Which gauges to use on supercharged 2011 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Which gauges to use on supercharged 2011

The Procharger for my 2011 Mustang GT just showed up and in the instructions is recommends that you should have the following gauges available to properly check the finished installation and monitor your vehicle's performance (especially for testing):

Manifold Boost Pressure Gauge
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Wind Band Oxygen Sensor and Gauge.

How many of you installed the above listed gauges? Which ones, where did you get them, where did ya stick em', and how do you like them? I think I saw a pic of a boost gauge that was inserted into the left side vent. Looked good. Pic would be great.

Thanks,

Semper Fi

88 Notch. QT PT 6776 turbo kit, Edelbrock RPM, Cometic, Crane 1.6, f303, LW bell, 6 pt., 3.73, strange adj. 6AL, MB Jr. upper/lower control arms, z-t5, SRP pistons, main support, windage tray, FAST XFI, Strange spool & 33 spline axles, c-clip, Spec III, Flaming River man. rack, Team-Z anti-roll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012
PONY Member

When I was running the blower on my GT, I had the Aeroforce setup. Boost is obvious. IAT2(post intercooler) is the other one I ran.

----------------------------------
1993 Mustang Cobra - 99% stock
2011 Mustang GT(RIP)
2011 Shelby GT500 - Gone
2015 Mustang GT
----------------------------------
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012
Apprentice

I run 2 aeroforce interceptor gauges. Have them installed in a SOS gauge pillar. The cool thing about these gauges is that each one can display 2 different things so really its like have 4 gauges. To read boost you need to get the boost sensor kit. Same thing for fuel pressure. I monitor A/f ratio bank 1 and 2, IAT's and boost. They are a little expensive but I think they are worth the money

2012 Mustang GT premium, Brembos, hid/security, 3.73's, Kooks catback, Lethal off road xpipe, Spohn lca & relocation brackets, Spohn upper control arm, Procharger Stage II @ 8 psi tuned by Jon lund

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I have a Procharger. I run Ford Racing gauges for oil ressure, boost
and fuel pressure on a triple trim pod. I have an aeroforce interceptor in a Roush aircon vent pod for my air/fuel ratio.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

I have the Aeroforce now with NO boost, but will be getting a Roush next year along with a MAP sensor to allow them to display boost. The AFR via wide band is great. You can also use one of the displays to switch between ECT and IAT ..lots of options
RC

2011 GT/CS Auto-Security Package, HID, Remote Start.

STEEDA: LCA/Upper 3rd Link, Adj Rear Sway bar, Spyder 20" Rims 11"/9.5", Hood Struts.

VMP S/C w/82mm Pulley, JLT CF Intake, Vortech Max Flow BAP, AFCO Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, FMS 3.31 Gears, Kooks 1-7/8 LTs, Kooks Off Road H-Pipe, GT500 AB's, Baer Big Brake Kit with 14" Rotors, Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Scan Gauge w/Speed of Sound A-Pillar.

Roush Front Bumper, Saleen Front Grille, Custom Radiator Cover/Coil Covers
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I ran the Speed of sound 3 pod set up with Ford Racing boost and fuel pressure gauges and the Aeroforce that I set to monitor oil and A/F
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gauges.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	167801  

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thank you for all of your replys. Zilla8 that look really good. After 2-3 days of reading, reseaching etc. I found that the AeroForce gauges are incredible. All the features espcially when you purchase the dual interceptor Scan gauges. So that is what I did. It sounds so easy to install too. Plugs into the OB2 port and it boots up. I did get the Speed Of Sound dual gauge pillar pod along with all the sensor kits for Fuel/Oil and Boost/Vacuum.

Your right, not cheap but only two gauges to fiddle with sounds good to me. I really did like the looks of the Roush A/C pod kit but this will work just fine I think. Thanks for all of your help. I hope to start a build thread very soon. I have lots of parts to install so stay tuned.

Semper Fi.

88 Notch. QT PT 6776 turbo kit, Edelbrock RPM, Cometic, Crane 1.6, f303, LW bell, 6 pt., 3.73, strange adj. 6AL, MB Jr. upper/lower control arms, z-t5, SRP pistons, main support, windage tray, FAST XFI, Strange spool & 33 spline axles, c-clip, Spec III, Flaming River man. rack, Team-Z anti-roll
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Good deal DOA I liked the clean install with this set up.I had the sleeper look going with my car until the gauges went in lol

Guys would roll up and rev and see the gauges and have second thoughts

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012
Banned

One day when I supercharge, I plan on putting the Boss 3 guage pod on my dash with a Ford Racing vac/boost guage and two Aeroforce guages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page