did check oil.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

believe me i check it all the time now.
Apprentice

I'm not saying you shouldn't check but at the same when u buy a 30k new car u shouldn't have to worry about it needing motor. I usually check every time I fill up with fuel.

95 5.0 sleeper.
Apprentice

I do not know about loaners but when i bought my car I got a warranty and for anything that keeps that car over night they issue me a paid by ford rental. It is in the paperwork.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
customer service , oil consumption , poor quality

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page