Intake/Tune?????? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Intake/Tune??????

I am thinking about ordering an intake and programmer, but am unsure what tune to go with. I am interested in a ghost cam tune. Who has the least problems with their tunes? Also, what would be the best intake?

2012 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM INGOT SILVER
- AIRAID INTAKE W/ BAMA 93 RACE TUNE
- JBA OFFROAD X W/ PYPE BOMBS
- EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS
- WINDOW TINT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012
Apprentice

I would recommend a local store that dyno tunes instead of mail order tunes. If something does not go right, you can at least drive to the store, instead of datalogging and sending it in waiting for a response.

Last edited by proteus220; 03-06-2014 at 10:42 PM.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

If I order the airaid intake and bama tuner combo, I should still be able to be dynotuned on the ghost cam tune correct?

- WINDOW TINT

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012
BOSS Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus220 View Post
I've purchased a Bama tune with the off the shelf tune and experience heavy knocking, still awaiting for a reply after 48 hours of sending in the datalogs. I should not have to resort to sending PM's from a noncompany website for a response, and so far, money not well spent (and who knows what kind of damage occurred.) I will try to get a refund, stay with stock in the meantime, and go with a local tuner.
You do know that even their web site says to expect a 48 hour turn around, right?
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012
Banned

Yeah........I would not just go to any shop with a roller and have them start fiddling around with an engine that is not like anything most shops have played with unless they have a seriously long service record for Mustangs like JPC, Brenspeed, or Livernois. Bama, for example since it's in front of us, has send out thousands and thousands of tunes with thousands of thousands of satisfied clients. Name one local dyno shop that can say they've done that with one singular model like as an example, the Mustang.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012
GT Member

Ive got an AirRaid intake and AED tune and its probably as close to a dyno tune as anyone is going to give you with a little work on your end with data logging. Shaun had me and my brother squared away in 3 days and I cannot say enough about how the car runs and feels. I had a tune from steeda which was good too. Both are very safe and I would not let any other companies tune my car but them. Good luck

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
Yeah........I would not just go to any shop with a roller and have them start fiddling around with an engine that is not like anything most shops have played with unless they have a seriously long service record for Mustangs like JPC, Brenspeed, or Livernois. Bama, for example since it's in front of us, has send out thousands and thousands of tunes with thousands of thousands of satisfied clients. Name one local dyno shop that can say they've done that with one singular model like as an example, the Mustang.
Yes I agree. That is the direction Im leaning to. Bama seems pretty legit.

- WINDOW TINT
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012
PONY Member

BAMA is working for me so far, 2K miles with it. No pinging, knocking or anything.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012
Rookie

I will be buying my airaid and bama tune today
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BboyGhost View Post
I will be buying my airaid and bama tune today
Do you know how long they take to ship out?

- WINDOW TINT
Rookie

I went with Steeda and their tune. I'm very satisfied with them, even had my tuner go over everything and he said the tune was spot on.

2013 Sterling grey GT prem. Track Pack with Recaro's

Steeda rear brake upgrade, MGW shifter, BMR LCAs
Steeda Sport springs/Pro Action shocks and struts
Steeda HD strut mounts and adjustable panhard bar and brace
Steeda CAI, Kooks longtube headers, catted X pipe, GT 500 mufflers /Steeda tune
PONY Member

I put on a Bama/JLT about 5k miles. Had them on until about 18k. now i am running a custom tune similar to AED. What a difference between the 2 tunes. the peak powe was similar. 412-415whp. but the midrange was phenomenal. something like 10+ throughout the curve.

Bama is def a good tune dont get me wrong. But if you have some more money to blow get a custom tune... Im getting tuned for E85 and that ought to bump me 20+whp just with that.

2012 Mustang GT Premium, MT-82, Kona Blue Metallic, Factory 3.73's
BOSS Member

Garage
proteus, have you tried calling them?
PONY Member

I have a few different BAMA tunes, including their ghost cam tune. I had a surge issue with my JLT intake, emailed them, two days later I had a new tune in my email that fixed it. Great tune and customer service.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, 3.73's,
Hotchkis springs, 18x9.5,18x11 Forgestar CF5's, Lethal o/r H-Pipe, JLT CAI, BBR tune, Hotchkis panhard, UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR LCA's, MGW, GT500 strut mounts, KYB struts, GT500 ab's, Steeda motor mounts, NX plate

2003 Mach 1-R.I.P
2003 Mach 1-Procharged*SOLD*
PONY Member

I have a few different BAMA tunes, including their ghost cam tune. I had a surge issue with my JLT intake, emailed them, two days later I had a new tune in my email that fixed it. Great tune and customer service.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, 3.73's,
Hotchkis springs, 18x9.5,18x11 Forgestar CF5's, Lethal o/r H-Pipe, JLT CAI, BBR tune, Hotchkis panhard, UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR LCA's, MGW, GT500 strut mounts, KYB struts, GT500 ab's, Steeda motor mounts, NX plate

2003 Mach 1-R.I.P
2003 Mach 1-Procharged*SOLD*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page