Late model restoration has Gt 500 axle backs for $278+free shipping - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Late model restoration has Gt 500 axle backs for $278+free shipping

Just ordered my set, and when I get them I will sell my roush axle backs for $175.00 to the 1st guy who pm's me in the Delaware ,New jersey Maryland area!!!!! I take delivery on 11/26/12!!!

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
BOSS Member

Garage
Bummer, I guess I should have waited a few more weeks. I bought mine in late October.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona stang10 View Post
Just ordered my set, and when I get them I will sell my roush axle backs for $175.00 to the 1st guy who pm's me in the Delaware ,New jersey Maryland area!!!!! I take delivery on 11/26/12!!!
Just wondering why you are getting rid of the Roush? I have what they call the dual chamber resinators and they really get to anoying over 3K in town when really getting on it.
Dave

2015 Stage 3 Roush
'66' Ranchero w/almost done 302 T-5 swap
2000 4x4 Ranger
2003 4x2 Ranger
'69' Fairlane Cobra, 428 4-speed waiting for work

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

They are to loud for me, the novelty has worn off! The gt 500's are a good balance between the Roushes and stock!

2016 Ruby Red GT/CS 401a automatic with 3:55 gears, bone stock, but not for long!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
PONY Member

Also ordered a set, I was torn and almost ordered the '13 quad tip/valence combo instead.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
They are to loud for me, the novelty has worn off! The gt 500's are a good balance between the Roushes and stock!
IMHO, for $175 hang on to them.

I go back and forth between the Roush, and FRPP touring.

Sometimes I want sort of quiet and sometimes I want LOUD

2011 GT, VMP Roush TVS, 10.80 @ 127mph
DynoSpeedRacing, Memphis TN
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryC View Post

Sometimes I want sort of quiet and sometimes I want LOUD
And that is exactly why I keep looking at the boss side exhaust with electronic cut outs.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
Apprentice

just ordered mine yesterday....next will be the boss side pipes..I think the 2 will complement each other very well....nice deep throaty sound....

2013 Grabber Blue 5.0 Auto Premium - Purchased 08/31/2012
GT500 AB | Roush TVS | Shaftmasters DS | JLT CAI | Lethal OR X-Pipe | Steeda Adjustable UCA | J&M LCA
J&M Adjustable Panhard Bar | Stock Converter and 3.15 Gears | Sipping the Kool-AED | Big Smile on Driver
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
Apprentice

Same here ordered mine yesterday, should be here tomorrow!!

2014 Race Red Mustang GT 6M Premium

Mods:
- Stock
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_5.0 View Post
just ordered mine yesterday....next will be the boss side pipes..I think the 2 will complement each other very well....nice deep throaty sound....
Couldn't agree with you more!

GT500 axle backs on Boss 302 after 4k miles - YouTube
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Lotsa folks have/will come to the same conclusion.... Including myself!

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Ok Got my roushe's off , and my new GT 500's on, they are quieter, and you hear more from my bassani true xpipe but when you rev it, say 3grand and up you can hear it. I cant help but to notice right off the bat the car is more responsive and willing to go with these mufflers, and no popping at all. I was able to paint them with vhf high heat flat black paint so that they blend with the lower rear valance. And guess what these Gt-500are not that much heavier then the roushe's... Anyone want the roushe's, 1st $200 takes them pm me if your in northern md, southern pa and or nj....I will meet you half way to do the deal!

PONY Member

Quote:
Ok Got my roushe's off , and my new GT 500's on, they are quieter, and you hear more from my bassani true xpipe but when you rev it, say 3grand and up you can hear it. I cant help but to notice right off the bat the car is more responsive and willing to go with these mufflers, and no popping at all. I was able to paint them with vhf high heat flat black paint so that they blend with the lower rear valance. And guess what these Gt-500are not that much heavier then the roushe's... Anyone want the roushe's, 1st $200 takes them pm me if your in northern md, southern pa and or nj....I will meet you half way to do the deal!
Great price and a great axleback. I bought mine a year and half ago and the price increase you paid has risen less on them than on your used Roushe A/Bs in a week:hihi: jkg

Current
2016 gt premium, ingot silver, performance package, navigation

Previous
2012 gt premium, brembos, 3.73, 6mt, kona blue

2015 Ecoboost PP black on black 401A, security, enhanced backup

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page