Boss 2012 mt-82 solution - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Boss 2012 mt-82 solution

I have a procharged Boss Mustang that was just dynoed at 630 rwhp. and I have been able to get my transmission to shift perfectly. I installed BG syncro shift 2 synthetic transmission fluid, high volume clutch line for throughout bearing and a Barton shifter with the two post bracket. The car can shift at 7500 rpm easily. I let my neighbor drive the car and he had only driven it a couple of miles and did a couple of shifts and he had no problem shifting the car at 7500 rpm. I can not believe it is the same transmission.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
Apprentice

Which clutch line?

Shawn
Toys:
1986 Buick Regal ttype,Too many mods to list.
10 second street ride W/AC
2013 GHIG GT stick HIS FRPP procal 393 RWHP 373 RWTQ
2002 gt premium vert auto HERS
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

shifters always have been a "1st mod" for most Stangs...good post

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
Apprentice

How is the noise with the Barton. I have seen some complain about more noise.

2012 GT Premium, Ingot Silver, Brembo package, 3.73's, Clear Bra, GT500 Axle Backs, tint.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftoy View Post
How is the noise with the Barton. I have seen some complain about more noise.
I have the Barton shifter and original bracket ... there is certainly more noise. IMO it's well worth it ... my car has Roush AB's and Boss 302 sides and is so damn loud anyway it's hard to notice.

Everyone I have let shift my car has said "wow" ... I love the Barton.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012
PONY Member

Have the Steeda tri ax but also have the Barton 2 post bracket. Glad I waited for that redesign - the piece was really well made and seemed to solve a lot of the shortcomings of the previous design. It was also way easier to install.

I agree with the OP - it was like a whole other transmission once i got those parts in there.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

my .02 is if you complain about noise, get a Camary. The MGW adds some noise, mostly during shifting there is a definate clunk when changing gears.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
GT Member

Im running Redline fluid with the Barton shifter and 2 post bracket, its a real nice smooth shifting setup, I couldnt be happier

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012
Apprentice

My tranny is dead to me. Not spending another dime on that ****.

2013 TRACK PACK
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
my .02 is if you complain about noise, get a Camary. The MGW adds some noise, mostly during shifting there is a definate clunk when changing gears.
I don't need it to sound even more like a blender it is a daily driver if it was a second car or track rat I wouldn't care. I'm on the fence with the Barton and Steeda. Consesus is the Barton can be a bit more noisy although it looks to be an excellent piece.

2012 GT Premium, Ingot Silver, Brembo package, 3.73's, Clear Bra, GT500 Axle Backs, tint.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I notice no noise difference. You have 30 days to try it and if you do not like it Barton will take it back. The two post bracket makes a difference.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I had a Steeda Shifter and although better than stock the Barton with the two post bracket is much better. The Barton has a much better feel.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

JHR high volume clutch line $60.00. You will need long nose pliers that are bent at the end at 45 degrees to reach the clip that holds the hose at the top. Lower the brake fluid in the brake resevouir before removing line, remove the line, fill the fluid back up and pump your clutch peddle about 100 times to get the air out. No need for a vacuum pump as it is self bleeding.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

For you guys that's worried about more noise with MGW or Barton, try energy suspension bushing for $20 bucks. I thought this was BS for $20 bucks and just a bushing. These guys made a believer out of me. One thing I had to change with my MT82 was the way I grabbed the shifter. MT82 is no tremec or japanese aysin where I can just grab it and bang through the gears usually, and if I do, you better believe I will be locked out of 3rd most definitely and sometimes 4th and 5th. Not anymore, I purposely tried to make my gears lock out and it won't. The best $20 bucks I spent in a long time!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page