19 Inch Non Brembo Wheels - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

19 Inch Non Brembo Wheels

Will they fit over the Brembo brakes? I guess they are the premium 2011/2012 wheels? I thought anything over 18 inches would fit over the Brembo brakes. I have a meeting set up with someone who is selling those wheels with all season tires on them in the morning tomorrow. He told me they would, but a little bit of research just now is telling me they won't...

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed: Mach 1 grille delete, K&N drop-in air filter, 75mm BBK throttle body, ported C&L plenum, UPR upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks/struts, McLeod Super Street Pro clutch kit, AM firewall adjuster, MM clutch quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Bassani catted x pipe, Flowmaster weld-in 40's, SCT 93 octane Bama tune
SOLD
for...
2013 Mustang GT 6 speed: GT Track Package, 301A Tech Package, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Axleback, Steeda Shifter Bushing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012
Grimace427

No they won't. It's not the diameter of the wheel but rather the shape of the spokes. With enough spacers they could be made to fit, but that could compromise the threads on the studs.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I am truly up a creek then. There was an ad on craigslist for 4 2012 style GT500 wheels with Michelin Pilot all-seasons for 1200 and was iffy about getting 18 inch wheels... I thought a downsize wouldn't be that great, and I thought 1200 was a lot of money for just wheels and tires.... I was about to pull the trigger and contact the guy and the ad was gone. Now after looking for WEEKS for the same wheels I haven't found damn near anything that will fit. I'm practically drooling over those GT500 wheels right now. I should've jumped on those!!!!!!!!!!

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed: Mach 1 grille delete, K&N drop-in air filter, 75mm BBK throttle body, ported C&L plenum, UPR upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks/struts, McLeod Super Street Pro clutch kit, AM firewall adjuster, MM clutch quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Bassani catted x pipe, Flowmaster weld-in 40's, SCT 93 octane Bama tune
SOLD
for...
2013 Mustang GT 6 speed: GT Track Package, 301A Tech Package, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Axleback, Steeda Shifter Bushing

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
Grimace427

Yeah, anything that fits the GT500 will fit our Brembos as they are the same. Those Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires would be over $1200 by themselves new, they are very fine all-season performance tires.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I know. Once I did the math and research I was going to call the guy but the ad was gone. I feel like a complete idiot now. There is nothing around here. There are the GT500 performace package wheels someone is selling for 2250 but they probably have summer tires on them. That's too much money for me anyway. There's another guy in Jersey that is selling the GT500 style wheels with Goodyear all seasons for 1600. I contacted the guy and he told me he turned down 1300.

Missed a golden opportunity.

SOLD
for...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
Grimace427

I drove through two east coast winters on my original summer P-Zeros, you'll be fine.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post
I drove through two east coast winters on my original summer P-Zeros, you'll be fine.

Do you guys get a lot of snow or just cold temps?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
Do you guys get a lot of snow or just cold temps?

Last year we got nothin'. The year before we had two stroms that dumps maybe a total of 1.5' of snow. One of those stroms was a freak surprise when people were already at work and made for a fuster cluck on the drive home. I was in my Mustang when we got a 1" dusting and it was very treacherous, but as the winter wore on I payed closer attention to the weather and when the forcast called for snow I either borrowed my dad's truck or simply stayed home.

When there is snow here in NoVA, it doesn't really matter what you are driving...you will get stuck one way or another. Either you will be stuck in traffic or stuck in traffic.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace427 View Post

When there is snow here in NoVA, it doesn't really matter what you are driving...you will get stuck one way or another. Either you will be stuck in traffic or stuck in traffic.

Just because people aren't prepared for it?

We haven't had anything yet here in SE Wisconsin. I haven't even put my stupid snow tires on yet. It's going to be in the fugging 50's this weekend. Definitely not typical Wisconsin winter weather.
Grimace427

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsadams87xx View Post
Just because people aren't prepared for it?

We haven't had anything yet here in SE Wisconsin. I haven't even put my stupid snow tires on yet. It's going to be in the fugging 50's this weekend. Definitely not typical Wisconsin winter weather.

It's not that people aren't prepared(or not just that they aren't prepared) but that traffic moves slowly during normal rush hour, and when there is precipitation people drive slowly to the point that they are basically parked in the middle of the road out of fear. Even if just 1% of drivers were ill equipped(vehicle or skill-wise) that would be enough to lock the roads down tight.

Starting Sunday we will be hitting mid 60s!! And it's my vacation week!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

It's still early in the winter season, the jet stream and other players in the atmosphere are still getting their act together. I believe this winter will truly be cold and snowy for the most part. I went snowboarding down in Snowshoe, WV last weekend and the high temperature never even hit 15 degrees during the day. I snowboarded for maybe 4 hours and when I came back, my tires were FROZEN. It felt like driving on Flintstones rock wheels. There was a dusting of snow on the road, but when I was in a spot with no snow on the road and I tried to lose traction to see how they were holding up, they would spin at the slightest difference of throttle. Taking off from a stop was a joke.

SOLD
for...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page