SCT SF3/X3 tuner not turning on. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Angry SCT SF3/X3 tuner not turning on.

Hey everyone,

I just got the SCT tuner from AM this morning. Came to find out that it is not turning on when I plug it into OBDII port. Even if keys in or not.

So far troubleshooting steps I had taken are as follows,

Checked all the fuses on my 12 GT. Fuses are all fine. Checked.

Per AM support, I've plugged the tuner to wife's 12 CR-V. Nothing came on. Checked. Also my friend's 07 Eclipse. Nothing came on. Checked.

I also saw somewhere to check all my cig lighter fuses and connections and all front dash mounted and in the side compartment ones where fine and tested using cell charger.

Only time it came on was when I plug it to my laptop using USB connection. I've also downloaded SCT software and installed it to my laptop and driver for SCT tuner also.

It seems to read and scans the tuner just fine through the software. I can see the tuner is functioning like how it suppose to be and the software is reading and seeing all the 3 tunes from AM also.

Last troubleshooting effect was to plug the tuner to OBDII and the other end using USB cable to plug it to cig lighter connector. It turns on but getting pretty much no connection or data from OBDII port.

I doubt that it is my OBDII port since i've tried 2 other cars. Unit seems to be working fine while connected through my laptop's via USB.

I think it is most likely the OBDII cable from the tuner is at fault.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. I'm calling AM in the morning if no other troubleshooting steps are suggested.

Thanks all,

-Aung.:?:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Jesus! Not another SCT wow.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
shellenberger

It's broke. Send it back.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm with you on that OBD II cable from the tuner. You did some solid trouble shooting and that seems to be the most logical component at this stage in the game.

Bummer that you can't load your new tunes but better to be broken now than later or while you were flashing the car.

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mann View Post
I'm with you on that OBD II cable from the tuner. You did some solid trouble shooting and that seems to be the most logical component at this stage in the game.

Bummer that you can't load your new tunes but better to be broken now than later or while you were flashing the car.
Exactly what I was thinking. Still a major bummer. Dont give up though. Mine works flawlessly.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
sct sf3 x3 , tuner not turning on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page