new owner stumped - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

new owner stumped

I want to make my 2011 gt 5.0 sound louder and deeper. is the only mod i can do without a tune is add axle backs? what about a x pipe or h pipe? this car is great, but as far as i know you cant do much without a tune. Im scared of a tune cause of the warranty. help please. thanks

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You can change the exhaust without a tune...
Roush are suppose to be among the loudest ones, there are many subjects with videos to help you chose the exhaust you want, good luck!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ive watched a bunch. Im more worried about the tune. I called AM and he recomended a tune if i installed a catback pipe and mufflers. Im a little confused

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2011 Premium GT 401A Brick Red interior 19 inch charcoal rims, 373 gear 6 speed, Elenore side window scoops, 5.0 floor mats,black 5.0 badges,tinted taillights, AM black retro grille, "BMF" hood spears, MGW shifter

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

well f it. i just ordered pypes axle backs. ill do some more research before i dive into a full exhaust.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member

You can go with an after cat x or H pipe without needing a tune. I personally have the Corsa XO crossover pipe which bolts in place of the H pipe after the stock headers and cats.

No tune and I can feel a difference at the higher RPMs due to the smoother flow of the X.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Cool thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

As mentioned no tune required if you don't touch the cats. I have the Flowmaster Outlaw axel back and it is crazy loud (in a good way). No need for X or cat delete. If you can live with some drone I would def recommend the Outlaws. I think the Pypes bomb are also similar design (straight through) but havnt heard one in person.

13' Mustang GT 5.0L Grabber Blue 401a, 6spd manual, Brembo brake pkg with Boss radiator, engine oil cooler, Torsen differential & 3.73 gears. Back up camera with Navigation.
Mods - Flowmaster Outlaw, Roush front, side, rear splitter. Roush hood scoop + quarter window louvers, Barton 2 piece shifter bracket
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member

I'd look into getting the boss quad pipes. It's supposed to be a nice deep rumble.

2011 GTCS
Officially too many mods to list...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang93 View Post
well f it. i just ordered pypes axle backs. ill do some more research before i dive into a full exhaust.
I have these, if you want loud and deep and don't mind some drone at 2k you will be very happy.

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
shellenberger

Get a large screw driver, preferable a phillips and poke 7 to 10 holes in each muffler. Total instal takes less than 15 minutes.

(Please don't do this. It's a joke!)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellenberger View Post
Get a large screw driver, preferable a phillips and poke 7 to 10 holes in each muffler. Total instal takes less than 15 minutes.

(Please don't do this. It's a joke!)
What's the matter with you Shel? Any good mechanic knows you should drill the holes, not just poke them in with a screwdriver :nogrinner. (and yes, this too is a joke)
Rookie

Along with the Pypes axle backs, delete them resonators.

2011 Mustang Gt- 400A, Black/Black, Brembo, 3.73, Lethal(JBA) H-Pipe, Pypes A/B, UMI adj. UCA, SR Shifter, Barton Bracket, JHR clutch line, J&M LCAs, Boss Oil Cooler, WeatherTech Digital Fit, Black Emblems. Deletes: Resonators, Sound Tube, Spring Assist.
2007 Suburban LTZ 4x4- 5.3 Liter, 2" Ruff Country Level Kit
1995 F-350 Powerstroke 4x4 Crew Cab- Way to much to list ( Slow but fast, Fast but Slow)
1973 F-250 4x4 Highboy- Under Restoration, Built 460, C6.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEN-TEXstang View Post
Along with the Pypes axle backs, delete them resonators.

+1, the resonators kill alot of sound.

Dont bother with H or X pipe if you are not taking out the cats. I actually lost some volume when I did.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

just got done installing the pypes pype-bomb axle-back exhaust. I drove it around for about 30 min. Nice sound. It's exactly what i wanted. I was kind of scarred cause people said how LOUD they were. I dont think so. the passenger side sags down about a 1/4 of a inch. I think Ill fix that tomorrow or this weekend.

GT Member
S197 Member

Dont waste your money. Take the mufflers off my dad did it to his 11 gt and it sounds amazing. Not to loud and does not pop! It sounds just like a axle back. Swear to god...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page